“Outstanding experience”
Review of The Chesapeake Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Urbanna
The Chesapeake Inn
Ranked #2 of 2 Urbanna B&B and Inns
Reviewed 8 December 2012

I recently stayed at the Chesapeake inn for a wedding. The experience was nothing short of perfect. The rooms are spotless and very comfortable. It has a lot of charm. Angela went out of her way to make sure things went smoothly. I highly recommend the Chesapeake Inn for anyone staying in or near Urbanna.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Shelley G

Reviewed 5 November 2012

We happened to use a groupon deal for our weekend stay . We were greeted by Angela who was very friendly gave us all the information we needed about the town and things to do in the area. Our room was beautifully decorated but not huge. Bathrooms were average and there was a full size fridge and microwave in the room. The full size fridge was nice but made the closet smaller. This wasn't a problem for us because we were only there for two days. Our favorite places to eat were "Something Different", and "Ostra" . The town is small and quaint and everyone there was very friendly. There are lots of little boutique stores but I thought the were a bit on the expensive side for what was being sold.

Room Tip: Check out all the website photos of the rooms to see what appeals to you the most. We chose the ma...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sparkles59
Reviewed 21 October 2012

My husband and I recently had the pleasure of staying here for our wedding and we had our reception in their banquet room. From the first contacts with Angela months ahead of time she was nothing but helpful and gracious. She allowed me to come look at the banquet hall several times so we could get all of our plans in order, and she was most helpful with rearranging the tables and ordering everything we needed linen wise. Now as far as our actual stay.... Each room has it's own theme and personalized touches, the rooms are more like what you would find in a nice B&B, and the beds are top of the line in comfort. The grounds are clean with nice decor and centrally located in town. I would recommend this stay to anyone!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SarahGillKimble
Reviewed 8 October 2012

Since I live in the area I had not been able to rate the Chesapeake Inn until now. This past weekend our daughter was married in Urbanna. Family members stayed at the Inn and the reception was held there. The experience was delightful.

Each room is beautifully furnished with special touches everywhere to make you feel pampered and make your stay memorable. I highly recommend the Inn.

Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 September 2012

The "Inn" is not suites, but beautiful accomodations regardless. Yes, it is a older building and the single level building doesn't appear special in anyway until you enter your room. The rooms are amazingly decorated, superior cleanliness with attention to details. The town is very small, you can in fact see it all on foot. Antique shops, artist's offerings, craftsman offerings, small cafe's at reasonable prices and good food. There is one upper scale restaurant/bar in front of the Inn with a superior chef. We enjoyed the serenity of this small town feel. We didn't find a 'beach' although there is plenty of water surrounding this area, but it seems to be docks for the many boats, or private home waterfront. We enjoyed our stay none the less. For lovely quarters, a quiet laid back feeling for a weekend trip away this is a great place. It is only a hour away from the Williamsburg Premium Outlets and the Williamsburg Pottery as well. Great getaway to shop and then relax away from the noisey confusion of life for a couple days. I recommend it.

Room Tip: We stayed in number 20, last room at the end of the hallway. Full size refridgerator, a microwave...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Wtawndrflwrld
Reviewed 16 September 2012

A great place to decompress. The inn has recently been refurbished. The rooms are nicely furnished and the decor is fantastic. Each room has a unique theme. The staff was very welcoming and gracious. The surreys were a fun way to explore this small town. There are several restaurants within easy walking distance, including a coffee shop, oyster house, and an upscale restaurant. My husband raves about the crab soup and fried oysters. There are several small shops to expore. You can arrive, park your car, and not need to move it again until you are ready to leave. The towns people were so friendly! If you are looking for a quiet, slow-paced getaway, I highly recommend a trip to the inn and Urbanna.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 August 2012

I purchased a Groupon for two nights at The Chesapeake Inn because the illustration showed a lot of water around this hotel. I was looking forward to sparkling blue water, squawking sea birds, white sand, pink shells, crab cakes and all the other pleasantries that go with a vacay on the Chesapeake. Well, after passing the low slung 1960's looking single story motel a couple of times my GPS continually informed me that I was ignoring its ding-ding in favor of finding that motel I had been sure was on the water. Needless to say, the inn is not on the water. It is sandwiched on a spit of land between two streets and the only water view is out in front of the office where a circulating pump makes the water splash in a sunken plastic pool. Oh, the room was nicely decorated, but there were a lot of stains on the carpet. The bathroom had been updated.The bed was comfortable enough, though more than a little softer than I prefer. The electrical outlets were in need of replacement. Trying to charge my phone and computer was a trial as the plugs kept falling out of the wall. There was a refrigerator and a microwave. Thank goodness for the microwave which had an illuminated clock. The only other clock in the room was a small battery operated travel clock with no light. The sign outside each room designated it as a "suite." But truth be told, though nicely decorated, these are rooms, not suites. The motif for my guest room was Paris. Why Paris? I don't have a clue. Urbanna has more boats sitting in its harbor than people living in town, so a nautical theme would seem more appropriate. The town, I was told, has less than a thousand people. The few people who provide their services as restauranteurs must have a strange sense of time as one establishment publishes its breakfast, lunch, and dinner hours as spanning from 10 AM to 6 PM. Really, what am I supposed to do with that when I jump out of jammies as the sun rises? The owners of the food establishments are intent on grabbing tourist dollars, (some of the prices are high for the location) just as long as it is on their own strangely abbreviated schedules. I was told these entrepreneurs were just "laid back." There is a red trolly running up and down the main thoroughfare with numerous stops which are about 50 yards apart. Since most of the town can be reached easily in less than 7 or 8 minutes by anyone with two feet I can't figure out the logic of it. If you really need to get away from it all and are willing to stay at this location with little outside stimulation, this is the place for you.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TheCovertCritic

Been to The Chesapeake Inn? Share your experiences!