“Friendly service and good location”

Hampton Inn Virginia Beach Oceanfront North
Ranked #3 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
GreenLeadersBronze level
New York, USA
“Friendly service and good location”
Reviewed 12 April 2012

We spent three nights in this hotel. All rooms have balconies overlooking the ocean. Our room was on the 7th floor with a king sized bed and lots of room. The walls of the hotel are good so our room was quiet at night. We enjoyed the big breakfast every morning - eggs, sausage, fruit, waffles, hot and cold cereal, etc. The servers were so friendly and accommodating. We were right on the boardwalk and near the newish center - Laskin Rd by the King Neptune statue. There is a small pool and jacuzzi open 24 hours; a business center is also open 24 hours. A minor suggestion - clean the chairs on the balcony. A wonderful place for couples, families, anyone. Highly recommended.

1 Thank OmaAnnie
vboceanfront, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Virginia Beach Oceanfront North, responded to this review, 17 April 2012
Thank you for reviewing us on TripAdvisor! We are glad that you enjoyed your room, the breakfast, and the other hotel features. Also, we appreciate your feedback about the balcony chairs, and will use it to help us improve. We clean the sliding doors and balcony furniture daily, but this can be a challenge with the wind, salt air and high pollen combination.

Thanks for recommending us and we look forward to your next visit!

At your service,
Rob Waddell, DOSM

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (302)
Durham, North Carolina
Reviewed 9 April 2012

I chose this hotel from among the other Hilton family members in Virginia Beach based not on only on the positive TripAdvisor reviews but also because of the responses to some of those reviews from the hotel management.

After booking online I found that I had an issue that could be dealt with best by discussing it with a member of the hotel staff so I called a few days ahead of our arrival. I was extremely disappointed in both the response and concern about my issue from the person I spoke with and ended up directing an email to Rob Waddell, the Director of Sales and the person whom usually responds to the comments about this hotel on TripAdvisor.

I heard from Mr. Waddell in a very timely manner and he not only made sure that any issues I had were immediately resolved but directed my concerns to both the General and Assistant General Manager to apprise them of my dissatisfaction so that additional staff training could be administered as necessary.

OK, that all said, I finally arrived on Good Friday afternoon. Fifi (excuse my possible misspelling) checked me in and oh, what a jewel to find upon arrival. As a HH Gold, I meet a lot of front desk personnel, but she is perhaps the friendliest and most welcoming I've ever found. That seemed to be indicative of the entire hotel. All of the staff went out of their way to acknowledge everyone they saw and I had some great conversations with several of the fantastic employees.

Our room was above the normal Hampton Inn standards, not that Hampton standards are below that of its cousins but because this hotel pays attention to detail. In every way. The studio suite was quite large and the furniture comfortable. Everything was spotless. Upon walking in the door we had tiled area that had a wet bar, microwave and a dorm sized fridge...not a mini fridge, which can make a big difference if staying for more than one night or you like beer. The huge bathroom was to the direct left. There was never a lack of hot water nor good water pressure and we were on the eighth floor. We had a room directly across from the elevator and ice machine which I normally avoid but the choice was my own this time because of our needs, and we didn't hear a sound!

The main suite consisted of a king size bed, an over-sized twin sofa bed (ill situated for TV viewing...we moved the furniture around to suit our needs), great desk and then the nice balcony overlooking the ocean. The views are fantastic with tankers going back and forth to the port, all day and night long.

Even the free breakfast was above what one would normally see at a Hampton. Not only were the servers as friendly and welcoming as everyone else in the hotel, but the variety of food was above par. The hot stations were replenished before the selection was half gone. You can actually eat your breakfast in their main restaurant dining room or the outside covered terrace and there is room for everyone. There was never a shortage of tables or seating as is the case with many of the smaller Hamptons.

I could keep on. TV pic is exceptional, fans in the bathroom, comfortable beds, no sound from your neighbors, the free wifi streamed Amazon and Netflix without any interruptions....there just wasn't a minus that I could find and I can be picky.

