“Love this park for walking, running, biking”

First Landing State Park
Sunset Stand Up Paddleboard Tour of Linkhorn Bay
US$50.00*
Stand Up Paddleboard Eco-Tour of First Landing State Park
More attraction details
Owner description: Nature enthusiasts will love this park with 2,700-acres of hiking trails, cypress swamps and nesting grounds for a variety of birds.
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I love this park. It has something to offer for everyone. It's a gem. Go there when you are in the area!

Reviewed 12 June 2014

Some friends of mine where camping here so I went to spend the day with them. I was so suprised how much I loved this place and I did not even know it was there. will be back very soon , if not this week!!

1  Thank Karen F
Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

This was so much fun to explore, and the beach was lovely. For some reason, it seemed to be the windiest of all the beaches in Virginia Beach, but it wasn't crowded, and great to splash in the waves.

Reviewed 5 June 2014

We stayed on the Boardwalk of VA Beach, and it was nice to be around the hustle/bustle for a while...... but after a little while, that's just too much hustle for me. When it comes to relaxing, the First Landing Beach was so much nicer.

When we went it was completely protected from the winds while VAB was howling. The sands were groomed, the water looked inviting (but it was April, so I wasn't going anywhere past my ankles). There are some facilities there as well (changing rooms, etc.)

Nice views of the harbors in the distance.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

Fist Landing State park has the BEST ocean experience. The beach it provides for only a four dollar parking fee (five on weekends) has tides but no surf! This means you can easily walk out to your waist, your chest or over your head. No rip tides to worry about. Nice clean sand no stinging nettles, no worries at all. I floated around for hours. There is a camp store (camping allowed) no jacked up prices. I bought a noodle to swim with there for 3.49. Very nice owner. I recommend the mouth of the Chesapeake Bay.

1  Thank Caroline C