Hampton Inn Virginia Beach Oceanfront North
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Neptune Park Inn(Virginia Beach)
  • Beachfront
View Hotel
Four Sails Resort(Virginia Beach)
View Hotel
The Oceanfront Inn(Virginia Beach)
View Hotel
Ocean Beach Club(Virginia Beach)
View Hotel
Oceanaire Resort Hotel(Virginia Beach)
1,832 results
All reviewsbreakfast stafffree breakfastneptune statuethe breakfast areapool and hot tubfront desk staffevery morningthe north endhotel is in a great locationvirginia beach oceanfrontgreat view of the oceanoff seasonhotel restaurantdefinitely stay here againfamily vacationoceanfront roomboardwalk
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 February 2011

My husband and I stayed in the suite with the jacuzzi and king size bed and my best friend and I stayed here the weekend before. We fell in love with the down comforter and pillows! I am terrified of bedbugs and this is the first time I have been brave enough to trust a motel in many, many years. I'm glad I did. No sign of any bugs. :) The gentleman at the front desk was very helpful and friendly too. I had a hotel employee walk into my room without knocking first (she "thought" we had checked out). She apologized and they reduced the price when my husband voiced his concern. I highly recommend this Hampton Inn.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 February 2011

We try to stay at Hilton Properties as we know what to expect, but it didn't work out that way this time. I was traveling with my adult daugter, and mother who is in a wheel chair. When we arrived at the hotel the entrance was unusually small, and one of the doors was closed. We tried to open it because we could not get the (just a normal size) wheel chair through the door. A staff member did finally come over and did not even acknowledge us as he pulled the door open. I asked if there were a luggage cart and he said he didn't know where one was or make any attempt to try and get one. We had not checked in and already I felt as if I had made a mistake with choosing this hotel. At check-in I realized I had forgotten to check the box for a handi-cap room (she usually does not travel) so I asked if they could give me a handi-cap room, or up-grade the room. The staff member said that he couldn't do that so I explained that it was my fault BUT we really needed a handi-cap room, he did not look at anything just immediately said he couldn't do anything. I knew it was my fault so I just let it go and hoped for the best. When we got to the room #305 I was very suprised as this was the smallest "Hilton" room I had ever stayed in. My mother could barely get by the bed between the dresser. The bathroom was large but with no safety rails it was impossible for her to manipulate alone. I don't believe the bathtub had been cleaned, there were many hairs on the bottom & and side. It looked at though the sick had been wiped but that was it. We were not greeted one time during the entire weekend by any staff member that crossed our path. I asked if there were any newspapers available anywhere close by and was told we don't have any. The breakfast was good, and kept full. On Sunday morning I headed out for a walk and was a little started by the loud arguing at the front dest from two staff members (one may have been a manager).
At check-out I wasn't even asked how our stay was, thank you, or come back and see us.
We've stayed at the Hampton Inn Oceanfront South a couple of times and will definitely be going back there next time. I will not ever stay there again or recommend

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank CoffeeT
vboceanfront, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Virginia Beach Oceanfront North, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2011

Thank you for the detailed feedback on your recent stay. We regret that we did not meet your expectations because as you can tell from other guests’ comments, we generally do a very good job of pleasing guests.

Although your reservation was for adjoining standard double queen rooms, we would have been happy to switch your mother to an accessible room had there been one available late Friday night when you arrived. Since this was a busy weekend, there may not have been accessible adjoining rooms at the time of check-in.

Our double queen rooms meets or exceed the Hampton Inn brand standards, and guests frequently remark about the spaciousness. Room sizes vary among the Hilton family of hotels. It is understandable that this room might seem limiting from an accessible perspective since it is not a designated accessible room.

Please know that we always welcome constructive comments and use them to help improve our guests’ experience.

Reviewed 26 January 2011

Gary and the rest of the staff were great. Patient and helpful when checking in and out (even with young children). Very affordable and worth every penny! We will be going back.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with family
dschaffner, General Manager at Hampton Inn Virginia Beach Oceanfront North, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2011

Thank you for your review of the Hampton Inn Oceanfront North. Service is are Number 1 priority for our guest, we are very Happy that we where able to serve you and your family. Looking forward to meeting you on your return.

Reviewed 10 January 2011

Hotel was very nice to stay at for business. Right on the ocean for a nice view and access to the boardwalk and many nice restaurants close by. The Timbuktu restaurant in the hotel was also very good. Also had good music playing the lobby all day long.

Business center was very nice with two computers and printers.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business
vboceanfront, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Virginia Beach Oceanfront North, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2011

Thank you for taking time from your busy day to write about your recent stay at the Hampton Inn Virginia Beach Oceanfront North, and for your kind words. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and that the hotel was conducive to your business purpose. We look forward to having the opportunity to welcome you back again soon!

Reviewed 28 December 2010

I have had the opportunity to spend quite a bit of time visiting the Virginia Beach area on business. I have chosen to stay at the Hampton Inn and am very pleased. The staff is excellent in every way. They are friendly, outgoing and more than willing to go out of their way to "serve the customer". All of the rooms are Oceanfront and very comfortable. Their "High Tea" was an awesome experience for my wife and daughter. Needless to say, but I make sure that the Hampton Inn is available when I am in Virginia Beach!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business

Thank you for your kind words and for taking the time to write a review! We are pleased that you "feel like part of the family" and we truly enjoy having you here! I want to thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn Virginia Beach Oceanfront North as your preferred hotel when you travel to Virginia Beach. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon!