The hotel was "home" for 6 nights for my 12 year old son and I while my son attended an all day lacrosse camp nearby. We had a discounted rate of $215.00 per night for a ocean front room, breakfast included. All of the rooms are ocean front, so there is nothing special there. We shared one room with two beds.
The good: Location and parking. The beach, literally right outside the front door. Walking distance to a full service grocery store for sandwiches, light meals, sundries. Free parking and never had a problem finding a space. The front desk staff was pleasant and helpful. Excellent check-in, check-out. Guest
laundry. Restaurant and bar reasonable with pleasant staff. Food at restaurant good.
The so-so: Housekeeping was minimal, despite my generous $10.00 daily tip to the housekeeper. There was a coffee maker in the room, but cups were never replenished.
The sheets were never changed (I would have appreciated one mid week change). One
day the bed was not made at all (personal items on the bed that housekeeping was not
allowed to touch, hence the bed was not made. Really.)
Breakfast was typical self service and the standard fare got old after seven days. The
constant light rock/pop music and TV were inescapable in the public areas. There was no
quiet area to sit and read or enjoy the sound of the waves. The chairs in the room were not
comfortable and the balcony was quite small. The pool was small and the water seemed
cloudy. However, I did witness the water being tested regularly and chemicals being added,
so I assume that an effort was being made to keep up with sanitation. Rooms were quiet
enough until July 1, when the hotel was at maximum occupancy.
The bad: I had a stopped up toilet on the first morning. A plunger was sent up quickly
enough and I fixed the problem myself. A homey touch that I could have done without. We,
along with 5 other guests, were stuck in a broken elevator for 10-15 minutes. Eventually
the staff was able to pry the door open. We used the stairs (6 flights for us) after that.
Fortunately, this occurred on the morning we were checking out. Internet was free, but
definitely not high speed. I did better with my 3G wireless.
Would I stay here again or recommend it to a friend? Maybe, but definitely not for 6 nights. Possibly one or two nights. This is not a hotel "where memories are made".
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hampton Inn Virginia Beach Oceanfront North is conveniently located in the desirable north end of the boardwalk. All 120 rooms are oceanfront featuring panoramic views of the beach and ocean. Enjoy a breathtaking ocean sunrise from your private balcony before heading downstairs to the complimentary breakfast buffet. At this Virginia Beach oceanfront hotel you get free WiFi, free onsite parking, and a microwave and refrigerator in every room. Relax or play in the waterfall grotto pool and hot tub. Enjoy an oceanfront dinner in the hotel restaurant, North Beach Bar & Grill, or walk to one of many restaurants along Atlantic Avenue. We look forward to an opportunity to provide you with a great stay! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Ebookers, Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Hampton Inn Virginia Beach Oceanfront North reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn Virginia Beach Oceanfront North Hotel Virginia Beach
- Virginia Beach Hampton Inn