“Kudos to the Excellent Staff at the Sheraton Premiere”

Sheraton Tysons Hotel
Ranked #8 of 14 Hotels in Tysons Corner
Manhattan Beach, California
“Kudos to the Excellent Staff at the Sheraton Premiere”
Reviewed 26 March 2014

To Whom it May Concern,

This email is to offer my sincere appreciation for the Sheraton Premiere DC staff. I have been visiting this hotel for the past ten years and no matter where my work location is or how far I need to drive in the surrounding area I always find my home at the end of the day at the Sheraton on route 7. I refer to the bar staff as my sisters as I have come to know them personally and have shared family stories as our children's lives have progressed throughout the years. Aster, Senait and Rigat always make me feel very important and welcome me with open arms and a special greeting. After a long day of travel from California to DC the highlight of my trip is seeing them and their warm smiles. They have always been gracious, caring and very professional.

The bar area is run very efficiently and the managers Jason and Leo make each guest feel safe and right at home. From the time I check in to the next morning wake up call from Max I can't think of a better experience than my stay here with this staff. While travel takes me away from my home that I miss - it is always made better by coming here at the end of each day. Please don't change a thing as this Sheraton is exceptional and special because of these very extraordinary and exceptional people.

Regards, Marla Likins

VP, Program Control, Leidos

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Mike C, General Manager at Sheraton Tysons Hotel, responded to this review, 28 March 2014
Dear Marla L,
We too are happy that you are a loyal Guest of the Sheraton Premiere at Tysons Corner and that you always choose us while you are in the Tysons / McLean area! Thank you for taking the time to write such a glowing review of your stay. We are thrilled that you have had a wonderful experience with us from great service to the wonderful interaction with the staff. Aster, Senait, Regat and Max feel the same way about you and will be delighted to have the opportunity to welcome you back for another visit. Thank you again and I look forward to see you soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Kitchener, Canada
Reviewed 26 March 2014

I recently attended a workshop in the hotel and my experience was 'above and beyond' what I expected. Having access to the Sheraton Club services was especially convenient. And Sid, the 'host' there each morning elevated that experience to 'exceptional'. His warm greeting to all, his pride in providing great service, and his attention to detail around cleanliness, food presentation, and the general atmosphere made starting my day there a highlight. As well, his thoughtfulness in offering information and ideas for some time I planned in DC, including providing me a hotel brochure on the shuttle service, and even printing out a map locating a particular Gallery I wanted to see, made my stay definitely a most memorable and 'premier' experience!

The hotel itself is also lovely, with spacious rooms. most comfortable pillows, and great staff in other capacities too - like Vicky, whose personalized service at the front desk made me feel like she was actually connecting with me, and not just doing a required task.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Mike C, General Manager at Sheraton Tysons Hotel, responded to this review, 27 March 2014
Dear Marilyn O,
Thank you for the five stars! We are delighted you enjoyed your stay and had great experience! Both Sid and Vicky will be very encouraged by your remarks. The club level certainly has its own exclusivity and we appreciate your description of the club level amenities to other future guests and TripAdvisor’s readers. We are also thankful that we will have the privilege of welcoming you back for another visit.
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 23 March 2014

I would like to call this hotel my second home. I travel to DC three times a year and each time I stay here. After having a horrible experience at another hotel, it was refreshing to come back to this one. The staff is very attentive and they treat you like as you are number one. I would like to say that the one thing that I always look forward to is seeing the staff in the lounge area. Their lounge is absolutely wonderful. The layout is very welcoming and stylish. The staff is the best that I have ever had the pleasure of meeting. They work well together and always have a smile on their face. I love it when they come by to check on me and sometimes stay a little longer just to chat. The manager "Leo" is not only a wonderful manager but a very caring individual. He obviously takes great pride in his job and his staff. The hotel in whole is wonderful. The only thing that disappoints me is the fact that the hotel pool is not available at all hours during the day. But, that will never deter me from to continuing to stay at their hotel each and every time that I visit the area.

Room Tip: All the rooms are wonderful.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank sdkfour
Dear sdkfour,
Your review has certainly made us smile! It’s always wonderful to hear how a guest appreciates the attentive service our staff provides and your thoughtful acknowledgement of Leo is truly appreciated. We hope that during your next stay with us that you will have the opportunity to indulge in a meal at Brix and Ale restaurant as we have just introduced a new menu this week. It would be our pleasure to welcome you back very soon to The Sheraton Premiere at Tysons Corner. Thank you for your review.
Nags Head, NC
Reviewed 19 March 2014

The Sheraton Premiere is a decidedly upscale hotel on the west end of Tyson's Corner. It is a favorite destination for large meetings and therefore you will find it crowded at times. For Tyson's, where parking is a premium, the fact that the hotel has plenty is a real bonus.

It is a great location for business travelers especially if you'll be visiting a variety of area offices. It is on Route 7 just off of the Dulles Toll Road, so you have fairly easy access to areas ranging from Herndon/Reston to Tyson's and McLean. be aware, however, that no matter where you go from this hotel you'll have to deal with the worst of the Leesburg Pike traffic, since construction for the new Metro is ongoing.

