“Loved this place! :)”

Hampton Inn Virginia Beach Oceanfront North
Ranked #6 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 21 October 2010

We stayed here this pass weekend, and loved minute of it! The room is clean and comfortable. The hotel is in a prime beach spot, and the breakfast is as good as any place down the strip! Plus, it's free! Planning on returning in November! :)

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,784)

Reviewed 12 October 2010

Had an enjoyable stay in a clean room with a wonderful ocean view. Much better stay than I expected. Have canceled my reservations at the Sheraton and will stay here on my next trip.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 October 2010

We stayed at the Hampton Inn, on the beach, because we had never been there before. The location was great, but the hotel itself was fairly small for the price. There were 5 of us, 2 adults and 3 kids, 9,12,15. We could only stay for one night, because it was so expensive, but the kids loved the beach and ocean, which they don't get to see very often. The room was roomy and nice. However, I was a little disappointed in the cleanliness of the beach. I thought it would be a lot cleaner, since it is so famous. But they do clean the beaches at 5 am in the morning, I was up sitting on patio.and saw them. I must also say that they have a great complimentary breakfast every morning, all kinds of food to offer, I was impressed at that! Also, the bathroom in our room was huge, I was really surprised, really liked that space we had.. If I had the money to stay again, I would probably go back to that hotel.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 October 2010

Great, clean hotel with reasonably priced suites that are oceanfront. Very roomy, quiet rooms with a wet bar area. Nice location and can't hear the street noise! Have no complaints.
Did recommend to friends who stayed & enjoyed as well.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 September 2010

We wanted a hotel with access to the beach, and this was a "Fantastic Choice". The Boardwalk was outside our room, and the view of the sunrise was beautiful. The staff were very friendly, the front desk solved an issue with our room safe very quickly.
The Spa could have been cleaner, the corners of the spa were not asclean as I would have liked. I was dissapointed one evening with the restaurant, I asked for a dessert to take out, and the wait was 20 minutes or so, and the dessert looked like it was tossed into the container. The restaurant was not busy. The previous night I had the same dessert, which was presented very nicely.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 September 2010

We stayed here on the busy weekend of the Va Beach Neptune Festival.
They gave us a parking pass as soon as we arrived and our rooms were ready 4 hours early.
Furnishings were new and lovely, view of the ocean magnificent and we received service above and beyond the norm, as I had a sore foot and they brought a tub to soak it in and were most solicitous.
The complementary breakfast was different and delicious each day.
All in all, an excellent hotel with friendly, cheery staff!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 September 2010

My husband and I stayed here for one night the weekend after Labor Day and got one of the last non-smoking rooms for $189/night. Apparently there are festivals and events at VA Beach throughout September so they are tightly booked until October. All their rooms have ocean front views with balconies and floor to ceiling windows.

The location couldn't be better. You can leave via the side exit of the hotel and literally be on the boardwalk next to the beach within a few steps. It's a nice touch that they have a foot shower outside the side entrance door to clean off before you step back in.

The room had updated modern decor and was quite clean. The flat screen TV, microwave, mini-fridge, arched shower curtain rods, and clean plastic balcony chairs (with table!) were pluses.

I wouldn't mind staying here again on our next trip down to VA Beach.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple