“Excellent Service!”

Sheraton Tysons Hotel
Ranked #11 of 15 Hotels in Tysons Corner
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Stayed at this hotel for a dance convention. After an initial difficulty with the reservation, Nichole M. straightened it out and provided impeccable service. Following check-in, she called to make sure all was okay and she continued to touch base and provide assistance throughout the weekend. I wish all hotels had a Nichole M.!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Mike C, General Manager at Sheraton Tysons Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2014

Dear Linda E,
We are delighted that we contributed to your comfort away from home and in making your experience during your Dance Conference such a joy. Thank you for your very kind words about Nichole and the service you received. We look forward to serve you again in the near future; we will also pass the credit to Nichole as she continues to impress everyone who interacts with her. Thank you again.

Reviewed 19 April 2014

We stayed at the Sheraton Premiere a couple of weekends ago for my Daughter's dance competition. My wife made the the initial reservation for a king and it needed to be changed to 2 double beds. Long story short ... Nichole fixed the reservation AND called me a few hours after I checked-in to make sure the accommodations were correct. She was also instrumental in facilitating the delivery of a small refrigerator! I would absolutely stay there again. She was even able to help with a late check-out. Thanks again Nichole for your GREAT hospitality - Rick Esterson.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Mike C, General Manager at Sheraton Tysons Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2014

Dear Mr. Esterson,
Thank you for taking the time to post and for your great praise of Nichole. Exceeding our guest expectations and ensuring that every guest leaves with great experience is what we do and we are thankful that you were able to recognize our efforts through Nichole's assistance! We appreciate your business and we look forward to your next visit to the Tysons area.

Reviewed 14 April 2014

We stayed here for a dance convention. Having a room just above where the action is, was wonderful. Check-in was easy and our room was fine, other than the bathroom is way too small and there is no fan. It steams up immediately when the shower is on, so getting ready while anyone sleeps is almost impossible if you have to keep the door shut. We used the mall shuttle to Tyson's. It was prompt, but the cloth seats were heavily soiled. Gross! The first night, the a/c wouldn't work. We called and a maintenance person came right away, and it was fixed quickly. The next day, during the convention, we tried to order sandwiches from the lounge restaurant, it took over 20 minutes standing in line to wait and get my food with only two people ahead of me. The service was not good! That night, we used the indoor pool. It was clean, and there was a very friendly lifeguard on duty. I tried to get a wake-up call when we returned to our room. I called the front desk numerous times over the course of an hour, and no one ever answered. I've never had that happen in any hotel I've ever stayed in! I finally had to set the alarm on my iPhone. The next morning I called down and tried ask a question about check-out. Again, no answer for over an hour. Unacceptable in my book! The wifi worked well, but they cut it off at check out, even though our convention went on until 4pm. No free lobby wifi. My overall impressions were: clean rooms, convenient (but dirty) mall shuttle, poor front desk service, extremely slow restaurant.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Mike C, General Manager at Sheraton Tysons Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2014

Dear c2nlilmom,
We are overall delighted that you enjoyed your stay, however I apologize on behalf of the staff that you did not get that "special" feeling you were looking for! One of our core values here is to "Feel Special" and I would invite you back so we can do just that for you! I am also surprised about the Lobby Wifi as it is always there and free of charge but there must have been other issues that must have interrupted the connection to your computer. Also, please keep in mind that the Wifi is also free of charge in the guest rooms on the weekends as well. I agree with your assessment regarding the 20 minutes wait on the sandwich and that should have been much quicker and we have addressed the issue with the staff accordingly. We do hope that you give us another chance to visit with us again next year during this same dance convention.

Reviewed 26 March 2014

To Whom it May Concern,

This email is to offer my sincere appreciation for the Sheraton Premiere DC staff. I have been visiting this hotel for the past ten years and no matter where my work location is or how far I need to drive in the surrounding area I always find my home at the end of the day at the Sheraton on route 7. I refer to the bar staff as my sisters as I have come to know them personally and have shared family stories as our children's lives have progressed throughout the years. Aster, Senait and Rigat always make me feel very important and welcome me with open arms and a special greeting. After a long day of travel from California to DC the highlight of my trip is seeing them and their warm smiles. They have always been gracious, caring and very professional.

