“Worst Restaurant ever”

Ranked #202 of 1,413 Restaurants in Virginia Beach
Price range: US$8 - US$15
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly, Cheap Eats, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Description: Guads at 21st Street is a seasonal restaurant featuring fresh Mexican food and hand-made margaritas. Come join us on the patio or grab a drink at the bar! See you in March!
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Worst Restaurant ever”
Reviewed 12 May 2014

On Mother's day we were able to make a reservation for 27 people. The tables were never arrange to accommodate us comfortably and celebrate as a family. What we found out was the place was to small for this kind of event and only two servers for the whole restaurant. We asked to moved the tables around and was denied because the were busy and the tables heavy to move. We ended moving the tables but never able to be together, as we were moving tables the server got grouchy and grouchy. Orders weren't take in order. We have small kids and this definitely is not a family restaurant. They should have denied the reservation if they can't handle a large group. Only the person that make the reservations was familiar with the place. Parking space is not available either you have to pay 10 dollars next door and was sold out or park blocks away if you can find luckily a meter parking. Food was bland. This restaurant ruin our celebration.

• Visited May 2014

Richmond, Virginia
“seriously”
Reviewed 9 January 2014

just awful. tacos were cold and beef was bland, and five dollars for queso. good thing the margaritas were good or i mightve gone loco

Visited September 2013
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Good Mexican food”
Reviewed 25 September 2013

I had asked the front desk of our hotel where the best place to get Mexican food and he recommended this place. We couldn't have been happier with his choice. It was a nice day so we sat outside and were greeted fast and with a friendly smile. Drinks were served fast as was the food which was hot and GOOD!. I read another review that complained about the portion size; not sure what they ordered but we had a ton of food on each plate. No one left hungry that night!

• Visited September 2013
Stafford, Virginia
“Yummy!”
Reviewed 20 August 2013 via mobile

Good food, friendly service, prices reasonable for VA Beach in summer. The only down side for me was the fact that thier small chairs were quite uncomfortable for my "larger sized" postieror.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Diane S
“Very weird.”
Reviewed 28 July 2013 via mobile

Everyone seems to have great reviews about this place so we must of gone on an off night?

The atmosphere was okay, our server was extremely gruff and never said hello. Got our drink order wrong.

They don't give you chips and salsa, you get chips and...this weird ranchy, spicy, sour, concoction. I don't know it was bizarre.

I ordered a strawberry daiquiri ($10) and I'm pretty positive it had no alcohol in it. None I could taste anyway.

My quesadilla, ($11) was about the size of a Taco Bell taco. It was very good, but very small. It also came with beans in it, which wasn't listed on the menu.

I don't write negative reviews often, I just was surprised at how well rated it was and how poor an experience we had.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Photoeatsyou
Vicky H, Owner at Guads, responded to this review, 22 August 2013
I am so sorry to hear about your visit - I am wondering if you were at Guads @ 21st Street, Virginia Beach we do serve the red and white sauces with chips and have a wonderful staff - would like to know when you were at Guads and what you ordered - Thanks