“not as close as represented”

Residence Inn Tysons Corner Mall
Ranked #10 of 15 Hotels in Tysons Corner
Reviewed 29 August 2013

This is an excellent hotel. All staff were extremely helpful and pleasant. The breakfast and evening meals which are complimentary were really excellent.

Negatives:
Although most area hotels have a shuttle to local venues within 2-3 miles, this hotel only had it during morning hours and afternoon hours and Monday through Thursday. So how about the rest of the time?

Although it's name implies proximity to the Tysons Corner Mall, it is about an 8 block walk, part of which is very pleasant through back streets, but there is a really busy highway which must be crossed, and the Tyson's Galleria is even farther. This would be too much in the heat of the summer or the cold of the winter.

There limited eating and shopping choices closeby, so one really needs to have their own car.

The swimming pool has restricted hours, probably due to the requirement for a lifeguard being on duty.

1  Thank kursan
Afiya M, General Manager at Residence Inn Tysons Corner Mall, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2014

Kursan

Thank you for your feedback! I happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I noticed your concerns about the distance to the mall. Even though we are about a mile away from the mall is not easy to walk. We do provide a shuttle that we are looking to extend the hours during the summer months and winter months so that our leisure guests have a chance to enjoy this amenity that we offer.
Thank you again for your feed back!

Reviewed 21 August 2013

I have stayed at this location several times now and have had a nice experience each time. It was at a convenient location from my work and Wolf Trap Performance Arts Center. During the summer concert season, it has become my home away from home. If there was something I could think of that could have made it better, it would have to be that there were more than just one bath towel in my suite. Other than, it was great.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business

Lisa T

Thank you for taking the time to review our property on TripAdvisor. We appreciate your continued business. I'm happy to hear that we continue to provide great customer service on each of your visits with us. We have taken action on your comment about the extra bath towels. You are correct with the suites being a large size we have increased the number of towels to 3 each of the guest suites. Thank you for your feedback

Reviewed 15 August 2013 via mobile

We stayed over because of the proximity to The Wolf Trap park (concert). The front desk staff checked us in quickly and arranged a cab pick up.
The only downside is that there is no fitness center, but there is hotel guest access to a local gym.

• Stayed: August 2013
Afiya M, General Manager at Residence Inn Tysons Corner Mall, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2013

Thank you for your feedback.
I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us! The hotel offers fitness center passes to a local gym however, we do have an onsite fitness center for guests as well. I hope that if you are in the area again that you will stay with us so that you will get to enjoy this complimentary amenity that we offer to our guests.

Reviewed 14 August 2013

The rooms were clean, well designed with a kitchenette and ample desk with enough electrical outlets to charge all devices. During the work week, the hotel offers a complimentary dinner, which can even be delivered to the room for after hours. Manager is responsible, courteous, and very accommodating. Easy access to Wolf trap.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay at our property! Please keep us in mind if you comeback to the area!

Reviewed 2 August 2013

I'd have rated this hotel higher if we hadn't been booted from one "Residence Inn, Tyson's Corner, VA" to this one ("Residence Inn, Tyson's Corner Mall, VA") by Priceline in the middle of our stay. This one is a bit more dated compared to the one on Westwood Center Drive, but the rooms are clean and comfortable. Breakfast is good, dinner is economy food but very edible. We had no problems with the room and the staff was pleasant. My only complaint is that the carpet in our hall smelled like slightly stale asian food, but our room didn't have the same issue. The area around the hotel is mainly office buildings with a number of vacancies, but there are also a number of restaurants (including Olive Garden) a few blocks away. The full kitchen is a great feature - we'd stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for sharing your feedback!
I am glad that you had an opportunity to experience the amenities within the hotel as well our excellent customer service. We take pride in assuring that our guest have a postitve experience.

Reviewed 31 July 2013

The hotel is a little difficult to find. Well, you can see it off of the main drag..BUT it is difficult to figure out how to get there. It can be frustrating.

The parking is tight if you have to park in the structure. The foyer/reception desk it small and a little tight compared to other residence inn's I've stayed at. The room was ok, and breakfast was decent.

My biggest complaint was the food. I ordered room service, and I think it came from the hotel next store, because they share the service. I'm not sure who owns the restaurant, but I thought the food was bland and uninspiring.

Personally, after staying here I decided to focus on building up my Hilton Rewards and opt to stay at Hilton related hotels in the area.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 July 2013

I cannot say enough good things about the staff at this hotel. The Assistant GM was always able and willing to help us with whatever we needed. The shuttle bus driver was consistently helpful, friendly, and flexible on our multiple trips to and from the Metro subway station. The food service staff ensured that we had a tasty variety of foods for both breakfast and dinner. The front desk staff were also the most helpful and polite folks I have ever seen in a single hotel.

Honestly, I've never seen such a customer-oriented group in my life. At most hotels, the staff seems to be devoted to enforcing the rules, often to the detriment of the guests. I'm accustomed to receiving dumb looks and shoulder shrugs from front desk personnel and watching the complimentary breakfast food run out 20 minutes before shutdown without so much as an expression of regret. At this hotel, the staff is obviously dedicated to always pursue a way to make the guest welcome and comfortable.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback! I appreciate you recognizing the outstanding customer service that the staff provided. Look forward to hosting you again on your next visit to Vienna Va.