“Awesome Steak”

Cuisines: American, Bar, Barbecue, Pub, Gastropub
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: Northeast Virginia Beach
Description: Virginia Beach's original gastropub ("a bar style restaurant that serves high quality food"), has long been a local's favorite on Shore Drive. Tucked back in a courtyard the restaurant offers casual dining with a welcoming and lively bar. The acclaimed menu focuses on using fresh, quality ingredients prepared in regional selections, often infused with unique smoked flavors.
Chesapeake
“Awesome Steak”
Reviewed 25 March 2014 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

OK I am a big fan of this place the Moaning Lisas band plays there once a month and it's always a good time. This time I ordered the ribeye with cheese grits and green beans. OMG that steak was awesome and the cheese grits just added to the meal. Every bite was excellent if you are a ribeye fan. Great time great food great date and great band!

Visited March 2014

New Smyrna Beach, Florida
“Restaurant Week Great Choice”
Reviewed 14 January 2014

We decided on Smokehouse and Cooler Restaurant after reading the menu for Virginia Beach Restaurant week. We all ordered off of the Restaurant Week menu and had 3 awesome courses. The appetizers we chose were Potstickers and the Grilled Romaine salad. Both were excellent and the salad will become one of my favorite appetizers.
We each selected a different main course, smoked meatloaf, fish tacos and a rack of ribs. All were excellent. The portions were huge. The meatloaf entree was the size of a half of a meatloaf! The ribs were perfect as were the fish tacos. The sauteed green beans were done perfectly.
We each also selected different desserts. All were tasty from the brownie, apple caramel pie and the pumpkin bread pudding.
I would definitely recommend this place. Not very crowded on a Monday and the seervice was excellent. It is tucked back in a strip off of Shore Drive so it can be hard to spot. Well worth seeking this hidden gem out for dinner.

• Visited January 2014
Chesapeake
“Best Beef Brisket and Rock N Roll Around!”
Reviewed 5 November 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

OK So I am totaly bias on the Rock N Roll here. Yes Moaning Lisas play here and it seems that I always have a great time and love the staff and friends I get to see on Shore Drive when I play here. So lets take a look at the food. The beef brisket sliders, tacos, or nachos are the bomb. Of course this place made it to the food channel with the brisket. Smoked for 24 hours it is the best on Shore Drive. You really need to come eat here and if you stick around let me play some music for ya!

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Al S
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Smokehouse, what have you done to your ribs?????”
Reviewed 13 February 2013

We always looked forward to Tuesday 'Rib Night' but last night was a huge disappointment. We were told by the server that they changed the ribs- Instead of a grilled,fall-off the bone,melt in your mouth masterpiece we found chewy,tough,undercooked and not grilled,membrane covered slab of ribs. Please find your way back to the good old ribs, I cannot recommend your present choice.On the plus side-same great service and we enjoyed the live music.

• Visited February 2013
Bronx
“Walk into the great smell of a wood burning smoker”
Reviewed 20 January 2013

I went here for lunch. The resturant is tucked in behind another bar and it is easy to miss. When you walk in the smell of hickory wood in the smoker is filling the air with its welcoming call. It was empty for lunch but a very friendly bartender welcomed me and showed me a menu as well as the lunch specials for the day. All of them sounded delicious but the bartender made a recommendation and I ran with it. The Chef came out to greet me his name was Ashley he told me about the menu and how everything is made fresh to order. I watched him create my smoked primerib sandwich and he also offered me the sweet potato fries instead of regular fries which were excellent crisp not greasy and not over salted. The sandwich was delicious, it was piled high with meat covered with cheese and horsey sauce served on a warm bun. The pickle on the side was crisp also. I was a happy camper! will be back and recommend to all to try this place and say hi to Chef Ashley.

• Visited January 2013