Sheraton Oceanfront Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Belvedere Beach Resort(Virginia Beach)
View Hotel
Oceanaire Resort Hotel(Virginia Beach)
View Hotel
Ocean Beach Club(Virginia Beach)
  • Pool
Four Sails Resort(Virginia Beach)
View Hotel
Neptune Park Inn(Virginia Beach)
1,011 results
All reviewsstarwood pointsfusion restaurantfront deskacross the streetoceanfront roomindoor poolstarbucks coffeefree valet parkinghotel restaurantbreakfast buffetthe north endcity viewvalet serviceoverlooking the oceanbeds were very comfortablelabor dayfitness center
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 November 2013

We visit this hotel often as it is located close to my son's college. It's a beautiful property with bright vibrant decor, large comfy rooms with oceanfront balconies, great location, and a "better than the norm" oceanview restaurant and workout room (the ellipticals and treadmills all have an ocean/pool view, which is a nice touch). Also, the cleanliness of the rooms deserve a special shoutout -- housekeeping does a fantastic job. The 'very' white bathroom in our suite was truly the cleanest of any hotel I've ever stayed in (which includes the Ritz Carlton).

...and of course THAT BED!!! The word 'comfortable' doesn't even come close to describing the experience.

Another reason why I love this property is because the general area where it is located is undergoing a major transformation, and with each visit we are discovering more new stores and restaurants that are in walking distance to the hotel. If we must use the car, the valet service is fantastic. In fact, the whole staff is as professional as they come. Kudos to the general manager for orchestrating such a well run operation.

This is my 2nd review of this property, and my first review was critical of the SPG Platinum recognition (or lack thereof), but boy what a difference a few months can make! Tremendous improvement on that end. On this visit, however, I did experience issues with the wifi on my android device, which is the only reason this review isn't a 5. Other than that, it was a perfect stay.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Marie C
Tia M, Front Desk Supervisor at Sheraton Oceanfront Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to tell us about your recent visit to the hotel. I am happy to hear we were able to improve your welcome as a Platinum member with Starwood Hotels. We take great pride in our service and try to live up to brand standard 100% of the time. I have passed your comments about the Wi-Fi onto our maintenance department to see if there is something to look into. I hope we get to see you again very soon.

Reviewed 8 November 2013

We came for girls' weekend during off season. Our friend, who is a member, booked a room with points. The first room was an odd room without a real window and the bathtub under that "window". One visit to the front desk fixed that- the next room still showed some air vents from the roof, but we could see the ocean and was fine. The room was neat and clean. The bed was very comfortable and cozy. The lattes at the hotel restaurant were delicious. What really made the stay was JoAnn, our mixologist. Give her any flavor and she will make a delicious (and well made) cocktail. She was the best! Our server Chris was a really friendly guy too.

The only thing I would suggest is having some sort of free breakfast or at least coffee bar. I know the room has a coffee maker, but it's not the same as a good fresh brewed coffee.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Tia M, Front Desk Supervisor at Sheraton Oceanfront Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 November 2013

Thank you for telling us about your stay. I am happy to hear Joanne and Christ were able to make your girls weekend enjoyable. We take great pride in our staff and it is nice to hear when they were able to make a stay special. I hope we see you again in the future!

Reviewed 31 October 2013

From the front desk staff, bell staff, restaurant/bar staff to the housekeepers all were friendly and helpful. Hats off to Villia, JoAnn and Sharkey! You made me feel welcome and added a personal touch. Great bar beverages (thanks JoAnn) and awesome food (thanks Chef Sharkey). Chef went out of his way to create a meal and talk table side to me. Staff was professional and appreciated.

Room Tip: Go for Ocean Front rooms, pricey but nice views. Dont skip the bar/restaurant, great food.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Tia M, Front Desk Supervisor at Sheraton Oceanfront Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2013

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. I am happy to hear Chef Sharkey, Villa, and Joanna were able to make your stay extra special. We take great pride in the service we provide our guests and it great to hear when our team members have been successful. I hope we get to see you again soon!

Reviewed 29 October 2013

I had a good stay recently in VA beach at the Sheraton Oceanfront. Nice rooms and good service are definitely a plus. The location is pretty close to everything in the area. Great deal from Priceline Express Deals

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Tia M, Front Desk Supervisor at Sheraton Oceanfront Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2013

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. I'm so glad to see you had a great time and I hope we get to see you again in the future!

Reviewed 26 October 2013

Stayed 4 nights for a conference. Had an amazing view of the beach from my 10th floor balcony. Front desk and bellman staff were accommodating and helpful. Room decor is updated and colorful. Nice location on boardwalk with many things around.

Negatives: Bathrooms are very small, have to maneuver around to shut door, and had some maintenance issues (mold on shower ceiling and vanity grout). Adjoining doors allow too much noise transfer, could hear every word of the conversation next door. My Solution... Open balcony doors, go outside and listen to the sound of the ocean!

I would stay here again as long as I stayed in another ocean front room on a high floor. My traveling companions had both north and south facing rooms on the same floor, which had partial ocean views, but were not that special.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Tia M, Front Desk Supervisor at Sheraton Oceanfront Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2013

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. I am very happy to hear you enjoyed the view and your room. Thank you for telling us about the issues in the bathroom. This will allow our maintenance depart to address the concerns raised. I do hope we get to see you again in the future!