“Great 5th birthday party” 5 of 5 bubbles

American Girl Bistro
Ranked #61 of 94 Restaurants in Tysons Corner
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Greencastle, Pennsylvania
“Great 5th birthday party”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2014

I took my daughter for her 5th birthday party. There were 8 in our party and we were promptly seated. The food and service were wonderful. Our waiter kept on checking on us and so did the wait staff. Overall we had a great time and will come back very soon. I would recommend this to any with little girls.

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Disappointed.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2014

We had a 4:00 reservation not seated until 4:30. Not acceptable when dining with children (in my opinion). Our server was friendly enough but service was horrendous. Food was average, pretty much what I expected for the price. Main course was put down before we could finish half of our starters. Our table was too small and it was chilly. I could go on... Just generally disappointed.

• Visited February 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank E3V2C
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Disappointed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2013

We have been to the American Girl Bistro in DC twice. Our first experience in January 2012 was slightly better than our most recent visit. The first time we went, we were celebrating my daughter's birthday. We got the birthday package which included a cake and birthday hats for the dolls. This past weekend we made reservations for dinner while we were visiting DC for the weekend. Both times the food was good and the small portions were appropriate for kids. However it's not worth the price. The cost is $17/person and each person can choose one appetizer and one entree. Drinks and dessert are extra. They had a "Bitty" menu for children under 3 which was $7.50. I ordered a meal from the Bitty menu for my 2 year old...however the choices were not really appropriate for that age. The grilled cheese came with tomato soup which would have been a mess. We got the mac and cheese but it came with celery and carrot sticks which were difficult for my daughter to eat. My older daughter brought her American Girl doll and my sons brought stuffed animals. They were all given seats for their dolls/animals, but I had to ask the server to bring cups/plates for the stuffed animals. He only brought a cup/plate for the American Girl doll and my sons were disappointed. If I am paying $17/kid's meal for the experience I don't think I should have to remind them. We had a 7:30 reservation which was the last reservation time of the day. They had run out of several of the things on the menu. They were also starting to clean up for the night and unload boxes in the area where we were seated - which made us feel rushed. We had multiple servers and none of them interacted with the children. Overall we were disappointed in the dinner experience.

• Visited November 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank J P
Pittsburgh, PA
“Nice Birthday Treat”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2013

Geared to please kids and their parents with a good menu; however, cannot compare to the AG dining room experiences in Chicago. It is a bistro, not a dining room.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank grandmere3
“Great young girl atmosphere to have a girls birthday party”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013 via mobile

Food was delicious. Tomato basil soup. Mini hot dogs and hamburgers for kids. Good food for adults. Beautiful birthday cake!

• Visited September 2013