“great wedding hotel venue”

Crowne Plaza Tysons Corner
Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Tysons Corner
GreenLeadersGold level
Philadelphia
“great wedding hotel venue”
Reviewed 10 July 2012

The Crowne Plaza Tysons Corner was the venue we used for hosting the many guests for my daughter's recent wedding. The excellent service, many wonderful amenities, great location, and very reasonable price made it the perfect place for this special occasion.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
New York
Reviewed 8 July 2012

and received an amazing deal at the Crowne Plaza for a block of rooms. We asked for adjoining rooms one for our kids, and one for ourselves, which are available at this hotel. Unfortunately, we got up to the rooms and one room was a king, and one was a...king. Our 3 children cannot share a king so the husband went down and after profuse apologies, we were moved to another floor. It was a bummer that we were not in the block of rooms with the rest of the gang and we ended up with non adjoining rooms but were only one room apart. Then the fridge didn't work but again, the employees at Crowne Plaza came through again and replaced the fridge within minutes. It is a very nice hotel, well maintained with soothing colors. The rooms were very nice with a good workspace, radio, 2 telephones, coffee maker, flat screen TV, and nice linens. The bathroom was lovely, with a corner granite topped sink, 2 mirrors, hair dryer, soaps and plenty of thick towels. The front desk staff were also very nice in letting me borrow tape and scissors as I had to wrap a very large present, which I did on a second roll out table in our room. We ate food from O'Malleys which was very good, a little expensive, but worth it. The bartender was very nice and chatty and refilled our waters and soda as we waited for our food. The pool was well maintained and thank goodness, opened all day on the weekend. There are shorter hours during the week. This convenient location made it easy to get around. Close to 495 and 66 and of course, this review would not be complete if I did not mention Tysons Corners shopping. I am not a shopper but if you are, this is the place to be. From Claire's Boutique level in the mall to Gucci and Nieman Marcus in the T2. 7 miles to DC and close to the metro stop(which the hotel shuttle will bring you to, complimentary). All in all, it was a good experience as the staff was willing to do anything to please us. We really appreciate that kind of customer service.

Room Tip: The east side faces the ritzy Tysons Corners mall, the west side faces another building.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Newport News, Virginia
Reviewed 1 July 2012

It seems I do not have the same high regards for this hotel as the other reviewers have. I found the check in people to be competent but not overly friendly. This hotel was a former Holiday Inn, outside of a name change I did not see anything that made it a Crowne Plaza property. The hotel has a great pool for the family and it does not seem to get used much, if you have kids they will love it. The reason I gave this rating only "average" is because I could not get a good nights sleep. The hotel bed is to soft for my taste, I prefer the mattress to be firm, but that is not my biggest complaint. The air condition is to loud, when it reaches the proper temperature it cuts off but when it turns on it is rather loud and it kept waking me up all night, I just could not get a good nights sleep. In the future I will just stay next door at the Marriot Courtyard hotel.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Tysons Corner, responded to this review, 2 August 2012
Dear NNWSLARRY,

Thank you very much for your feedback. We value your comments, as they enable us to further improve our services and to surpass the very high standards our guests expect. I am glad to hear you liked our pool and would recommend it for families. We always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We deeply apologize for the inconvenience you have experienced with the bed and the loud air conditioner. We will review for possible modifications so to better accommodate our guest in the future.

We hope to have another chance of hosting you should your travels bring you back to McLean.

Zelyn N.
Case Manager
IHG Care
Marlyland
Reviewed 27 June 2012

Stayed at this hotel for a short romantic weekend away from our 3 kids. The hotel is located in the perfect location. Rooms were clean & nicely decorated. Staff was exceptional. Room svc was tasty and reasonable. Can't wait to return!!!

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank Schine
Perth Amboy, New Jersey
Reviewed 24 June 2012

Your Hotel and staff are the BEST. I have NEVER been to place where the workers are no nice and willing to help. Me and my fiance felt like ROYALTY and just wanted to say THANK YOU SO MUCH! Please thank Mina Ianni (sp), Cofield, and Abraham in particular.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank SkylynH
Washington
Reviewed 19 June 2012

I have been to many hotels, and the staff here are second to none!! The reception staff in particular stood out. They were friendly, chatty, informative yet still professional. One of them even offered to take me to a place I needed to get to!!
I really was impressed!!!!

Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Karen J
, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Tysons Corner, responded to this review, 22 June 2012
Dear Karen J,

Thank you so much for your kind words and I'm so glad the Front Desk team made such a lasting impression during your visit at the Crowne Tysons. We strive to create the "WOW" factor and it's nice to see that our guests appreciate our hard work. Hope to see you again soon~

Soo Kim
Crowne Plaza Tysons Corner Guest Services Sales Manage
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed 14 June 2012

I come to Washington, DC a lot for business but I love to stay here because of the great location, cleanliness of the hotel, decor, courtyard and accommodating front desk personnel specially Ms. Jospheen Kerolus!

Room Tip: Pick a room with an odd number at highest floor you will like it!
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business