Hampton Inn Virginia Beach Oceanfront North
US$190
Country Inn
US$145
US$135
Comfort Inn & Suites Oceanfront Virginia Beach(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
US$156
ComfortInn
Hilton Virginia Beach Oceanfront(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
US$294
US$258
  • Beachfront
Best Western Plus Sandcastle Beachfront Hotel(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
US$152
US$136
US$240
US$194
Oceanaire Resort Hotel(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
US$350
US$190
  • Pool
Best Western Plus Virginia Beach(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
US$105
US$94
The Founders Inn and Spa(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
US$137
US$134
Ocean Beach Club(Virginia Beach)
US$167
US$141
1,832 results
All reviewsbreakfast stafffree breakfastneptune statuethe breakfast areapool and hot tubfront desk staffevery morningthe north endhotel is in a great locationvirginia beach oceanfrontgreat view of the oceanoff seasonhotel restaurantdefinitely stay here againfamily vacationoceanfront roomboardwalk
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 June 2014

This is a tough one. Here is what is positive about the Hampton Inn Oceanfront North: great location, beautiful view from the balconies, nice breakfast, and friendly, pleasant staff. However, one glaring problem with this property was its cleanliness.
We arrived around midnight exhausted from the long drive in, and the room we were given was very dirty. There was a layer of dust under the bathroom sink, the mirrors in the bathroom and room were spotted and filmy, the toilet was not clean and there were hairs on the bathroom floor.When I picked up the phone to call the front desk, I noticed a crust of dirt on the earpiece and mouthpiece of the receiver. I called the front desk to let them know about this situation although I was too tired to switch rooms at this point. The woman at the front desk, Jagruti, was very apologetic and offered to upgrade our room. I ultimately agreed to this and Jagruti came to our room with new room keys. Jagruti was so kind and pleasant-she was a star. She escorted us to our new room, handling our luggage (we told her we would handle it, but she insisted) and ensured the room was acceptable to us in terms of cleanliness (it was much better than our first room, but definitely not without issue). She even offered us ice cream "on the house" as a treat after our ordeal. She is an asset to the Hampton Inn, as is her workmate who was with her at the front desk (didn't get her name but she worked nights and had long blonde hair) who was just as helpful.
When I went to bed that night, I looked up at the wall above my bed and there were small dust bunnies clinging to it. The next day when we opened up the curtains to our balcony, the sliding glass doors were filthy. Hand prints, finger prints, nose prints, and a general layer of dirt covered the glass. The view was amazing, but this definitely detracted from it. As it turns out, housekeeping does not clean the glass doors in the rooms (per our housekeeper) so a maintenance man was sent to do it. He was very pleasant as well and he did a wonderful job cleaning the glass. When housekeeping came to service the room later on, it began to make sense as to why these rooms were dirty. The bare minimum was done to clean the room. At one point, the housekeeper put her foot on one of the dirty towels in the bathroom and moved it around the floor to clean it. No dusting was done either. When my travel companion asked her to vacuum, the housekeeper had to run to the other end of the hall to retrieve it. This makes me feel like this is not standard practice. Don't get me wrong, the housekeeper was nice, but I got the feeling she was overwhelmed.
When I went to the pool later that day, the water seemed very clean. However, the walls/edge around the pool had what looked like a green, mold-like substance on it. Another small issue I encountered was that parking can be difficult. After doing some sightseeing, I arrived back at the hotel at around 2230 and there were NO spots to be had, even though I had a parking pass associated with my room. One of the staff at the front desk ended up moving his vehicle so I could park--I appreciated this more than he probably knows,
Ultimately, this hotel has a great foundation to be one of the better hotels on Virginia Beach--friendly, helpful, and pleasant staff, great location, gorgeous views, comfortable rooms and beds with lots of pillows. They even had Neutrogena bath products, which I loved. The problem here is the cleanliness. I certainly don't need a luxury hotel, but it's not an unreasonable expectation to want a clean room. That is what ultimately guides my choice of hotel when I travel. If the cleanliness of this hotel improved, it would be a perfect place to stay.

