“Wonderful experience in Virginia”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Urbanna
Atherston Hall Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 2 Urbanna B&B and Inns
Reviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile

We loved our stay with Judith and Bill, who were wonderful hosts to us and our two children. The house and gardens are amazing and the breakfast is both healthy and delicious prepared with great care!
We will definitely come back and will recommend the place highly to both family and friends.

Stayed: May 2014

Reviewed 5 May 2014

Every part of our stay at Atherston Hall was perfect! Judith and Bill (people) and Savanna and Rosie (labradors) were fine hosts. Most B&Bs I have experienced are fussy, over-stuffed and tight on space. The Atherston Hall is not any of these things! Charming in every way important!

Excellent, spacious rooms, comfortable beds, interesting people and delicious breakfast seemed the norm. The gardens around the Hall are a bonus. We would (and will) stay there again when visiting Urbanna. Note: don't miss the restaurant, Merroir if you like oysters!

David Egger and Julie Cullman

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank DLE2622
Atherston, Owner at Atherston Hall Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2014

Hello
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a great review for Atherston Hall. We enjoyed having your stay ....... so sorry the weather did not co-operate! We look forward to welcoming you again should you come back to Urbanna.

Reviewed 14 March 2014 via mobile

My Wife and I got married on Saturday February 22 and as exciting as it was by the end of the night we were exhausted. The last thing we needed was trouble with a B&B the first night we were married. From the second we arrived at Atherston Hall it was wonder and relaxing. The owners provided superb service yet were not intrusive. They were accommodating (We had no intention of being up early the next day), even working with us for when we wanted breakfast (which was delicious by the way).
The room we stayed in way above the other rooms, just up some short stairs and provided a wonderful surprise. The pictures online had not done the room justice. It was more like a suite in size, clean with modern fixtures and devoid of the typical BS nick-nacks that Bed and Breakfasts that make them feel cluttered. It was also incredibly quiet!
Without a doubt my wife and I will be returning to Atherston Hall for more of what I can only describe as the best experience at a B&B we have ever had! :)

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank James D

Hello
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for Atherston Hall and for choosing our Bed and Breakfast for your Wedding night! We enjoyed having you as guests with us and look forward to seeing you again.....possibly on the first anniversary?

Reviewed 4 March 2014

My family traveled to Urbanna Va to visit Christ Church Boarding School. The Somerset suite was perfect for my family, the bed was very comfortable and the suite was filled with beautiful furnishing. It was Bill & Judith's attention to detail that made our stay so special.
Due to a winter storm, we had to stay an extra night, Bill warmly welcomed my family to stay the additional night and cook us a delicious dinner. It was a memorable stay and we look forward to coming back again. Thanks again

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Lynne F

Hello
Thank you for writing a review for Atherston Hall and I am sorry that I did not have the pleasure of meeting you and your family. Bill was delighted to read your review and know that despite the "storm" you enjoyed your visit. We look forward to welcoming you again.

Reviewed 3 March 2014

Judith and Bill sure know what they're doing when it comes to running a bed and breakfast. Can't say a single bad thing about this place - the most charming English cottage I've ever experienced, ever! They have two of the cutest English labs I've ever seen as well! What a wonderful stay, I'm definitely going back as soon as I am able to plan my next mini vacation to this area.

• Stayed: March 2014

Hello
So pleased you enjoyed your stay......and thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are delighted that you enjoyed the house, Urbanna and our lovely dogs. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 21 January 2014

I decided to get away for the weekend from Richmond and found this most special gem! This bed and breakfast is tucked into a side street in Urbanna, Virginia and is a real find! We had a most wonderful stay and the innkeeper Judith was so wonderful! She had a full English tea ready for us and it was absolutely delicious! As it was my birthday, I felt really special! Our stay was wonderful and I highly recommend it to anyone as a super getaway from everyday life!

Room Tip: We chose the Somerset room and it gave us a lot of room and an extra bed!
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Hello
We so enjoyed meeting you both and thank you for taking the time to write such a great review.The house and gardens are looking wonderful now a contrast to when you visited in January!
We look forward to welcoming you again.

Reviewed 17 November 2013

We were in Urbanna from Nov 5 to 10, 2013. We were forced to be there for a funeral. Urbanna is a very small town so when we went on line looking for last minute place to stay we found this bed and breakfast. Because we were in town for a funeral we just needed a nice, quiet, friendly place to be. We lucked out. The room was great. The breakfast each morning was awesome. The owner was very nice and helpful and made sure our ever need was met. It is centrally located and and in easy walking distance of everything thing in town. We would stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Trent J

Been to Atherston Hall Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!