“Great Service, Wish I was on a Higher Floor”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Tysons Corner
Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Tysons Corner
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Embassy Suites never disappoints!!!
I checked in kind of early and was told they were sold out the night before so I had to wait a while. The lovely girl at front desk took my luggage and stored it and I went out for a while (Tyson's I and Tyson's II are right down the road.) The staff is very friendly and professional which I always enjoy as a traveler.
I was ready to return after a little while and called the hotel for a shuttle back. (Getting a local cab out that way, seemed like a bit of a chore.) The shuttle is first come first served so I got it first and he arrived promptly to pick me up from the mall. I tipped :)

I was able to check in when I returned and was given a room right by the pool, it was pretty noisy, but there was nothing I could do being by a pool full of kids.
The room was great all in all except for the wet spot on the floor, I wasn't sure what that was about but I was only there for a day so no worries. It has a microwave and a fridge and a living room, so you feel as though you are in an apartment more so than a hotel. There are two TVs an office area and a little walkway to your room and bathroom.

Dinners are okay and breakfast was nice but I prefer to eat out and get food from grubhub.
At night, it's the most comfortable sleep you will ever have and I really enjoyed it.

Great hotel and must stay!

Room Tip: Avoid rooms around the pool, and first floor rooms. If you check in early, you can go to the mall an...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Emma S, Guest Relations Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Tysons Corner, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.
I apologize we were not able to accommodate your early check in but I am pleased our front desk team were able to store your luggage.

I am pleased you found our shuttle convenient for getting around.

We hope to welcome you back to our hotel very soon and next time please ask for a quiet room to ensure that you have a slightly more restful stay.

We look forward to seeing you again soon,

There are newer reviews for Embassy Suites by Hilton Tysons Corner

Reviewed 9 June 2014

The staff here are great. The only time you see them is when you need them. Otherwise they stay out of the way. When you do need them get the stopwatch on your phone ready. You will be happily surprised. Bar none the BEST breakfast in the hotel industry.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jim M
Reviewed 7 June 2014

My husband and I stayed here, while visiting family, and we were very satisfied with the room, the included breakfast buffet, the evening reception and the pool/spa. The free shuttle service to Tysons Corner Mall was much appreciated, as well. The staff in the lobby were very pleasant and helpful.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Kathryn A
Emma S, Guest Relations Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Tysons Corner, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Dear Kathryn,

Thanks so much for staying with us in Tysons Corner!
I am so pleased you enjoyed all the amenities and facilities that we offer here.
We are happy that you received excellent service from our front desk team,

We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Tysons Corner!

Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

We did a disappearing act. We needed to get away the holiday weekend. I waited the last minute to get reservations. All hotels that weekend were booked. I went on line came across this one tried to book it was the last room. We took it and ran. It was just my husband and I. The staff was very friendly. Also they were very helpful. We had. Jose. He was good at customer service. We had enjoyed the quick get away we stayed an additional night. It was pleasant experience. The was a little noise in the center but what can you expect gnus is a family hotel with children. We stay in embassy suite during a family reunion so I was not surprise. breakfast egg omelet superb. I enjoyed an omelet to my order each morning . The location great near mall and McCormick
seafood. We thank you all for great weekend get away.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Coolbreeze_1999

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the great review of our hotel!

I am so glad you choose us for your disappearing act! Thank you for the kind words about our staff as we pride ourselves in providing exceptional customer service for our guests.

We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again very soon.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

Good rate for a suite in that area. Included breakfast offered several good choices including fresh cooked eggs. Staff was very friendly and knowledgeable. Shuttle van is very convenient. Access from Dulles is very quick and very simple. Located close to several restaurants and the Tysons Corner malls.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 June 2014

When we travel, our family tries to stick with Homewood Suites and other Hilton Brands that have the bedroom separate from the living area. Upon calling a Homewood suites in the area, they told me to call the Hilton Honors line in order to use my points for a reservation. After talking with the Honors rep on the phone, she told me I did not have enough points to use at the Homewood suites. She did tell me I had enough for a stay at the Embassy suites and they did have separated suites that we like. We were able to get an executive suite on the top floor.

Upon arrival, we were greeted as Hilton Honors members and received some of the best customer service in any Hilton Brand Hotel (we stayed at the Tysons Hilton in March and your service was better than theirs!)

We were told that parking was $7 a night and that there was a charge for the internet. We were pleasantly surprised when the hotel bumped us up to diamond level (we are only blue level honors members) for the stay. We were not charged at all for either the parking or the internet.

We also came in too late for the free drinks at the manager's reception but we found a complimentary bottle of wine placed in our room!!! Thank you!! The kids also enjoyed the 2 candy bars placed in the room!!

The breakfast was very good!!! Make sure that you get to breakfast before 9am. We managed to get there before 9 the first morning. As we were ready to leave the area, it got very busy!! We did not make the 9am threshold the second morning. When we arrived around 10am, we found it hard to find a place to sit and very busy! The signs they place telling you when to come to breakfast are correct, abide by them!!

The only odd thing about the trip was that we had to check back in on the second day. For some reason (with no fault to the hotel), Hilton Honors reserved our room as two separate reservations instead of one reservation for 2 days.

This location is going to be even better when the Silver line Metro Station opens!!

Thanks Embassy Suites for a great stay!!!

Room Tip: Get to Breakfast as early in the morning as possible.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Emma S, Guest Relations Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Tysons Corner, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience about your recent stay at our hotel and we thank you for your continued loyalty as a HHonors member.
We pride ourselves on great Guest service, and we are very pleased that you found our staff to be courteous. I am glad we were able to upgrade you to a diamond level, We always do our best to provide little amenities to show our guests how much we care so I am glad to hear you enjoyed the wine and candy.
We apologize for any inconvenience caused by the Hilton Honors booking agent, I am glad we were able to correct it.

Thank you for your review, and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Reviewed 31 May 2014

Have stayed here twice and with the new Metro to open soon this hotel will be even better for Washington area stays. The pool and fitness area are wonderful and kid friendly. The breakfast like all Embassy suites is a great value and worth the extra hotel cost. Staff is usually very friendly and attentive. The omelet guy has been there for years and knows how to get it done.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thanks so much for staying with us in Tysons Corner! We are happy to hear that you enjoyed using our facilities during your stay.

We also cannot wait for the new metro to open as it will certainly make our location even more prominent. I am glad you received excellent service from our staff and our breakfast exceeded your expectations, its great to hear such wonderful feedback and it is most appreciated!

We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Tysons Corner!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Tysons Corner
Tysons Corner Marriott
Tysons Corner Marriott
#6 of 14 in Tysons Corner
Hilton McLean Tysons Corner

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Tysons Corner? Share your experiences!