“Clean and friendly!”

GreenLeadersGold level
Monterey, California
“Clean and friendly!”
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Everything was great. I'm from Baltimore area and had to stay in DC for one night. Overall, all employees are very welcoming and helpful. The hotel room was extremely clean.
I would stay there again if needed. Price is right and is convenient.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
6 Thank odavidov

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
Frisco, Texas
Reviewed 20 June 2014

I stayed 1 week at the Crowne Plaza Tyson's Corner. The hotel is a bit older, but not "old". The room was clean and bed and shower were clean and good. O'Malley's is the Irish Bar in the hotel. It was full every night we visited. The staff was excellent both in the bar and hotel. It is very conveniently located near shopping at Tyson's Corner and lots of top notch restaurants and bars. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank FriscoResident1997
Fayetteville, North Carolina
Reviewed 20 June 2014

I've stayed in many hotels in the DC area and most other hotels paled in comparison. This hotel went above and beyond to ensure my stay was nothing short of perfect. The staff at the hotel was consistently professional and was always eager to assist in any way they could. The outside patio area was beautiful and was a great way to relax during the day. The pub located in the hotel had great food and welcoming staff that kept me coming back for more. I can honestly say I will always stay at Crowne Plaza during my trips to Tysons Corner.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Andrew L
Reviewed 19 June 2014

My fiancee and I stayed at this hotel before he went to Marine Corps Officer Candidate School. We were very relaxed and loved our stay at the Crowne Plaza. This staff was extremely welcoming and gave us everything we asked for. We loved our room and especially enjoyed the outside area and banquet rooms. Both the pub and hotel restaurant had good food and service. Overall, we will ALWAYS stay at the Crowne Plaza whenever we return to Tysons Corner.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Linh N
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Very comfortable stay with excellent service - quick and friendly and professional.And the most reliable internet connection I've had at a hotel in Va. The hotel was close to both malls , very accessible location, lots of shops and restaurants around. Best breakfast value at any Tyson's hotel ,kudos to the entire Hotel Management team for such a well run yet very friendly team of employees who actually show care and concern for their guests. Amber, Qaisar and their Manager Berat were very friendly , we had free champagne service at the check in time, we 'd stay here again during another trip to Va.

Room Tip: Nice at the price, free coffee in the mornings.
Green Features: Nice and clean lobby, nice patio, very friendly employees, ask for higher floor rooms with the fridge.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Heather J
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 10 June 2014

This place is awesome!!!!!! I work at a hotel as well and just meeting the front desk manager late at night ( Berat ) just made me brighten up and energized! Where do you find a person who thinks like yourself? Then you have the way the hotel is designed! Rooms and hallways it's amazing! Lighting is not too bright. I can't say more cause it would only be compliments I have and I can go on and on and on! Love this place! I'm coming back soon guys!!! :) Thanks for everything!

Room Tip: free parking !
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank William L
Waldorf, Maryland
Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

Last year We stayed at a crowne plaza in Pennsylvania and had an awful stay, so we were given points to use on a future stay. Fast forward to this year we decided to buy tickets to the food and wine festival in Tyson's and a crowne plaza is directly across the street.

Perfect situation! I decided to use the points and booked us a stay. Booking online was very easy! I was impressed.

We had stayed at this location about 7 years ago on New Year's Eve and it was really nice.

Not so much this time. The front desk person was very nice. He said that they were giving us a nice/upgraded room but that was not the case. We got to the room and we were above the restaurant but it was the same room we had booked.

The room was very small and really was nothing special at all. I will say that crowne plaza always provides good toiletries.

The toilet seat was missing a cover piece and the grout was exposed and our headboard was stained. We stayed in room 920 I think.

Well it wasn't terrible if you need a quick decent stay and bed is comfy but in the future I will definitely choose a different brand. Definitely a solid 3 star but I'm picky and are really concerned from details.

• Stayed May 2014
2 Thank Bellasmom2013
CPTysonsCorner, Manager at Crowne Plaza Tysons Corner, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Dear “Bellasmom2013”;

I was sorry to read that your most recent stay with us was not what you expected, especially since you stayed with us about 7 years ago. Our Chief Engineer and Executive Housekeeper will review with their teams the need to inspect rooms more thoroughly for all the details, so that our guests receive great service and a great product. Thank you for the positive comments regarding the bed and the Crowne Plaza toiletries and I hope you enjoyed the Taste of Tysons. We look forward to another opportunity in the future.

Sean A. Nunan