Room Tip: Rooms not facing Route 7 are quieter.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Mike C, General Manager at Sheraton Tysons Hotel, responded to this review, 20 March 2014
Dear haroldg48,
Thank you for staying with us and recognizing our comfortable and spacious guestrooms and our meeting rooms. We appreciate your precious time taken to do this review and mentioning our great location that is walking distance to shopping, dining and easy access to the airport as well as Washington DC area. We certainly hope to see you back soon.
Roanoke, Virginia
Reviewed 16 February 2014

Travelers beware the "Automatic Hidden Fees" !!! Fees that you are not informed of when making reservations, nor when checking in and als not reflected on your payment receipt.
I stayed at the Tysons Corner Sheraton for 5 nights during the 1st week of February.
My room charge was $189.00 per night, plus $11.34 Tax and $11.34 "Tourism Fee" for a total of $211.68. My receipt at check out showed $1058.40 which made sense. Later when reconciling my credit card statement I find that the Sheraton had processed a charge for $1,228.50.

When I inquired as to the nature of the overage I was told that it was an "Automatic Charge" to cover any incidentals during my stay and that it would be credited back to my card once their review was complete and that some banks took longer than others.

If this is a normal Sheraton "Best Business Practice" it does not create a favorable opinion.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Dennis B
Mike C, General Manager at Sheraton Tysons Hotel, responded to this review, 21 February 2014
Dear Dennis B,
Thank you for staying with us during your recent visit to the Tysons area, additionally we thank you for giving us this opportunity to explain and apologize. It is unfortunate that we did not have the chance to explain to you before your departure; however we would love to do so if you would contact me or David our director of front office to explain this common procedure. We are aware that your opinion of our service has been affected by the handling of your concerns and can only hope that in time, you may reconsider your position and choose to stay with us again. In closing, may I thank you, once again, for taking the time to write. We will always welcome the opportunity to be of service.
Harrisburg, PA
Reviewed 8 February 2014

The Sheraton Premiere is the crème-de-la-crème! It is a great hotel that is close to DC, yet in an upscale suburban part of northern Virginia. Great shopping, restaurants, and other comforts of modern living are close by. This location is very diverse with all races, makeups, etc. The hotel restaurant in the lobby is relaxing with a great vibe and food. Nice hostesses. My platinum starwood was recognized and three of my suite nights were accepted. I was given a great one bed room with a king sized bed, two bathroom suite, and an upscale living room. Overall, a great hotel to visit when one visit the DC area.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Mike C, General Manager at Sheraton Tysons Hotel, responded to this review, 10 February 2014
Dear Korpu,
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us about the Sheraton Tysons Corner hotel. I certainly appreciate the kind words about the excellent service and facilities that you encountered. We also value your opinion and nice comments regarding our team members (hostesses) and the recognition of your SPG Loyalty status. We are pleased to know that we were able to exceed your expectations. Once again than you for your business and we look forward to having you with us again in the near future.
Rockville, Maryland
Reviewed 7 February 2014

My wife, son & i decided to have a nice family getaway. We went there on 1/9/14. We got there early (about 11am) but i have informed them of that in the reservation. But as expected they had the accessible room ready(son's in a wheelchair). After checking in, we relaxed a bit before my wife and son started getting hungry. Now we had noticed in the elevator, on he way to the room, and in the room menu that lunch started at 11am. It was a little after 11 when i called and was told that lunch did not start until 11:30. I was a little annoyed but we decided to just go to the restaurant then to eat. When we got downstairs (again sign on elevator & the one by the restaurant, says lunch starts at 11) we were told that they was not serving lunch until 11:30. i was getting upset but wife said just walk around until then. We decided to check out the lounge room, only to find out the front desk had given us the wrong set of keys. No problem, by now i was getting use to the way the day was going. Got new keys, relaxed in the lounge then had lunch. The worse part of our stay came when later that evening i called the front desk and asked them to send up a rollaway bed for our son. Now i know it takes time for them to get one to our room but after a hour+, i had to call again to see what was going on. A different person answered and said that they would check o it. After another 40 minutes i was mad and called again, this time the first i talked to answered. He was very sorry about the delay and would definitely see why it was taking so long. About 10/15 minutes later there was a knock at our door. When i opened it, the rudest person in the whole hotel, was there. He dragged the bed in, mumbling to himself, shoved it against the window, dropped it to the floor and walked out. I could not believe it. I had to change the bed around where he dropped it blocked off nearly a quarter of the room. I did mention this to the front desk when we checked out. Did not get too much of a reaction. I also wrote a review on the Sheraton website, which i am a member of, and so far it has not showed up. Funny, every member's account shows all the last 5 or 10 hotels you have stayed at but for some reason they seem to have removed this hotel from my last stay list. No apology or discount though. Shame, still it was a nice hotel.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Dear Dan M,
Thank you for taking the time to write and share feedback from your most recent stay. Our guest feedback is important to us as often times it may pinpoint an area of needed focus and attention.
Please accept our apologies for the key coding and for the unacceptable delivery time of the rollaway bed during your time spent with us. This is certainly not the Sheraton experience we aim to provide our guests and I am truly sorry this happened to you. I have notified our rooms’ management team so that we may look further into these issues. Our goal is to provide our guests with a memorable and enjoyable experience from start to finish and we are truly sorry that we did not carry out this promise. Although our apologies do not change your recent experience; however, I do hope it will help redeem your faith in the Sheraton Tysons Corner. Thank you again for bringing this to our attention.