“Absolutely Wonderful Stay !!”

Sheraton Oceanfront Hotel
Ranked #38 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 14 August 2010

I'm not the best trip planner around, but my wife left me in charge of planning our summer family vacation this year. She wanted a suite for extra room so the kids could go to sleep and we could stay up and not wake them. As luck would have it, all the higher end resorts that offered suites were booked. Lucky for me the Sheraton Ocean Front had availablity. It wasn't a suite, but the room was more than comfortable and very clean. The only downside is that the bathroom was a bit on the small side. The beds were probably the most comfortable beds I have ever slept on, that includes my own at home. The entire staff was very professional, helpful and very friendly. The complimentary valet parking was awesome! Cars where brought up airconditioner cranking (great because the temp was over 95), doors where opened for my two kids and my wife. Fantastic Service. The restaurant, Vi Aqui, was great as well. The two outdoor pools where very clean and not over crowded. I could go on and on about the great experience my family and I had here. I would definitely come back ! Oh yeah, the other thing is that it is located on the upper north end so it was nice an quite at night. If your looking for more nightlife, it's a short walk south to get to the craziness.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
skrall, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Oceanfront Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2010

I am so glad that you and your family chose to stay here at Sheraton Virginia Beach Oceanfront. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and that we were able to exceed your expectations in several areas. We are proud to have the Sheraton Sweet Sleeper Bedding Package and delighted that you found it so comfortable. Many of our guests are purchasing the bedding package at sheraton.com. Again, thank you for allowing us to accommodate you and your family during your vacation.

Reviewed 14 August 2010

Overall I came away from a 5 night stay at this hotel with a positive impression.

I was not happy upon check-in when I found that a room upgrade meant a bed downgrade (king to 2 doubles). I was dissastified and the front desk was not helpful. So I asked to speak with a manager and Jay assisted me and helped improve my stay.

Breakfast with the room rate was a good deal (only $11 pp if you don't have it included).

The elevators are awful as other people have commented, 2 small boxes that don't properly accomodate the large number of rooms, but there is no way around this. The stairs are well lit and easy to find so if you aren't too high take these (without baggage of course).

The 2 outdoor pools are lovely, 1 was seldom used because it got shady mid-day which was great to come back to after the beach. The other pool has a tiki bar with $5 daily drink specials. The indoor pool is nice too, and tends to fill up when it's rainy (which we incurred too often on this trip unfortunately).

Bed quality excellent, what you expect of a Sheraton. Maid serivce good. Hotel employees friendly and helpful.

Negatives are cost - $300 a night. Unless all ocean side hotels in VA beach charge this I thought it was high.

Also I would have expected some more amentities such as more than the bare basic toiletries, bathrobe and slippers. I was disappointed in this from a 4 star sheraton. But everything else in the room was nice.

From a city POV-VA beach has tons of nightlife and fmaily entertainment. Walk down towards 31st street and the Hilton has live bands most nights. Take the tram/bus for $1pp down to 7th street for more entertainment on the board walk. A great location for family & couples.

Overall I would recommend this place. We used a combination of points & cash for the room so I would encourage you look for a deal.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
skrall, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Oceanfront Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2010

I am glad to hear that you left the Sheraton Virginia Beach Oceanfront with a positive impression. We strive to exceed every guest’s expectations every time. Please accept my sincere apology for not being able to do this upon your arrival. I am happy to hear that Jay was able to improve your stay and that you enjoyed our outdoor and indoor pools as well as the bed quality in your guest room. Thank you for staying at the Sheraton Virginia Beach Oceanfront and we look forward to serving you again in the future.

Reviewed 14 August 2010

Arrival was 4pm, the check in was fast, accurate and courtieous. The hotel is full service and QUALITY FULL SERVICE. The room was a beautiful decor, very clean, and very well kept. The furniture was like-new and they provide a refridgerator and coffee maker with complimentary Starbucks.
The view at oceanfront was breath-taking, especially being on the 9th floor!! The beds were extremely comfortable, even the pull out bed in the couch. Room service was very quick and the food was excellent in taste and preperation either hot or cold meals. The Hotel Restaurant was superb for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. The view while seated in the restaurant, was of the beachfront. The hotel is located in a perfect location, walking distance to all popular attractions. Without question, we WILL be coming back to stay at the Sheraton Oceanfront Hotel in Virginia Beach, Va.!!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank ElaineHRY

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us at Sheraton Virginia Beach Oceanfront. I am glad that you were able to enjoy the views of the ocean while dining in the Hotel Restaurant, Aqua Vi, during your stay. Our restaurant staff were excited to hear that you were so pleased with your meals and their service. Thank you for all of your comments.

