“Old and Poor Service”

Ranked #11 of 14 Hotels in Tysons Corner
angel1810
“Old and Poor Service”
Reviewed 10 January 2014

I stayed for 3 nights on a business trip (1/6/2014-1/9/2014) . The room was old but clean. Didn't expect much and was generally okay with the place.

The sheets were clean but a bit on the stiff side. Scratched a little so wear long sleeve shirts and long pants.

My big issue with this place was their heating/cooling unit went crazy the last night of my stay. I set the unit to heat at 75 degrees but woke up multiple times to a freezing room because somehow the unit would automatically switched the setting to cooling at 65 degrees. Mind you that this is happening during the Polar Vortex when the temperature outside was below freezing.

Of course my biggest problem was when I came home late one night to find that my door was not fully locked. I just push the door without inserting my key and it opened. Called to complain they they said they will let the maid know to make sure they do a better job of closing the door after cleaning.

I also found that service was lacking. Room wasn't cleaned properly. On my second night, I came home to find that my takeout containers from last night's dinner was still in the trash can.

And lastly, I left my Iphone charger on the night stand when I checked out. Called the same day but housekeeping left so they couldn't do anything. Called the next morning and was informed they didn't find anything in my room. So what happened to it? I know most places will get you back the items you left since my husband has done it a few times and has always gotten his item shipped back to him.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank angelzzzz1

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Falls Church, Virginia
Reviewed 6 January 2014

We stayed at this Comfort Inn because our house lost electricity in an ice storm. They worked with us and gave us such flexibility. They offered to let us cancel at any time if our house's electricity came on (even after the 6p.m. cancel time the night we were supposed to check in) and also let us stay WELL past check-out time without charging us an extra day. We finally checked out around 4:45 p.m. and they didn't charge any extra, but would have let us stay another night if we needed. They were so pleasant about it, too. The location is GREAT, the breakfast was a lot more than it seems on the internet. We had the suite which was well set up. The décor is a little dated, but clean and cozy. What a great experience...THANK YOU!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Anne H
Clearwater, Florida
Reviewed 19 December 2013

I am on tour with a large group of cast and crew. This can definitely be a nightmare for hotels because most of the cast does not speak English, and we all need different check out times and often strange accommodations. This hotel, didn't bat an eye when I asked for certain rooms to have a late check out. It was the easiest late check-out request I've made so far since we've been on the road.
Their staff was very friendly and helpful. The shuttle happily brought us to the mall and other nearby shopping, and was able to pick us up at any time we requested.
Overall, this Comfort Inn has been the nicest and most accommodating of all the hotels that we have stopped at on our (so far) 5 week tour.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Emily T
Norfolk, Virginia
Reviewed 17 December 2013

We have stayed at this motel many times in the last 3 years. I made a 3 room reservation for myself and my family in August and in December. Both times they have been so accommodating with the placement of rooms. We have a favorite room that we like and the kids (adults) like to stay in side by side rooms. This last time we left my husband's expensive apnea pillow and when we called the next day the pillow had been turned in by the housekeeping staff. We asked if they would hold it for a family member to pick up. When my brother arrived to get it, the pillow had been kept clean and very nicely placed in a recycled shipping box, which my brother used to send it to us. To those who have not had a good experience at this Inn, I can only say "people respond to what they receive". I always enter with a smile on my face and a happy greeting and that begins my very welcome stay at comfort Inn, Tysons Corner

Room Tip: Our favorite rooms are next to the pool especially in summer.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Touristinitaly
Havertown, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed 23 October 2013

this hotel has a great courtyard which is very relaxing after work and has been a great place to stay over the last 4 years while conducting business in the area. Valerie Love and Sonya are two of my favorite employees along with Michelle and Elijah

Room Tip: I like the courtyard facing rooms either 1st, 2nd, or 3rd floors.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Vail, Colorado
Reviewed 19 October 2013

I booked a tour with L&L tours from New York and had this 2-day tour with them. During the night of the tour, we were booked at this hotel and I find the rooms clean and decent. I was with my friends and we were 4 in a twin double bed room and i find the space quite a bit insufficient. Well, if the 4 of you have a big luggage, then you're gonna lack space to fix and organize your things.

The room has a TV, microwave, mini fridge, coffee maker, they have tea and coffee... typical hotel amenity. They also have wi-fi and has decent speed as well. Air-conditioning is cool and there is also heater.

The bed was comfortable and clean and found no stains. My only concern is that i found 2 black bugs on the floor crawling though I don't think it's harmful. I think it's because the room was located beside of a garden and it might have crawled in from the door.

The location is great! it's near the train station, Best Buy, TJ maxx, and some car showrooms like Nissan, Range Rover and Mazda. But that's not why it's great. The place is very quiet and peaceful. You won't be afraid when walking outside at night.

Overall, this place is great for a decent price.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Connecticut
Reviewed 15 October 2013 via mobile

Located in the land of over $200/nt hotels lies this cozy motel. They offer clean serviceable rooms at a decent price. Rooms are mpt the biggest but they are clean

Also you get breakfast with your room

They offer drive up convenience and have elevators to get upstairs if you need

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Residence Inn Tysons Corner Mall
#10 of 14 in Tysons Corner
Vienna Wolf Trap Hotel
Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Tysons Corner

Been to Quality Inn Tysons Corner? Share your experiences!