“Bed Bugs - Be Aware”

Hampton Inn Virginia Beach Oceanfront North
Ranked #5 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Stayed over on June 18th in room 409. It was almost midnight and I was reading, I felt something crawling on my hand. It was a small bug. It ran onto the sheets where I squashed it. It stained the sheet red. I immediately got up and lifted the bed skirt, to my surprise there were old french fries and hair elastics under the bed skirt. I called the desk, they immediately switched me to another room. It was late and I could not leave. But I also could not sleep. I like to stay at Hampton Inns, but this place was not the same standards as other Hampton Inns. It was hot the hallways were not air conditioned. A fan at one end of the hallway was pushing some air around. The room was not clean and that is too bad because the view is amazing. My nice relaxing day at the beach, turned into me having to clean and wash everything before I bring it in my home and completely cleaning my car. I wrote this review and for some reason it is not making it on the trip advisor. Please post this.

Room Tip: Inspect the room before you bring your suitcases in. Hold them to the high standards that they say t...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
5  Thank blackwoods2013
hamptonvboceanfront, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Virginia Beach Oceanfront North, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

We apologize for the very unfortunate experience that you had at our hotel. Our guests’ health and safety is very important to us and is always a focal point of our property operations. Unfortunately, bedbugs can appear in any hotel, and what is important is a prompt and effective response to erradicate them. We appreciate that you brought this to our attention, and have used your feedback to help us improve.

There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Virginia Beach Oceanfront North

Reviewed 18 June 2014

I normally stay in the Hilton Oceanfront next door but decided to give this place a shot. Not only is it more affordable but you have private balcony's (I had to see drunk idiots trying to hand pizza to their downstairs neighbor a couple weeks ago at the Hilton), quiet rooms and the same access to everything around here. I travel for business and this is my new spot!

Room Tip: Ask for the higher floors for the best view.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Sand soccer weekend every hotel on the beach is full. A true test of a hotel. Two years in a row we have stayed at Hampton Inn. I booked almost 6 months in advance and did not get the floor I asked for. Aside from that (and the price-gouging during this weekend - $260/night), they handled the crush and mayhem well. Enough food at the buffet for quick in and out, polite and efficient staff, and free parking. Wifi worked fine in the rooms. It you can get this hotel for a "normal" Hampton Inn price, it is worth the money. For what we paid, I wanted to be at the Ritz-Carlton.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
hamptonvboceanfront, Manager at Hampton Inn Virginia Beach Oceanfront North, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Thank you for writing a review and staying with us for Sand Soccer Weekend! Unfortunately when guests request a particular room floor - we cannot guarantee it. Mainly for reasons such as guests that will already be in the hotel, etc. For Sand Soccer weekend, each year we sell out and with the weekend also being a large competition- our rates are slightly higher. I hope that you enjoyed your time here and chose to stay with us again in the future. Thank you again for writing a review. Have a fantastic day!

-Brittany Nosay

Reviewed 16 June 2014

great location, good value, clean rooms....breakfast was good as usual. All rooms face ocean which is great...just be sure to ask for an upper floor room so you can leave the door open to hear the ocean. I had a first floor room....beautiful, but I missed out on the sound.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
hamptonvboceanfront, Manager at Hampton Inn Virginia Beach Oceanfront North, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Thank you for writing your review and your wonderful comments! I'm glad you had a fantastic time for your birthday! For reference - our Premium View rooms are the 4th floor and above. Book those and you're sure to enjoy the Ocean! We hope to serve you again for your next birthday celebration!

Have a delightful Monday!

- Brittany Nosay

Reviewed 15 June 2014

We're not really beach people in the typical sense, but we wanted to have a look at Va Beach and explore the area. The Hampton Inn at 31st and Atlantic really filled the bill. It is one of two Hampton Inns at the beach, and occupies a prime site next door to the Hilton and just up the beach a few dozen yards from the giant Neptune statue that is a local landmark and symbol. We lucked out with a room on the 8th floor -- highest floor they've got and the front-desk staff were very helpful about enabling us to book in for an extra night. The room was pleasant and clean, with a small balcony -- great view initially, and then on our last night the fog rolled in and it was a little like being up on our own private cloud. Air Con and internet worked very well, and our location nearly at the end of the corridor away from the elevators was quiet.

The surrounding area offers lots of restaurant and entertainment options -- we generally went further into Va Beach for lunches and dinners. but one good place in the area for breakfast is the Pocahontas Pancake House. There is a small cafe and bar in the hotel too.Parking is free, with a pass the front desk will issue you. The housekeeping staff were particularly friendly, as well as being quite effective at what they do.

Just one minor quibble: the hallways and some of the public spaces are not air-conditioned, which makes for some sweltering trips to and from your room. That said, we enjoyed our stay, and I was surprised at how much both of us liked Va Beach. Who knows -- we might become beach types in our old age...?

Room Tip: Higher floors give the best ocean views, obviously, and may well be a bit quieter --
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 June 2014

This was my first stay at a beach front hotel with Hampton. I was slightly disappointed with the housekeeping each day but I can understand that keeping up with sandy rooms from kids running in and out all day. Hotel rooms were nicely painted and decorated. Bedding clean and comfortable as expected and breakfast was good each day. Overall, a nice hotel with super friendly staff for a good rate.

• Stayed: June 2014

Thank you for writing a review and your positive comments! I am delighted you enjoyed your stay. Management is looking into the housekeeping issue. I hope that you come and stay with us again when you visit Virginia Beach!

-Brittany Nosay

Reviewed 9 June 2014

Great location, adequate parking, clean comfortable rooms. Hotel is very well maintained and the staff was very helpful and friendly. Wake up in the morning to a great view of the sun-rise. Hotel restaurant was good and reasonably priced.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank collarm
hamptonvboceanfront, Manager at Hampton Inn Virginia Beach Oceanfront North, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

Thank you for the review and the fantastic comments! I am delighted you had such a wonderful time here and we all hope you stay with us again on your next trip to Virginia Beach!

All the best,