Room Tip: If you're traveling with someone who is elderly/disabled, ask for a room close to the elevators...otherwise, you're in for a long walk down a hot hallway.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank cabolina
hamptonvboceanfront, Manager at Hampton Inn Virginia Beach Oceanfront North, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and your wonderful comments about Jagruti and our staff! My apologies for the rooms and your inconvenience to move rooms at such a late hour. We have brought the above comments to housekeeping's attention and will ensure this will not be a recurring issue. Parking can become a problem at times but we ensure that vehicles parked here are either staff or guests only as best we can.
Thank you again for taking the time to write your review and we hope that you'll stay with us again when you visit Virginia Beach!

-Brittany Nosay
Sales & Marketing Manager

Reviewed 22 June 2014

I have stayed in some very nice Hampton Inns. This one was low on the quality. I was not surprised when I was told it had been another lower brand hotel. Maybe I am a bit choosey, I admit but as a Gold Hilton Honors member I was placed on the 2nd floor above the dining room and bar. I have never encountered this anywhere. Exact opposite accommodations from my profile.
Yes the room was clean but quite small and dated. The price was outrageous for the accommodation . I will return to Virginia Beach, but will never do a Hampton Inn there.

Room Tip: Call the hotel and ask for a higher floor. they all have room a/c units.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
hamptonvboceanfront, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Virginia Beach Oceanfront North, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry that your experience was not as expected. We researched your concerns, and found that as an HHonors Standard Rewards Stay, you were placed on the appropriate floor. The king room type request on your profile was accommodated despite this being an upgrade from the standard rooms reward.

The hotel was completely rennovated in 2008 when it became the Hampton Inn Oceanfront North in an attractive, resort theme. It has always been maintained to strict Hampton brand standards, and most of our guests enjoy their experience here.

Reviewed 22 June 2014

The hotel price might be pricey but it is reasonble. Very clean, comfortable, and great amenities. We travelled from Marylnd to celebrate my birthday and decided to stay at here at Hampton Ocean front. We are happy about our decision and would say that it is worth what we paid for. Comfortable bed, free wifi, and room coffees, what else could a guest ask for? There is also a bar downstairs and their prices are average. Great beer choices and I recommend to get the mussles (Yummm!)

Overall our stay is great and would definitely come back again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 June 2014

The price is a bit high but everything about my stay was great. I'm not sure why the price was as high as it was other the name of the hotel. The pool and hot tub was nice. The rooms are nice and okay in size.The continental breakfast was free but that is as much as I would be willing to pay for most of the food presented.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Stayed over on June 18th in room 409. It was almost midnight and I was reading, I felt something crawling on my hand. It was a small bug. It ran onto the sheets where I squashed it. It stained the sheet red. I immediately got up and lifted the bed skirt, to my surprise there were old french fries and hair elastics under the bed skirt. I called the desk, they immediately switched me to another room. It was late and I could not leave. But I also could not sleep. I like to stay at Hampton Inns, but this place was not the same standards as other Hampton Inns. It was hot the hallways were not air conditioned. A fan at one end of the hallway was pushing some air around. The room was not clean and that is too bad because the view is amazing. My nice relaxing day at the beach, turned into me having to clean and wash everything before I bring it in my home and completely cleaning my car. I wrote this review and for some reason it is not making it on the trip advisor. Please post this.

Room Tip: Inspect the room before you bring your suitcases in. Hold them to the high standards that they say they have.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
5  Thank blackwoods2013

We apologize for the very unfortunate experience that you had at our hotel. Our guests’ health and safety is very important to us and is always a focal point of our property operations. Unfortunately, bedbugs can appear in any hotel, and what is important is a prompt and effective response to erradicate them. We appreciate that you brought this to our attention, and have used your feedback to help us improve.