The bar area is run very efficiently and the managers Jason and Leo make each guest feel safe and right at home. From the time I check in to the next morning wake up call from Max I can't think of a better experience than my stay here with this staff. While travel takes me away from my home that I miss - it is always made better by coming here at the end of each day. Please don't change a thing as this Sheraton is exceptional and special because of these very extraordinary and exceptional people.

Regards, Marla Likins

VP, Program Control, Leidos

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Mike C, General Manager at Sheraton Tysons Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2014

Dear Marla L,
We too are happy that you are a loyal Guest of the Sheraton Premiere at Tysons Corner and that you always choose us while you are in the Tysons / McLean area! Thank you for taking the time to write such a glowing review of your stay. We are thrilled that you have had a wonderful experience with us from great service to the wonderful interaction with the staff. Aster, Senait, Regat and Max feel the same way about you and will be delighted to have the opportunity to welcome you back for another visit. Thank you again and I look forward to see you soon.

Reviewed 26 March 2014

I recently attended a workshop in the hotel and my experience was 'above and beyond' what I expected. Having access to the Sheraton Club services was especially convenient. And Sid, the 'host' there each morning elevated that experience to 'exceptional'. His warm greeting to all, his pride in providing great service, and his attention to detail around cleanliness, food presentation, and the general atmosphere made starting my day there a highlight. As well, his thoughtfulness in offering information and ideas for some time I planned in DC, including providing me a hotel brochure on the shuttle service, and even printing out a map locating a particular Gallery I wanted to see, made my stay definitely a most memorable and 'premier' experience!

The hotel itself is also lovely, with spacious rooms. most comfortable pillows, and great staff in other capacities too - like Vicky, whose personalized service at the front desk made me feel like she was actually connecting with me, and not just doing a required task.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Mike C, General Manager at Sheraton Tysons Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2014

Dear Marilyn O,
Thank you for the five stars! We are delighted you enjoyed your stay and had great experience! Both Sid and Vicky will be very encouraged by your remarks. The club level certainly has its own exclusivity and we appreciate your description of the club level amenities to other future guests and TripAdvisor’s readers. We are also thankful that we will have the privilege of welcoming you back for another visit.

Reviewed 23 March 2014

I would like to call this hotel my second home. I travel to DC three times a year and each time I stay here. After having a horrible experience at another hotel, it was refreshing to come back to this one. The staff is very attentive and they treat you like as you are number one. I would like to say that the one thing that I always look forward to is seeing the staff in the lounge area. Their lounge is absolutely wonderful. The layout is very welcoming and stylish. The staff is the best that I have ever had the pleasure of meeting. They work well together and always have a smile on their face. I love it when they come by to check on me and sometimes stay a little longer just to chat. The manager "Leo" is not only a wonderful manager but a very caring individual. He obviously takes great pride in his job and his staff. The hotel in whole is wonderful. The only thing that disappoints me is the fact that the hotel pool is not available at all hours during the day. But, that will never deter me from to continuing to stay at their hotel each and every time that I visit the area.

Room Tip: All the rooms are wonderful.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Darlene k

Dear sdkfour,
Your review has certainly made us smile! It’s always wonderful to hear how a guest appreciates the attentive service our staff provides and your thoughtful acknowledgement of Leo is truly appreciated. We hope that during your next stay with us that you will have the opportunity to indulge in a meal at Brix and Ale restaurant as we have just introduced a new menu this week. It would be our pleasure to welcome you back very soon to The Sheraton Premiere at Tysons Corner. Thank you for your review.

Reviewed 19 March 2014

The Sheraton Premiere is a decidedly upscale hotel on the west end of Tyson's Corner. It is a favorite destination for large meetings and therefore you will find it crowded at times. For Tyson's, where parking is a premium, the fact that the hotel has plenty is a real bonus.

It is a great location for business travelers especially if you'll be visiting a variety of area offices. It is on Route 7 just off of the Dulles Toll Road, so you have fairly easy access to areas ranging from Herndon/Reston to Tyson's and McLean. be aware, however, that no matter where you go from this hotel you'll have to deal with the worst of the Leesburg Pike traffic, since construction for the new Metro is ongoing.

Room Tip: Rooms not facing Route 7 are quieter.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Mike C, General Manager at Sheraton Tysons Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2014

Dear haroldg48,
Thank you for staying with us and recognizing our comfortable and spacious guestrooms and our meeting rooms. We appreciate your precious time taken to do this review and mentioning our great location that is walking distance to shopping, dining and easy access to the airport as well as Washington DC area. We certainly hope to see you back soon.