“Not the Hampton Inn We're Used To.”

Hampton Inn Virginia Beach Oceanfront North
Ranked #5 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 1 August 2013

Your room won't be ready by the check in time. The staff will go out of their way to make sure you don't get the type you've reserved. You will be lied to constantly and punished if you dare ask for the benefits you've earned and are paying for. If having a staff that could care less about you is your idea of a dream hotel, then go ahead and stay here. You will have a truly horrible experience.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
hamptonvboceanfront, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Virginia Beach Oceanfront North, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2013

We regret that your experience was not as you had expected. Although check-in time is 4:00 p.m., we always try to accommodate early- arrivals as rooms become ready, and this was the case with your 10:00 a.m. arrival. The room type concern is puzzling since at your request, the front desk manager actually upgraded you from the room type reserved to a king room because of your anniversary.

There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Virginia Beach Oceanfront North

Reviewed 31 July 2013

We only stayed one night, 07/28/13. The hotel is in a great location near shops and restaurants! We arrived a few hours prior to check in so the staff allowed us to park while we ate and waited for the room to become available. It is right next door to a park area for the kids to play. There was a beautiful view of the ocean from the balcony. There were alot of families there during our stay and the hotel room was not noisy. I would definitely stay here again. My only complaint was the lobby area isn't very large so it was very busy during check in/out.

Reviewed 31 July 2013

I found this hotel on the internet and read many outstanding reviews. I had never stayed at a Hampton Inn before, but I was willing to try it. I'm so glad we did. It greatly exceeded my expectations. It was excellent. It was very modern, clean and stylish in it's decor and furnishings. The room was fresh and clean and I fell in love with the white duvet on our beds. We stayed on the 2nd floor and the view of the ocean from our balcony was great. Every staff person I encountered was very friendly, especially the parking attendant and the wonderful lady making waffles at breakfast. With two teenage boys, the free breakfast was a real benefit and cost savings. The made to order waffles were a big hit and even the oatmeal was spectacular. Plus, I really liked the location of this hotel right near Neptune Park were we enjoyed a terrific outdoor concert on Friday night. I would definitely stay here again and would recommend it to my friends. Like many travelers, I am usually suspicious of many online reviews, but please believe me that my family's experience at the Hampton Inn Oceanfront North in July 2013 was genuinely great.

Reviewed 30 July 2013 via mobile

We got there early and were allowed to park in their oceanfront parking!, this simple courtesy made a huge difference. We spent all day at the beach, got the kids toys from the car, ate around the hotel, everything needed so close by!. Their pool is small and cloudy, certainly could be better. Now, who cares about the pool when you have the big ocean in front of you? The room had the standard clean feeling expected from Hampton Inn which is the reason I love their hotels. Breathtaking view of the ocean and boardwalk from balcony. The stay was wonderful and kids loved it!

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 29 July 2013

I had to recently travel for work to Virginia Beach and was able to stay at this Hampton Inn on 32nd st. This was one of the nicest and cleanest hotels I have ever stayed in. The staff are all so pleasant! And the towels are by far the softest I have ever experienced. I would recommend this hotel whether for work or pleasure...very pleasent!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Kathryn D
Reviewed 26 July 2013

Just stayed 5 nights (July 21-26, 2013) and had a great stay. Hotel location is great next to Neptune Statue and Neptune Park. Live music at night was great....A little crowded at times around the statue but not to bad. Restaurant at hotel was good. We ate twice during out stay and ate breakfast every am. Breakfast was very good and waffles great. Housekeeping did a great job. Hotel changed the carpet in the elevators while we where there so minimal wait time to get on. Check in/out took less than 2 minutes. Free Parking. Overall would recommend. This was our second time there. Husband went to VAPA conference at the hotel next door. We saved $ by staying here and getting free parking and free breakfast...room also has refrig and microwave.

Reviewed 26 July 2013

this hotel is one of the best hotels i have stayed in fantastic bedding very quiet staff is experienced surroundings are good i encourage anyone to try this hotel and see for themselves me and my family liked our stay are planning for another stay