I really enjoyed our stay at this hotel. Great location with sufficient free parking. As with the Hampton line, free internet and free breakfast. The internet worked reliably. The breakfast was very nice and the staff deserve specific recognition as they are very welcoming and attentive throughout the breakfast hour. Also noteworthy was that the room contained a generous sized mini-fridge and a microwave.
I particularly like the size of this hotel. It has seven floors, all ocean front. Since it is not a humongous hotel, you do not have as big of an issue with population density - simply put, you do not feel crowded or over-run by the masses.
While I would definitely stay again and I would definitely recommend it to others, there are 2 points why I did not rate this hotel a 5:
1. There was minor mold break out on the ceiling of the bathroom above the shower fixtures (room 711). I realize it is hard to keep up given the climate and low ceilings, but this is not a cheap hotel so it should be addressed.
2. All rooms are ocean front and priced accordingly. The view is critical. The windows were filthy when I arrived (in fact the former occupant had written in the grime). After 2 nights, I asked for some window cleaner at the front desk. The front desk did not want to give up their window cleaner so arranged to send someone to clean the windows. They did do this promptly AFTER I asked, but my big point here is that I should not have to experience dirty windows for 2 days and I should NOT have to ask - the windows should be clean on an ocean front room. I realize you may not want to put this burden on the housekeeping staff; however, it might make sense to have this on the housekeeping checklist so that it is examined and if not satisfactory, then the appropriate staff should be notified.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hampton Inn Virginia Beach Oceanfront North is conveniently located in the desirable north end of the boardwalk. All 120 rooms are oceanfront featuring panoramic views of the beach and ocean. Enjoy a breathtaking ocean sunrise from your private balcony before heading downstairs to the complimentary breakfast buffet. At this Virginia Beach oceanfront hotel you get free WiFi, free onsite parking, and a microwave and refrigerator in every room. Relax or play in the waterfall grotto pool and hot tub. Enjoy an oceanfront dinner in the hotel restaurant, North Beach Bar & Grill, or walk to one of many restaurants along Atlantic Avenue. We look forward to an opportunity to provide you with a great stay! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Hampton Inn Virginia Beach Oceanfront North reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn Virginia Beach Oceanfront North Hotel Virginia Beach
- Virginia Beach Hampton Inn