“Highly recommend this inn.”
Review of The Chesapeake Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Urbanna
The Chesapeake Inn
Ranked #2 of 2 Urbanna B&B and Inns
“Highly recommend this inn.”
Reviewed 8 October 2012 via mobile

Since I live in the area I had not been able to rate the Chesapeake Inn until now. This past weekend our daughter was married in Urbanna. Family members stayed at the Inn and the reception was held there. The experience was delightful.

Each room is beautifully furnished with special touches everywhere to make you feel pampered and make your stay memorable. I highly recommend the Inn.

Stayed October 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Roanoke, Virginia
Reviewed 24 September 2012

The "Inn" is not suites, but beautiful accomodations regardless. Yes, it is a older building and the single level building doesn't appear special in anyway until you enter your room. The rooms are amazingly decorated, superior cleanliness with attention to details. The town is very small, you can in fact see it all on foot. Antique shops, artist's offerings, craftsman offerings, small cafe's at reasonable prices and good food. There is one upper scale restaurant/bar in front of the Inn with a superior chef. We enjoyed the serenity of this small town feel. We didn't find a 'beach' although there is plenty of water surrounding this area, but it seems to be docks for the many boats, or private home waterfront. We enjoyed our stay none the less. For lovely quarters, a quiet laid back feeling for a weekend trip away this is a great place. It is only a hour away from the Williamsburg Premium Outlets and the Williamsburg Pottery as well. Great getaway to shop and then relax away from the noisey confusion of life for a couple days. I recommend it.

Room Tip: We stayed in number 20, last room at the end of the hallway. Full size refridgerator, a microwave...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Wtawndrflwrld
Chester, Virginia, United States
Reviewed 16 September 2012

A great place to decompress. The inn has recently been refurbished. The rooms are nicely furnished and the decor is fantastic. Each room has a unique theme. The staff was very welcoming and gracious. The surreys were a fun way to explore this small town. There are several restaurants within easy walking distance, including a coffee shop, oyster house, and an upscale restaurant. My husband raves about the crab soup and fried oysters. There are several small shops to expore. You can arrive, park your car, and not need to move it again until you are ready to leave. The towns people were so friendly! If you are looking for a quiet, slow-paced getaway, I highly recommend a trip to the inn and Urbanna.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 25 August 2012

I purchased a Groupon for two nights at The Chesapeake Inn because the illustration showed a lot of water around this hotel. I was looking forward to sparkling blue water, squawking sea birds, white sand, pink shells, crab cakes and all the other pleasantries that go with a vacay on the Chesapeake. Well, after passing the low slung 1960's looking single story motel a couple of times my GPS continually informed me that I was ignoring its ding-ding in favor of finding that motel I had been sure was on the water. Needless to say, the inn is not on the water. It is sandwiched on a spit of land between two streets and the only water view is out in front of the office where a circulating pump makes the water splash in a sunken plastic pool. Oh, the room was nicely decorated, but there were a lot of stains on the carpet. The bathroom had been updated.The bed was comfortable enough, though more than a little softer than I prefer. The electrical outlets were in need of replacement. Trying to charge my phone and computer was a trial as the plugs kept falling out of the wall. There was a refrigerator and a microwave. Thank goodness for the microwave which had an illuminated clock. The only other clock in the room was a small battery operated travel clock with no light. The sign outside each room designated it as a "suite." But truth be told, though nicely decorated, these are rooms, not suites. The motif for my guest room was Paris. Why Paris? I don't have a clue. Urbanna has more boats sitting in its harbor than people living in town, so a nautical theme would seem more appropriate. The town, I was told, has less than a thousand people. The few people who provide their services as restauranteurs must have a strange sense of time as one establishment publishes its breakfast, lunch, and dinner hours as spanning from 10 AM to 6 PM. Really, what am I supposed to do with that when I jump out of jammies as the sun rises? The owners of the food establishments are intent on grabbing tourist dollars, (some of the prices are high for the location) just as long as it is on their own strangely abbreviated schedules. I was told these entrepreneurs were just "laid back." There is a red trolly running up and down the main thoroughfare with numerous stops which are about 50 yards apart. Since most of the town can be reached easily in less than 7 or 8 minutes by anyone with two feet I can't figure out the logic of it. If you really need to get away from it all and are willing to stay at this location with little outside stimulation, this is the place for you.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TheCovertCritic
Fairfax
Reviewed 25 August 2012

We could not have been more pleased with starting our retirement travels at this delightful Inn. Our room was fabulous, staff was very friendly, loved the surreys and the town. We felt pampered the entire time we were there. Hoping to return. New Retirees

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Efland, North Carolina
Reviewed 16 August 2012

We couldn't have asked for better accommodations! The inn is beautiful, the beds were so comfy, rooms so clean. The bikes were so much fun. My husband compared the area to Mayberry - everyone was so friendly!! We were there with our 2 kids and they had a great time. We even had complementary board games to play. High recommend!!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank NCH0kies
Boca Raton, Florida
Reviewed 10 August 2012

I'm retired Navy and during the course of my career, I've traveled extensively in this country and others. I had the opportunity to stay at the Chesapeake Inn where my best friend was having his 60th birthday party. The room appeared to have been recently renovated and the bed was even more comfortable than my own. (Magic, I suppose) The owners were all about true southern hospitality and made my stay "FANTASTIC". My only regret was that I couldn't stay longer.
The hotel is centrally located and is within walking distance of great restaurants, stores and the Urbanna creek and its several marinas. On your next trip in the area, I highly recommend you call Angela or John, make reservations, and enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!!!

Room Tip: Small 13 room hotel, so all rooms are great.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Bill F
Also consider these accommodations in or near Urbanna
Best Western Kilmarnock Hotel
#1 of 1 in Irvington
Kilmarnock Inn
Kilmarnock Inn
#2 of 2 in Kilmarnock

Been to The Chesapeake Inn? Share your experiences!