“Good Mexican food”

Price range: US$8 - US$15
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Outdoor Seating
Description: Guads at 21st Street is a seasonal restaurant featuring fresh Mexican food and hand-made margaritas. Come join us on the patio or grab a drink at the bar! See you in March!
Reviewed 25 September 2013

I had asked the front desk of our hotel where the best place to get Mexican food and he recommended this place. We couldn't have been happier with his choice. It was a nice day so we sat outside and were greeted fast and with a friendly smile. Drinks were served fast as was the food which was hot and GOOD!. I read another review that complained about the portion size; not sure what they ordered but we had a ton of food on each plate. No one left hungry that night!

Reviewed 20 August 2013 via mobile

Good food, friendly service, prices reasonable for VA Beach in summer. The only down side for me was the fact that thier small chairs were quite uncomfortable for my "larger sized" postieror.

1  Thank Diane S
Reviewed 28 July 2013 via mobile

Everyone seems to have great reviews about this place so we must of gone on an off night?

The atmosphere was okay, our server was extremely gruff and never said hello. Got our drink order wrong.

They don't give you chips and salsa, you get chips and...this weird ranchy, spicy, sour, concoction. I don't know it was bizarre.

I ordered a strawberry daiquiri ($10) and I'm pretty positive it had no alcohol in it. None I could taste anyway.

My quesadilla, ($11) was about the size of a Taco Bell taco. It was very good, but very small. It also came with beans in it, which wasn't listed on the menu.

I don't write negative reviews often, I just was surprised at how well rated it was and how poor an experience we had.

1  Thank Photoeatsyou
Vicky H, Owner at Guads, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2013

I am so sorry to hear about your visit - I am wondering if you were at Guads @ 21st Street, Virginia Beach we do serve the red and white sauces with chips and have a wonderful staff - would like to know when you were at Guads and what you ordered - Thanks

Reviewed 24 July 2013 via mobile

My $11 quesadia was on the very small fajita bread not the big burrito bread..... My husbands portion of rice n beans were good size but the chicken was small n nasty! It was ok but i am used to the best mexican resteraunt i have ever ate in my hometown. Def wouldnt come here again. Waiters did good job but the food/price ratio was way to little food for way to much $$

Reviewed 23 July 2013

We stopped here after strolling looking for a place to eat. The service was friendly and upbeat, and the food was a complete surprise! We shared the Fajitas for 2 between 3 of us, and it was rockin' Mexican cuisine! Go here, the value was unbelievable!