“Terrific staff”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Baltimore, Maryland
“Terrific staff”
Reviewed 8 June 2014

We have stayed at this hotel on several occasions and our recent stay did not disappoint. The hotel is located a few blocks from the more congested area of the boardwalk making it more quiet yet extremely accessible to local attractions, restaurants, bars, etc. The hotel is well maintained, the rooms and public areas are clean, the restaurant is good and the bar has a lovely view of the ocean. What makes this hotel special is the staff. They are always pleasant and go out of their way to be as helpful as possible. I highly recommend that you check it out.

Green Features: They have a linen reuse program and bins for recycling are easily accessible...in every room and right next to the trash can.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Dan R
Tia M, Front Desk Supervisor at Sheraton Oceanfront Hotel, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
Thank you for your wonderful comments about our staff. It is great to hear they were able to make your stay special and enjoyable. I hope that means we will get to see you and your family in the future!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (246)
VA
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Thank you to the Sheraton for a wonderful weekend stay. The bedding was so comfortable. The room was clean, with a balcony and great ocean view. The food at the restaurant was excellent. My husband is still raving about the crabcakes. Last, but not least, the staff was pleasant, knowledgeable and helpful. I would stay again, and recommend to friends.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank TBaby1004
I am very happy you had a great stay with us. You can purchase the Sheraton Sweet Sleeper online and the Sheraton website, if you want to take the bed home with you. We can't wait to have you come visit us again.
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed 2 June 2014

This was a beautiful hotel and the location was perfect. We were only about 5 blocks from Catch 31, the restaurant with the fire pits by the Neptune statue and the pavilion with live music! The hotel room was nice and the bathroom. The pool was beautiful but was too cold to get in (for me) over Memorial Day weekend. The only complaint we had was the room service but we will definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: the cabana rooms look right out over the pool and ocean!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for telling us about your stay. I am happy to hear you had a great time. I apologize room service was unsatisfactory, but I am glad you are going to come see us again. We love having repeat guests. Please let us know if there is anything more we can do for you on your next trip!
Hyattsville, Maryland
Reviewed 1 June 2014

The service was excellent...from the valets to the front desk staff. I felt well taken care of and all of my needs were tended to. It was a girls weekend and I enjoyed myself. The linens and bed were clean and I had the best sleep I've had in a while.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Tia M, Front Desk Supervisor at Sheraton Oceanfront Hotel, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Thank you for telling us about your trip. I'm so happy you had a great time, and we hope to see you again the future.
Chesterfield, Virginia
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Sheraton hotel room was exceptionally clean and the linens and bed were super comfy and clean! A must stay for anyone with children. The outdoor pool was clean and spacious. Staff was very helpful and polite.

• Stayed August 2013
Thank you for telling us about your stay. I'm glad you had such a wonderful time and we can't wait to see you again. Don't forget you can stop by Sheraton.com to buy the Sweet Sleeper bed and the linens.
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed 28 May 2014

The last of the long overdue reviews. I came here to meet up with family for the weekend. Our room was really nice and spacious and there was a nice view of the harbor. It was too bad that the weather was overcast during the time we were there and didnt cleared up until we were leaving. The weather didn't stop us from getting around though. We were within walking distance to the nearest mall. The hotel was crowded but the staff was courteous throughout the entire stay. Breakfast felt like walking through Grand Central in New York, it was really crowded! The made to order omelets were great! I went back twice. Despite the rainy weather I enjoyed my stay. I'm a fan!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank snarkytraveler
Thank you for telling us about your stay. I am very happy to hear you had a great time, and enjoyed breakfast in our Fusion Restaurant and Lounge. We can't wait to see you again in the future.
Chesapeake, Virginia
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We stay here off season with our dog frequently and always enjoy our stay, and it will still be our first stop in fall and winter. We will likely avoid May, however, when it's busier, and I wanted to warn others, as they definitely have a problem with their smoke-free hotel policy. I called twice for 2 different guests smoking in the room next door and reported it to housekeeping as well (first guest smoked even after we complained, second guest did not). It comes right into the room through the connecting door, even when stuffing towels around it. Then walking back into the hotel the last night, someone actually dropped a hot, still lit butt right next to me from a balcony above the restaurant, which landed inches away from my dog and me returning from a walk. I couldn't believe it. I looked up to see him entering his room and closing the sliding door. Just a very frustrating stay for someone who cannot be around smoke and trying to stay at a smoke-free hotel. They need to police that better if they want to state they are smoke-free. It would be easy to have a manager or employee routinely walk each floor to check for cigarette (the room next to us actually had cigar and/or cloves in addition to cigarettes! It really stunk) smell and handle it before non-smoking guests must call.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank WithMyDog
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. I am happy to hear we will see you in the fall. But, I apologize you had to deal with other guests and their smoking. We do enforce the policy as best we can by charging the guest a $200 fee when we are notified they had smoked in the room. I hope you have safe travels this fall and winter.