This was a great experience. There is a Hilton right next door. We checked it out. The lobby is fancier, the hotel is larger, we even wandered around opening closed doors and checked out the staging for the Easter Buffet they had set up for the next morning and got a quick visit from a guy in a suit. I guess we were on 'candid camera'. I talked to a few people that worked there. That's my thing. The warmth, the caring and maybe even the pride seemed to be missing. I was VERY happy to be staying at the Hampton.

Mr. Waddell, thank you for your help and especially for the handwritten note you had delivered to our room. Nice touch. There are literally tens and tens of hotels and thousands of rooms to choose from when staying at Virginia Beach. I think your service is what sets this hotel apart from the many others. We're looking forward to out next stay.

I would be very remiss if I didn't mention the young Afro-American gentleman with a laundry cart working there on Saturday morning whom I finally persuaded to join us on the elevator (he didn't want to crowd us). What a pleasure to talk with. He was witty, informative and 100% customer oriented. 100%. I hope that you will share my appreciation of our encounter with him. He, like the rest of the staff truly makes this hotel the epitome of customer service.

3 Thank RMH27707
vboceanfront, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Virginia Beach Oceanfront North, responded to this review, 10 April 2012
On behalf of the management and staff here, we sincerely appreciate your taking the time to post such an insightful review, and for your compliments about the staff and hotel! No doubt, your thorough review of the various aspects of your stay will be quite helpful to others considering the Hampton Inn Oceanfront North!

Recommendations from satisfied guests such as yourself are the highest compliment that we can receive, and tell us that we are succeeding in making each guest feel appreciated. Consequently, we will be discussing your comments not only at our management team meeting, but with the staff members that worked to make your stay exceptional, so that they are all recognized.

Again, our sincere thanks for choosing our hotel and for the kind review! We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Kind regards,
Rob Waddell, DOSM
Rehoboth Beach, Delaware
Reviewed 8 April 2012

We recently visited the Hampton Inn Oceanfront North, Hotel in Virginia Beach Virginia, the last week in March, and were pleasantly surprised at the very professional treatment of all the hotel staff. It is the small things that make a great hotel. This is an exceptional hotel for a Hampton Inn. It has a restaurant with a bar in it, as well as the normal breakfast area which both face the ocean. All the rooms face the ocean with balconies. Our room was on the top floor which we requested. The pelicans flew by us every 15 minutes. We could reach out and touch them. The indoor pool is a large size with a hot jacuzzi next to it. We will definitely
be coming back again in the future to this wonderful hhotel.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Baldwinsville, New York
Reviewed 8 April 2012

My sister and I spent 2 nights at this hotel recently visiting VA Beach for the first time. We were so happy that we picked the Hampton Inn. It's a great location for one, the room was just right, loved the bathroom, the beds were comfortable, the complimentary breakfast and the choices available was a nice surprise (and very good) and the employees were all nice and accommodating. We were on the third floor which was ideal since you can easily take the stairs instead of waiting for the elevator. No complaints at all!

Elkton, Virginia, United States
Reviewed 8 April 2012

early check in no problem. great location. great view. great room. full hot breakfast was great...tables in dining area a little cramped. attendants in the breakfast area very friendly and helpful.

South Bend, Indiana
Reviewed 7 April 2012

My sister and I just spent two nights at this wonderful hotel. The lobby is small, friendly, and inviting. The front desk receptionists, including Chris who was awesome, could not have made us feel more at home. Our room was nicely decorated-the place looked like it had recently had a face-lift. Everything had a fresh coat of paint, was nicely furnished,and the bathroom was large and beautiful. Our room faced the ocean and we saw dolphins swim by! We had drinks on our balcony one night and watched the sun rise the next morning. There is a large refrigerator and a microwave for those staying longer than we did. Free breakfast in the morning and one day it was warm enough that we ate on the patio. The parking is right next to the hotel in an open lot which made it so easy to come and go. We stayed in Room 309 and would wholeheartedly recommend a stay here!

Room Tip: Our room was very quiet and I imagine there's not a bad room in the place.