Neptune Park Inn
Hilton Virginia Beach Oceanfront(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
US$260
US$245
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
The Founders Inn and Spa(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
US$137
US$115
Groupon.com
US$163
Ocean Beach Club(Virginia Beach)
US$234
  • Pool
Best Western Plus Virginia Beach(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
US$178
US$160
US$297
Hampton.com
Holiday Inn & Suites North Beach(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
US$283
US$252
Comfort Inn & Suites Oceanfront Virginia Beach(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
US$215
US$186
ComfortInn
US$386
US$343
GardenInn.com
US$162
Hotelpower.com
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 8 August 2013

I read a lot of bad reviews on this place however I must say for just sleeping and showering and spending the rest of the day at the beach, it was worth the money. We checked all the surrounding hotels and the prices were almost double of the Neptune Park Inn. Yes, the place is a little outdated and run down however this was perfect for our low budget vacation! This hotel is across the street from the beach but we still had a great view! The rooms, though a little worn, were clean and spacious enough. Our A/C was ice cold and we had a nice ocean view balcony. The staff was very pleasant and the hotel had a beautiful roof top pool! I would stay here again!

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 8 August 2013

My husband and I stayed from 8/4-8/7th (2013) for our anniversary and we had a wonderful time!! After reading the reviews I was a little worried. The hotel was perfect for what we needed. Beach access was great and the location is amazing. It's right next to Neptune Park which had live bands each night we were there. The rooftop pool was very cool and refreshing! We went night swimming and heard the Wailers perform right below us.

A lot of people on here complained about the breakfast. I'm not really sure what they were expecting, but they had bagels, mini muffins, cereal, fresh fruit, oatmeal, yogurt, juices, and coffee. If you want something else I'd bring it yourself. (My husband and I brought everything bagels and peaches so we always enjoyed the breakfast.) The food goes quickly but the staff does a wonderful job replenishing the food and keeping the area clean. Some hotels don't offer breakfast so if it's free- don't complain.

My husband and I didn't spend A LOT of time in the room so it didn't need to be real crazy. We didn't have a refrigerator or microwave, but we brought a big cooler to serve that purpose and there's a microwave downstairs anyway.

For the price (we paid $91/night through a booking website) it was all we needed. If you're high maintenance I guess try somewhere else but for the value you can't beat it. I will def. plan on staying here again in the future. It saved us a lot of money so that we were able to go out and do other things and enjoy ourselves.

The ONLY recommendation I have is to request a room on a higher floor. We were on the second floor and the view kinda sucked because the balcony didn't have the bars and ours was on the end (if you look at the pic. of the hotel you'll know what I mean). If we stay here again I'm going to request a room on the 3-5 floor to get a better view of the gorgeous beach!

Room Tip: Bring a cooler incase you don't have a fridge and request a higher floor to get a better view of the beach.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Megan R
Reviewed 4 August 2013

After reading the reviews I was very skeptical about staying here. However, based on room tips I asked for a room on the 5th floor at the end of the left side of building. The view was wonderful. We could see the ocean very clearly from our room, not exactly the same as being on the boardwalk but still nice. When I checked in I was overcharged for my room. Luckily, I knew how much it should be and after explaining everything to the front desk clerk she refunded me $69.00. Be aware of the total before you go! The staff that I encountered were all very nice. The rooftop pool was not huge but had a great view.They have have a superb maintenance man(I wish I would have gotten his name). Our breakfast was adequate and had everything I expected for a FREE continental breakfast. We had fresh fruit, yogurt, cereal, coffee. juice, bagels, toast and other pastries every morning. The breakfast lady does a fantastic job keeping up with everything especially cleaning and is a very hard worker. I would suggest staying on the fourth floor. It seemed cleaner than the fifth. The elevator was a bit slow and had lots of air in the hydraulics causing it to bounce every time it stopped. Check in was very fast for us. We arrived around two and checked in right away. The bathroom is very small. At first glance the room is fairly clean, however we found paper, fruit loops and other things under the bed. Our sheets were nice and clean. The beds were comfy. The room had a good bit of storage for five girl's :). The internet connection is NOT good. Any time we had a request for extra towels, toilet tissue or anything else they were very quick in responding. :) We did find two live bugs(dead now) in our room that we believe may have been roaches. If it weren't for the bugs I would stay here again. I felt overall it was a good value for the price I paid. Booking.com offers the best prices at this hotel. I hope this review is helpful. I have stayed in many hotels over the years so I tried to give a very detailed review.

Room Tip: Rooms on left side of building have the best beach view however there is a BP gas station right outside of rooms on end. Stay on fourth floor to avoid wet floors due to pool and get better housekeeping.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 August 2013

I stayed here for a cheer convention in May. The weather was still cool so there was not a lot going on at the beach. This hotel is actually directly across the street from the beach but you can still see the beach from your room. Check-in was very slow, only one person working the desk, and the room was not very clean. We found a beer bottle under the bed and the bathroom tub was dirty and super small! The only good thing about this location is its proximity to the beach and the Neptune concert stage and statue. But if you have some extra money, find a nicer spot!

• Stayed: May 2013
2  Thank Andrea L
Reviewed 16 July 2013

We were in Va Beach over the weekend (7/12 - 7/14/13) for a wedding that was being held at the nearby Hilton. Rooms at the Hilton were $300 plus a night and I was paying for three rooms/two nights and Neptune Park was half that. So we stayed at the NPI. Adequate is about all I can say. Our rooms were relatively clean and the beds were fairly comfortable. Other than that I`d give it a half star. Breakfast was poor and held in a very small room off the very small lobby. Elevator was scary. Most positive thing about this place was its close proximity to the Hilton and the beach was across the street. As the old adage goes, you get what you pay for, and that is the bottom line with the NPI (and it still cost me $1100).

Room Tip: No real "GOOD" rooms.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family