“City quality, without the cost”

Sheraton Tysons Hotel
Ranked #9 of 14 Hotels in Tysons Corner
Reviewed 22 May 2012

This hotel is beautiful! Everything about it feels expensive. It was a great deal for being just outside of DC. The beds are extremely comfortable, there are starbucks coffee packets in the rooms, and the place is VERY clean! Free parking on site!
The front desk service was very helpful with all of our questions, and how to best get around the area.
If you want to visit the DC Metro area, this is a great, cheeper alternative to staying inside the city. It is about a $10-$15 cab ride to the orange line metro station, which takes you right into the heart (Capitol Building, White House, Lincoln Memorial, etc.)
The worst part about this stay was the traffice. Yes, traffic in the area is always terrible, but they are working on the road RIGHT outside, and it makes getting there and paying for a cab a little tedious. The only other complaint is that the walls are a little thin. There was a wedding party the night we stayed and having loud guests in the hall at 3am is a little frustrating.
Overall, I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
FrankKuhns, Director of Sales at Sheraton Tysons Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2012

Dear travelinbug02,

We appreciate you sharing your experience with us regarding your stay at the Sheraton Premiere. Thank you for your kind words! The Sheraton Premiere team looks forward to welcoming you back again soon.

There are newer reviews for Sheraton Tysons Hotel

Reviewed 21 May 2012

We have stayed at this hotel several times, both on business and pleasure. It is beautiful, but more importantly, the service has been outstanding. The special stars of the hotel who will continue to gain our support are Claire Piao and Maartje Peeters. Their customer relations have won us over so much that we will always request with our business conventions to stay at the Sheraton Premiere Tysons Corner. Housekeeping was also wonderful, greeting us with smiles every morning. The gentleman in security (we cannot remember his name) was also very helpful to us. This hotel truly made our latest trip a memorable and wonderful one.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 6th floor and it was very quiet and convenient.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business

Dear Marlene P,

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to share with us your experience. Our team is very estatic to hear about your wonderful stay! Claire, Maartje, and the rest of the Sheraton Team is looking forward to providing a warm welcome again sometime soon!

Reviewed 19 May 2012

Located just a few minutes from the Dulles Airport, this is a good hotel for that business man who cares about nothing else but business! Excellent service, good rooms (if you have a very top view) and not much to see around. I stayed here for only one night, and so I may be a little simplistic. But its a good stop. Problem is that getting to Dulles still takes you on a 20 minute winding route, despite the hotel being within visible distance of the airport-blame the road planners!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business

Dear Paulnairobi,

We are very pleased to hear your enjoyed your stay with us at the Sheraton Premiere! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 5 May 2012

I stayed with 5 other woman on a 5 day shopping trip to Washinton. This hotel was well located, clean and had great comfy beds. More positives..... Shuttle service to nearby mall useful, gym was well equipped, reception staff helpful. Some negatives, poorly cleaned room and bathroom on a couple of days, wifi in room chargeable, in this day and age it should be free. Breakfast really costly and service is slow. However, because of this we were given a complimentary breakfast.. Lastly outside the front of the hotel was an area where the smokers went...it's a shame there weren't any receptacles for the butts which collected on the ground.

There is a Starbucks, but it closed early. There is also an indoor and outdoor pool... Only a cold shower available. It was close to 85 degrees on a couple of days...there was no outdoor area i was allowed to use, for me to sit and enjoy the sunshine. (outdoor pool was closed)

Room Tip: Go high... Building site right next door and pretty noisy!
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
FrankKuhns, Director of Sales at Sheraton Tysons Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2012

Dear casinoroyale, Thank you for sharing with us your experience during your stay at the Sheraton Premiere. We appreciate the positive response about our services. We are competitively priced in the market for Internet access in the guestrooms, but hope you were able to take advantage of the free wireless Internet at the Link@Sheraton station located in our Lobby next to Brix and Ale. We apologize for the negatives you experience and are working with the appropriate departments to ensure we exceed expectations in the future. We hope to welcome you back again soon and thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.

Reviewed 5 May 2012

I just stayed at the Sheraton Premiere for the first time since it's been renovated. And, it was due for a renovations. I'm not sure, however, I like everything they've done.

The best part of the renovations are the gym and pool area. The gym is one of the best I've seen in a Sheraton, with a view of the outside pool. If that was there before the renovation, I never noticed it. The outdoor pool was still covered, but it looks like a nice setting, one that would be good for families. The gym itself had free weights, and a variety of machines. The cardio machines have televisions that allow access to REAL channels. Nothing is worse than not being able to watch the local news/weather in the AM because the gym only gets satellite channels.

As for the rest of the hotel- there's still a lot of brass around- the railing on the stairs to the pool, the elevator doors, the handles on each guest hotel door. These make the place still somewhat dated. I'm not sure I like the new Brix, the lobby bar/restaurant. It's very open and has a cold feeling about it. I'd like something a little more warm and cozy.

The rooms definitely an improvement, but I wonder how long that will last as there is dark wallpaper on the walls. In my room, one of the walls already had a scrape. These types of walls are difficult to maintain. I will also agree with other reviewers that the lighting in the bathroom seems inadequate. It's got a weird color to it and applying makeup in that setting seems like a bad idea.

I was attending a conference there, and those rooms look the same. I will say that the food was very good during the conference.

To sum up, the renovations are an improvement, but I think they could have done a little more if they wanted to make the place sparkle.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business

Hello LetsGo322, We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us at the Sheraton Premiere and thank you for taking the time to share! We are very proud of Sheraton Fitness programmed by Core® Performance and are glad to hear the improvements were worth it. We have initiated Phase 2 in our renovations and enhancing the lighting in the bathrooms will be adjusted. Thank you again for sharing your experience and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Sheraton Premiere soon.

Reviewed 27 April 2012

I recently visited the Sheraton Premiere on a combined business/personal trip. Every aspect of my stay was exceptional. The hotel is beautiful, my room was lovely. The fitness center is far above any I've recently experienced in a suburban hotel. Every staff person I had contact with was professional, friendly and helpful. An excellent experience.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Jan M

Hello Jan M, we appreciate you taking a moment to let us know about your positive experience with us at the Sheraton Premiere. We are pleased that you enjoyed our new Fitness Center programmed by Core® Performance. We cannot wait to welcome you back again sometime soon!

Reviewed 26 April 2012

I have been staying at this hotel every week for the past 7 months. During that time, the hotel went through a significant renovation. Although the renovation caused some minor inconveniences, the staff and customer service made up for it during that time as they were always very understanding and willing to accommodate requests as best they could. I even needed to overnight a birthday card to my mom one day, and they offered to drive me to FedEx (I didnt have a car) and they waited for me to ship the card and bring me back. I was extremely appreciative.

The new renovation has brought about numerous improvements. The new gym is great with lots of new machines and free weights to use. The new club lounge has much better seating and multiple TVs, and the new bar downstairs offers more seating and a nice place to relax. There are still improvements being made (the hotel staff is great with receiving and addressing customer insight), but the hotel has drastically improved and continues to head in a good direction. It is a great place to stay and I would recommend it.

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank CEBoston

We appreciate you taking the time to post such positive comments - It's always great to hear that our guests enjoy themselves during their travels. As we have undergone an extensive renovation, we are glad to see that our efforts were worth it. Thank you for your review, and we look forward to welcoming you back again!