Reviewed 10 August 2010

Staff was excellent very helpful, check in was pretty easy, staff overall was great....now lets get to the condition of the hotel...I know its oceanfront and that can put a toll on a hotel but geez....its like sheraton spent all their money on the lobby, restaurant and bar but nothing on the rooms. I reserved two rooms through my pts as I'm a SPG Goldmember. The rooms we got at first glance were clean but when you get down and look on the carpet you see stains where the refrigerator is, stains on the bed sheets and I found cobb-webbs (spelling?) in the corners of the room. We have a 14 mth old so we brought our own sheets. I would recommend that to everyone. Bathrooms are small and need updating. We weren't in the rooms long but pretty dissapointed in sheraton. I would have to rate this hotel a 5 out of 10. Staff great, hotel condition not so great. Location is ideal. Pool usually runs out of towels by mid afternoon so you may have to bring some from you room. Even as a spg member i would really have to consider staying here. Good thing we used our pts as I would not pay $259 a night for this place.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family

Our staff strives to exceed each of our guests’ expectations therefore, I am very pleased to know that our staff left you with a memorable impression during your stay. However, I am disappointed in knowing that you did not find our guest rooms and services desirable. As a SPG Gold Member, your feedback is truly valued and will be taken into consideration Thank you for your comments.

Reviewed 7 August 2010

Our stay at the Sheraton was perfect. We had an Oceanfront room that had a great beach view. The room was very clean and was not at all worn. You really dont spend very much time in your room anyway. The staff really goes out of their way to make your stay pleasant. Best service I have had in a long time. We will use this hotel again!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family

Thank you so much for your kind words. Our staff will be so pleased to know that they were able to exceed your expectations and make your stay so enjoyable. We are genuinely thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay here with us at Sheraton Virginia Beach Oceanfront and look forward to your return.

Reviewed 6 August 2010

the customer service staff was very friendly and helped us with everything we needed or wanted the view was the best view of the ocean we watched the dalphins in the water from or room everything was wonderful and when i go back to va beach i will be staying at the shereton hotel oceanfront the room was clean and everything i wanted and more

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for all of your thoughtful comments. I am pleased that you were able to enjoy the oceanfront views and watch dolphins from your room here at Sheraton Virginia Beach Oceanfront. We look forward to serving you in the future.

Reviewed 6 August 2010

Do not go to this hotel. If you have a reservation, cancel! We arrived yesterday after traveling for 8 hours from northern new jersey and as soon as I walked in, we knew it was a problem. It was so crowded, but the lobby looked ok and the the small bar area with view of beach looked nice. The front desk staff was very nice and we didn't get a room on an upper floor as the reservationist said we would so we went to look at the jacuzzi room. 3rd floor, garbage in the halls. old glasses from rooms up and down. We opened the door and the smell of chlorine was overwhelming. the jacuzzi was at least a quarter of the room under what looked like a basement window. The sofa looked very used and when i stood on the side of jacuzzi to look out the only window, it was a rooftop. that is the only window in the room. OMG. We got our money back and then had to drive around for 3 hours to find another hotel because of course everything else was booked. that room was 259 per night. i know it is oceanfront hotel, but a basement window. I told the reservationist we were 5 people and that is the room he gave us. it is unbelievable. i don't care what your standards are, i would never bring my daughters into a room like that. hope this saves someone some money. good luck

1  Thank karenbearcountry

I truly apologize for the inconveniences that you experienced during your visit at the Sheraton Virginia Beach Oceanfront. Unfortunately, our Jacuzzi rooms are considered privacy rooms therefore they do not have views of the outdoors. They also have one King size bed and therefore do not comfortably accommodate a family of 5. I was very sorry to hear that we were not able to accommodate you with any other room type due to our occupancy levels and that your family was inconvenienced with finding another accommodation for your stay. While I understand that you were extremely dissatisfied with the room provided, I truly appreciate your feedback.