“Wonderful as always!!”

GreenLeadersBronze level
PA
“Wonderful as always!!”
Reviewed 22 January 2010

My husband and I stayed at this hotel last June for the third year in a row! We will be staying again this September. We truly can't say enough good things about this Hampton. Again the front desk staff was so polite and helpful! The bartenders and waiters at Timbuktu are just wonderful! They even call you by name when they see you (even if just passing in the halls). When did have one issue with housekeeping which was discussed and resolved. Another special thanks to Patrick for taking care of this for us!! He's great!! The free breakfast and a wonderful way to start your morning. And the view of the ocean from the rooms is amazing. Needless to say we are counting down the days to our September visit!! This will always be our hotel of choice in Virginia Beach. You can't go wrong here!!

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (294)
Maryland
Reviewed 8 December 2009

Hotel is located on the North end of Virginia Beach. Personally, I prefer this end of Virginia Beach, it is quieter and located near many upscale restuarants and shops. Hotel is newly renovated with all rooms facing the ocean. Until a few months ago, I had not stayed at a Hampton Inn in years. This is the third Hampton Inn I've stayed in this year, and I'm very impressed with the remodeling of each. Much nicer than the modest furnishings of the past. Hotel staff was friendly and helpful. Complementary breakfast included hot items and was available at 6:00AM. Also, they had "to go" bags if you didn't have time to enjoy breakfast in the dining room. Hotel has a spacious parking lot - a real plus for Virginia Beach hotel (don't have to deal with parking garages or side street parking).

• Stayed November 2009, travelled on business
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 6 December 2009

This was my first time to Virginia Beach, and I'm glad I chose this hotel. Excellent location, great view of the ocean and Christmas lights on the beach, well-appointed room, free wi-fi available, complimentary breakfast, very friendly staff. Very good value for the price paid - though I imagine prices are a lot higher during peak season. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled solo
Virginia
Reviewed 6 December 2009

Visited over Thanksgiving for the first time. Great place to enjoy the light shows along the beach and Neptune; we walked several times admiring all the Christmas displays. We prefer quiet family beaches during the season; crowds aren't for us. However, when you don't/can't get into the water and want to walk and enjoy, this central location was great. Breakfast was best I've found at a hotel. Room was clean and well appointed. Free wifi was also enjoyable for teen with homework to complete over the vacation. Balcony overlooking the beach refreshed our spirits. I'd return again in off-season, but if I were going during the summer season, I'd avoid anyplace like this just because of the crowds on the beach and off that must be there. Staff was friendly and the price was good for this time of year.

Stayed November 2009, travelled with family
Indiana
Reviewed 27 October 2009

My husband and I were very pleased with our stay at the Hampton. The view from our room was great as well as the location of the hotel. We walked to everything. The only thing we felt was missing was an outdoor pool. We would definetly go back.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
Richmond, VA
Reviewed 27 October 2009

My wife and I decided to go on a mini break to Virginia Beach in Virginia. We stayed at the Hampton Inn Virginia Beach Oceanfront North, as it's right where all the action is. The rates were great for our Jacuzzi Suite (big two-person tub and enough jets to blow you to the North Carolina border!). We saved someting like 45 percent off summer rates.
Ate at Timbuktu Restaurant there and had tasty rock fish because it's in season. We're coming back for the holidays so we can ice skate at Neptune Park (next to the Hampton Inn) and see all the Christmas stuff going on. It's only a two hour drive for us from Richmond.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
Roanoke, Virginia
Reviewed 22 October 2009

I had the opportunity to travel on business to Virginia Beach for a conference in early October. I was supposed to stay at the Hilton next door but the block of rooms reserved for the conference attendees had sold out when I called to make my reservation. The Hampton Inn was the backup or overflow location for the conference. I ended up very pleased the way things worked out. Not to knock the Hilton, because it was also beautiful, but was geared toward younger, partying types. The Hampton Inn was restful and I had a beautiful ocean view. The service was fantastic. I had dessert in the hotel's restaurant, Timbuktu, with my co-worker. I wish that I had been hungry enough to have an entire meal, as they looked and smelled wonderful coming out of the kitchen.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled on business