“Great business hotel”

GreenLeadersGold level
Olen, Belgium
“Great business hotel”
Reviewed 27 July 2012

I've only stayed here once to date, but no complaints - check in went very smooth, nice spatious room, good bed. A good breakfast buffet - plenty of choice and you pass a "bistro" area where you can easily have a coffee and early meeting before leaving the hotel.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Toledo, Ohio
Reviewed 13 July 2012

My friends and I stayed at this hotel because we were in the area for a friend's wedding. Not being from the DC area, we had a rental car we had rented to have a way to and from the wedding activities. Little did we know, almost everything was in the Tyson's Corner area. The hotel shuttle took us any where we needed to go (within 3 miles) at any time. It was so convenient!
Also, being in town for a wedding, my friends and I were reunited with other friends who we haven't seen in years. We found out they were also staying at the Courtyard by Marriott Tyson's Corner. We wanted to share a room so it would be less cost to every one staying at the hotel. When we asked the staff working at the front desk if it would be possible to cancel one room and move into a room with 2 beds, they were more than happy to help us with that. They cancelled the other room and assisted us with moving rooms. They even gave us a room with a balcony so the smokers wouldn't have to continue to walk downstairs to have a cigarette.
The staff was always willing to provide us with information about the city, attractions, and directions to places we need to go. I was blown away by the staff's kindness and willingness to go above and beyond for us as guests. If I'm ever in the area again, I will definitely be staying at this hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 9 July 2012

I have stayed at this hotel a few times for the above purpose because of the complimentary shuttle to Tysons corner mall, the galleria and the metro. Parking is also free. Staff have been pleasant and very helpful. The shuttle drivers have been friendly, shuttle service stops at 11pm.

I would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed 9 July 2012

While the location is great -- located next to the big malls in Tyson's Corner -- the staff could use some work on not just displaying sympathy to concerns, but actually following through. My room needed a better cleaning; the front desk promised help was on the way. Not only were the initial concerns not addressed, but housekeeping failed to come by the next day. The front desk was also asked to speak the leaders of a ROTC youth group about their noise levels at the crack of dawn. Action was promised, but when the same desk clerk was approached the next day, no indications were given that the employee remembered the conversation from the day before, much less that anything had been done to ameliorate the situation. In short, the front desk needs to do more than sympathetically nod at concerns then not doing anything.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Tysons Corner Fairfax, responded to this review, 16 July 2012
Hell C F,

First and foremost, I would like to thank you for staying with us. I appreciate your feedback regarding your stay and I would like to address these issues. It is disappointing that your stay was not satisfactory.

You had mentioned your room not being properly clean upon check-in. In addition, the mater was not rectified by either our front desk or housekeeping teams. Another item of concern was the noise level of a group which we had. I am truly sorry for the poor experience you had with us and I can assure you that these matters have been properly addressed with our teams and we will continue to reinforce proper service training.

I would like to further discuss your concerns. Please contact me at 703-790-0207 at your convenience and I would be happy to resolve this matter with you. Again, please accept our apologies and I look forward to speaking with you.

Guest Services Manager
Shenandoah, Virginia
Reviewed 19 June 2012

I used to love this hotel. There was a certain charm about it. There was an energy at the front desk that made you feel valued. It is all gone. There is no passion at the front desk anymore. I think guest service has gone to wayside here. Even when I use my points I feel like I am wasting them because I am a big service guy. I try to check in late at night. There is a guy named Bryce there who is awesome.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Tysons Corner Fairfax, responded to this review, 22 June 2012
Greetings!

First and foremost, I would like express my sincere appreciation for your feedback regarding our hotel and service. Guest experiences are very important to us and we take every comment and suggestion very seriously.
I have shared your feedback with our team and I can assure you that we will take every step to improve the overall service of our front desk. I would like to speak with you personally to get more feedback from you and see how we can rectify your experience. I can be reached at your convenience at 703-790-0207.
Again, we appreciate your comments and look forward to speaking with you.

Guest Service Manager
Cincinnati
Reviewed 18 June 2012

Rooms are new but a bit smaller than average. Staff is courteous, polite and goes the extra distance to assist. Plenty of restaurants a short walk or complimentary shuttle ride away.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed 18 June 2012 via mobile

Well it says this hotel is a three star while they are lower than 2 stars
No one will help you with your luggages, the AC at the lobby is very cold and among the corridors are very warm. The swimming pool as if you connect 2 Jacuzzi together ( very small) the gym few machine in a dull room let you lose some cols and then spend a lot of many in drink to recover from room sadness. The people working at the reception very rod except one or 2. Above all that the price is expensive competing to the quality and the service you got. Same price you can have better service and quality such as sheraton primer and embassy suit or crown plaza in Tyson area. I really appeal to marriot to re Evaluate the management and the hotel.

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank Nowaiser
Greetings!

First and foremost, I would like to thank you for staying with us during your trip to the Washington DC Area. Your comments and feedback are most certainly appreciated and will be addressed.

I am disappointed that you experienced an unsatisfactory stay with us and I can assure you that our team has taken the necessary steps to address the issues you mentioned. I would like to personally speak with you regarding your stay so that we can rectify your experience. I can be reached at the hotel via phone at 703-790-0207.

Again, we appreciate your comments and look forward to speaking with you.

Guest Service Manager Courtyard by Marriott Tysons Corner