“Our Second Stay”
Review of The Chesapeake Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Urbanna
The Chesapeake Inn
Ranked #2 of 2 Urbanna B&B and Inns
Reviewed 24 January 2013

Once again, the Chesapeake has done it! We went here Dec. '11 and again Dec. '12 and enjoyed the same gracious welcome at this beautiful little inn. There are only 12 rooms, but the owner continues to keep them looking like they were just staged for BH&G magazine. Gorgeous details! She is a magician! We are already planning our next visit, since our son and DIL gave us a weekend for a Christmas present!

Room Tip: They are all beautiful! And, you just walk out your door to get to the historic "downtown!"...
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank vapetlover

Reviewed 23 January 2013

Loved our stay here - small little town with a soda fountain and great little small towns around to explore. Rooms are decorated top notch and fantastic little cookies in each room. Would definitely visit again for a weekend getaway.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank itshallbedone
Reviewed 19 January 2013

If I were reviewing Urbanna, I would say it is a lovely little town. The Chesapeake Inn, for the amenities offered, is average for the price ($150.00 per night). When looking at the website, you don't realize that the inn is actually a motel. The room was beautiful, but at that price, it should be. I stayed for two nights, and the second night when I arrived back at the room, I had no heat. Thankfully, it wasn't too cold and the bed had plenty of blankets. What I didn't like as a single traveler was that with the outside entrance, the door knob lock was the only way to secure the room. Someone can easily get in while you are away. As the office was closed on New Year's Eve when I was to check out, I left a note in the room, notifying them that the heater didn't work, and that the fridge and microwave also weren't working. I also requested a copy of my bill which I never received. I have not heard back.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank MCG3_7
Reviewed 11 January 2013

I have had the opportunity to stay here several times and every room has been wonderful. Each room has a different theme and is beautifully decorated. I've found all the beds are incredibly comfortable and feel luxurious.

The rooms are spacious and are amazingly clean! They also include a refrigerator, microwave, coffee pot and tv. There's always those little extra amenities that help make your stay more comfortable such as coffee, cookies, soap, shampoo and information about the town.

The owners have been amazing and incredibly helpful and have done a wonderful job with this establishment. I would highly recommend staying here!

Room Tip: Every room is different and amazing.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank reillys4
Reviewed 10 December 2012

There is something special going on in the little town of Urbanna! It has a great community feel and I suspect that folks in the Women's Club, B&B and Inn proprietors, shop and restaurant owners are working hard to make their little community an interesting place to visit and from which to explore other parts of the Chesapeake. We used a Groupon as incentive to visit the little town and stay at the Chesapeake Inn. At first I was a bit hesitant as it seemed that it was simply an old motel. Well, it is in its former life but, it is so beautifully renovated... you can see that tremendous care was taken to make the small bath and average size rooms a lovely experience! Every room is different, but we really enjoyed the green room. Beds are very comfortable, great interior design, lots of amenities, great service, very clean. You can even take out some of the cycle mobiles to tour the small town! We had a wonderful relaxing weekend for the Urbanna Christmas parade and the home tour.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank D C
Reviewed 8 December 2012

I recently stayed at the Chesapeake inn for a wedding. The experience was nothing short of perfect. The rooms are spotless and very comfortable. It has a lot of charm. Angela went out of her way to make sure things went smoothly. I highly recommend the Chesapeake Inn for anyone staying in or near Urbanna.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Shelley G
Reviewed 5 November 2012

We happened to use a groupon deal for our weekend stay . We were greeted by Angela who was very friendly gave us all the information we needed about the town and things to do in the area. Our room was beautifully decorated but not huge. Bathrooms were average and there was a full size fridge and microwave in the room. The full size fridge was nice but made the closet smaller. This wasn't a problem for us because we were only there for two days. Our favorite places to eat were "Something Different", and "Ostra" . The town is small and quaint and everyone there was very friendly. There are lots of little boutique stores but I thought the were a bit on the expensive side for what was being sold.

Room Tip: Check out all the website photos of the rooms to see what appeals to you the most. We chose the ma...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sparkles59
Also consider these accommodations in or near Urbanna
Best Western Kilmarnock Hotel
#2 of 2 in Kilmarnock
The Gables
The Gables
#3 of 5 in Reedville

Been to The Chesapeake Inn? Share your experiences!