“Don't stay here!”

Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Tysons Corner
Baltimore, Maryland
“Don't stay here!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

As a Hilton Diamond member I stay over 100 nights a year in Hilton properties. This property has the worst customer service of any hotel I have stayed. I tore a hamstring muscle and was in the hospital, cancelled my room 5 min late and they still charged me. The front desk manager ignored my phone calls for days and I am supposed to be one of Hilton's preferred guests. I am usually a big fan of Hilton, but stay away from this property. They are unresponsive and not customer service friendly. I would recommended the embassy suites down the street.....same price, better service and better rooms.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Hartz7777
yohannes M, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tysons Corner, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
I apologize for the inconvenience you had when you are trying to get refund for your cancelation charge. According to our previous conversation, I explain to you why we charge .The lady who is handling your reservation agreed to pay for the cancelation fee. The next day you call and told me that you tore your hamstring muscle and you mentioned that the lady who calls is a part of your travel agency and doesn’t represent you, after that conversation I agree to refund your cancelation fee and I did. Thank you again for your feedback even though you are not staying with us .I hope you will consider staying with us for your next visit and you will be able to see our service.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
  • Arabic first
Virginia Beach, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

The hotel was very clean and conveniently located near Metro to DC. Front Desk staff was very friendly and helpful with directions to closest Metro station. I would definitely stay here again next time we visit the DC area.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

Cincinnati, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

If staying in McLean/Tyson's Corner you won't find a higher quality or better value than the HGI on Boone Blvd. It is close to all the area amenities and their shuttle is very accommodating to get you where you need to go. The rooms are fully updated, clean and the on-site parking is secure and safe. I travel to this area monthly and will always choose this hotel!

Atlanta, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

Everything I needed for my business trip was available and in good order. If I intented to stay longer, more nearby places of interest would be good. Room service was very good; very timely delivery and the food was very good.

Bristol, Rhode Island
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2014

The hotel overall would have been fine but we had a large work group and the hotel could not accommodate the group well. One night we had dinner at the hotel restaurant and it took hours to eat and was an absolute disaster. People kept leaving before ever getting their food.

2 Thank Stephanie S
yohannes M, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tysons Corner, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience during your recent stay with us. We are sorry to hear about your experience and apologize for the restaurant server speed and efficiency. We will address the issue with the appropriate departments in order to prevent this from happening in the future. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to your next visit.
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

Every experience I have had at a Hilton Hotel has been perfect, and this was no exception. Check in was easy. Asked for a recomendation for dinner and was given a great choice. The room was quiet. The beds were comfortable. Plenty os stations available on the TV. Perfect.

Room Tip: If you choose the parking garage it costs $5 a day. When I checked in I was told I could park on the...