“Lovely and Welcoming”

Trinity Episcopal Church
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Reviewed 3 July 2017

This lovely church stands out as you are driving down Route 50. I walked to it from the restaurant I picked up my lunch from. The parish was established in 1840, but the current Church was built in 1955 (per the cornerstone). As I entered the little courtyard out front. I was kindly invited to get a cool drink at their morning coffee (services had just ended), which was very nice. I was given directions on how to get inside and was greeted by a church that reminds me of the chapels and cathedrals I had seen in England. The inside is much smaller than it appears on the outside. It is a grand church.

Reviewed 27 June 2017

Gorgeous Episcopal church in the middle of no-where. But thanks to the Mellon family, one feels like one is in a lovely French country-side church. Great pipe organ there as well.

Stunningly simple and absolutely gorgeous!!

Reviewed 12 February 2017

you always see someone you know no matter where you're from. beautiful little church in a beautiful little village

Reviewed 25 January 2017

This church was donated to the community by the late, generous Paul Mellon. It is a quiet spot for the most part but a central location for the Hunt Country Stable Tour held every Memorial Day weekend as a community fundraiser. Also a pleasant spot for weddings. A thoughtful place to worship.

See more reviews
Reviewed 19 March 2016

After lunch at the Hunter's Head Tavern (also reviewed) we dropped by Trinity Episcopal Church - its set in a historical enclave and is open to the public - even when services are not being held. The church itself is an oasis of tranquility with a lots of fine architectural beauty presented in what I can only describe as elegant simplicity. I'm attaching a picture of one of the stain glass windows, a heating grate (of all things - imagine) and a shot of the stonework in the courtyard - it was a delight!