“Nice staff, free breakfast & dinner, would stay again”

Residence Inn Tysons Corner Mall
Ranked #10 of 14 Hotels in Tysons Corner
Reviewed 2 August 2013

I'd have rated this hotel higher if we hadn't been booted from one "Residence Inn, Tyson's Corner, VA" to this one ("Residence Inn, Tyson's Corner Mall, VA") by Priceline in the middle of our stay. This one is a bit more dated compared to the one on Westwood Center Drive, but the rooms are clean and comfortable. Breakfast is good, dinner is economy food but very edible. We had no problems with the room and the staff was pleasant. My only complaint is that the carpet in our hall smelled like slightly stale asian food, but our room didn't have the same issue. The area around the hotel is mainly office buildings with a number of vacancies, but there are also a number of restaurants (including Olive Garden) a few blocks away. The full kitchen is a great feature - we'd stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Afiya M, General Manager at Residence Inn Tysons Corner Mall, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2013

Thank you for sharing your feedback!
I am glad that you had an opportunity to experience the amenities within the hotel as well our excellent customer service. We take pride in assuring that our guest have a postitve experience.

Afiya Miles

There are newer reviews for Residence Inn Tysons Corner Mall

Reviewed 31 July 2013

The hotel is a little difficult to find. Well, you can see it off of the main drag..BUT it is difficult to figure out how to get there. It can be frustrating.

The parking is tight if you have to park in the structure. The foyer/reception desk it small and a little tight compared to other residence inn's I've stayed at. The room was ok, and breakfast was decent.

My biggest complaint was the food. I ordered room service, and I think it came from the hotel next store, because they share the service. I'm not sure who owns the restaurant, but I thought the food was bland and uninspiring.

Personally, after staying here I decided to focus on building up my Hilton Rewards and opt to stay at Hilton related hotels in the area.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 July 2013

I cannot say enough good things about the staff at this hotel. The Assistant GM was always able and willing to help us with whatever we needed. The shuttle bus driver was consistently helpful, friendly, and flexible on our multiple trips to and from the Metro subway station. The food service staff ensured that we had a tasty variety of foods for both breakfast and dinner. The front desk staff were also the most helpful and polite folks I have ever seen in a single hotel.

Honestly, I've never seen such a customer-oriented group in my life. At most hotels, the staff seems to be devoted to enforcing the rules, often to the detriment of the guests. I'm accustomed to receiving dumb looks and shoulder shrugs from front desk personnel and watching the complimentary breakfast food run out 20 minutes before shutdown without so much as an expression of regret. At this hotel, the staff is obviously dedicated to always pursue a way to make the guest welcome and comfortable.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback! I appreciate you recognizing the outstanding customer service that the staff provided. Look forward to hosting you again on your next visit to Vienna Va.

Afiya Miles

Reviewed 13 July 2013

Check in was easy. I was given a room up on the 6th Floor; a suite with a King bed. Everything was clean and in working condition. They serve a free breakfast and a dinner with free beer and wine. I found the quality to be okay nothing to brag about. The fitness room is open 24 hours and was adequately equipped. Staff was very professional and helpful.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Afiya M, General Manager at Residence Inn Tysons Corner Mall, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2013

Philly_Dan

Thank you for the review on our property. I am glad that you were able to enjoy some of the amenities of the hotel such as the fitness center and our complimentary social hour. We are happy to hear that the Dinner with beer and wine service is a big hit! We are also looking to enhance our breakfast experience as well and are always looking for ways to improve. Your feedback is valued and I would love the opportunity to discuss this furhter with you. Please feel free to contact me directly at 703.917.0800.

Reviewed 1 July 2013

Standard Marriott property of its type. Everything was ok to good, but there were small issues and one quirk. The quirk is that it is really hard to find the front door! It is down an outdoor walk past the swimming pool and invisible from the street or even the parking lot. (If you drive in the front, stop immediately on the small hatchmarked pavement and it is on the right - underground parking is to the left.) The worst issue was that the AC unit sent out really cold air to the bed - so I got really cold whenever it was on unless I pulled the covers up, and then got hot before the AC came on again. The other issues relate to noise. There was a fan noise in the bathroom from some fan outside the bathroom needing maintenence, but that went away if the door was kept closed - probably fixed by now since I emailed the manager. The room is quite eneough and small enough that the full sized refrigerator also made a noticable noise - good that it is quiet, but I didn't like the sound.

Room Tip: Huge discounts on weekends.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Skipper090

Skipper090

I appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay at our property. I do apologize that the fan from the bathroom was noisey. I have had my Engineering team address this issue from your email to me after checkout. Thank you again for bringing it to my attention and I hope you will visit the Residence Inn again if ever in the Tysons Corner area.

Reviewed 19 June 2013

Stayed 5 nights - loved my room(s) and the hotel but hated the wi-fi. Started my stay on the sixth floor and suffered there for 2 nights with ZERO wifi access before moving down to the second. And - how has this not been mentioned by other reviewers? - even on the second floor when I was able to get online it was at a snail's sad slimy crawl speed. Forget streaming Netflix even on the lowest resolution setting. At least the front desk tried to respond and correct the issue, even if unsuccessful.

Reasonable - well, barely acceptable - work out room (read: closet) but they do have a barely advertised option to workout at an outside facility. I didn't take advantage.

Breakfast is the typical hotel stuff but the evening reception is very good and includes free draft beer and wine.

Pricey stay and if I'm back in the area I will not stay here again unless the internet speed/connection is upgraded significantly.

Room Tip: Avoid the wifi black hole sixth floor
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank GoGetemTiger

Go Getern Tiger

Thank you for the review on our property. I am glad that you were able to enjoy most of the amenities of the hotel . However, I would like to apologize for the internet issue that you had in your guestroom. We did just complete an internet upgrade to prevent these issues from occuring. We have increased our speed and now you can connect up to 5 devices in the room at no charge. I am sorry that I did not get a chance to address this issue while you were here. This is not the a normal occurance and I hope that you will stay with us again when you are in the area.

Reviewed 14 April 2013

I have stayed here on business a number of times. Great location for business in Tyson's Corner area. Rooms are nice size, clean and quiet. Location is also good to some good and diverse options to eat. Recommended for business travelers.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank philly099
Jessica C, General Manager at Residence Inn Tysons Corner Mall, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2013

Thank you for your review! We appreciate your feedback. I'm glad we could accommodate your travel needs while on your business trip. We look forward to having you back on your next trip!