“Overall good for what we needed!!” 3 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Neptune Park Inn
Ranked #101 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
King of Prussia, Pennsylvania
“Overall good for what we needed!!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2013

After reading all the reviews my husband and I were skeptical but decided to try it any way because it was cheap and right at the beach. To start, their staff was very friendly and helpful. Except housekeeping. We were on the 5th floor which I would highly recommend the top floor because the view was great!! The house keeping lady asked us everyday what we needed instead of just cleaning everything. We got fresh sheets in the middle of the week but other than that all she did was vacuumed and change the trash. That was fine with us because we're not picky. The floors in the hallway definitely needed to be deep cleaned but just wear shoes. The best part was the free breakfast! There was an assortment of pastries and mini bagels and bread plus cereals yogurts,and fruit. They also had tons of different creamers for the coffee. The breakfast lady was on top of everything and was very clean... Saved us a lot of money not having to eat out for breakfast also!
We did not have a fridge in our room because it was an extra $20 a day but we just used ice in a bucket for what we needed cold.
No bugs or anything gross that we saw.
Our experience there was great and literally 3 second walk to the beach with a shower right there off the board walk.

Good luck!!

2 Thank Cassie B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Manassas, Virginia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2013

I read the reviews and then was swayed by a co-worker to stay ont he premise that is was much nicer and folks will always pick...OK let me just say I am sure there are worst but this hole is in the top 5 WORST EVER hotels to stay in. I will say the Front Desk employees were very helpful and nice upon check in and check out 20 minutes later. There are so many complaints I have I do not where to start but the main ones are the room was AWFUL, it was seedy, dingy, dark, poorly cleaned, lights out, toilet was scary, bed was scarier and the balcony didnt even have chairs!! That lasted all of 20 minutes and thankfully when we went back down to complain before I could even say a work the front desk clerk knew I was not having it and promptly called the management and I recieved my money back. This hotel is in a good location as far as not being directly on the ocean front but it has an ocean view however, it needs a MAJOR overhaul and someone that takes pride in their establishment not just rip people off with these awful accomodations. I was beyond disturbed at this filthy, ratchet hole in the wall and please pay the extra to stay in a reputable hotel on the Ocean Front..I will NEVER again take my chances.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Jennifer T
New York City, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2013

Do not stay at this bug infested and filthy dump.
Front desk staff was rude upon arrival, I should have realized this was the beginning of a nightmare. Lobby smelled like garbage. Rooms were filthy upon arrival, bedding was torn, I was scared because my room door looked like it was broken into. I slept with my suitcase up against the door. Still waiting for the manager to send a refrigerator up to my room after requesting one 60 days in advance. Internet never works. I checked out 5 days before my time. The rude clerk at the front desk called her gang members to fight my husband because he asked about the Internet. This hotel needs to be closed down or get help from Hotel Impossible. Everyone that checked in checked out the following day. Do not stay at this hotel even if you are desperate.

Room Tip: Do not stay at this hotel
4 Thank Judith B
Parkersburg, West Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2013

It was in a great location but the rooms were ehh, and the elevator was scary to say the least. The free breakfast was of just your basic cereal and plan beagles. There was a HUGE cockroach that was in the elevator with us at one point. I will was that the staff was very friendly and helpful but next time i will pay the extra 30 a night for a nicer place.

7 Thank Holly W
Henderson, North Carolina, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2013

This is a great location with a lot of things to do, concert stage across street ,able to walk to the beach , a lot of places and shops and places to eat in walking distance, but the staff was lazy and didn't care ,They did not clean our room the whole time we were there, we got there on Thursday the 8th to the 11th of August 2013 ..The elevator was small hot and shook when it stopped at the floors and broke down twice. I had to get my own towels and washrags every day, and empty my own trash, and the toilet was stopped up and when we told the front desk we were brought a plunger and had to plung the toilet every time we used it and I had 2 little kids with me .We asked them for another room but they were booked up they said , and to top it all off they charged my debt card 100 dollars to much and they gave me a stupid excuse that it was a hold on my card till I checked out, and they said they would give me a credit of 50 because I had to plung my toilet , witch is nothing for what we went through, and I have not seen any of it as of yet , A vacation I thought, was so you can rest and relax ,,but I had to clean my room and hunt down towels and washrags and toilet paper and plung a stopped up toilet every time we used it ..
I would not recommend this place to anyone , it has good rates but I would pay a little more rather than go through this again..

Room Tip: Don't go there .
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
7 Thank decollinsdhttk
Upstate New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2013

I read a lot of bad reviews on this place however I must say for just sleeping and showering and spending the rest of the day at the beach, it was worth the money. We checked all the surrounding hotels and the prices were almost double of the Neptune Park Inn. Yes, the place is a little outdated and run down however this was perfect for our low budget vacation! This hotel is across the street from the beach but we still had a great view! The rooms, though a little worn, were clean and spacious enough. Our A/C was ice cold and we had a nice ocean view balcony. The staff was very pleasant and the hotel had a beautiful roof top pool! I would stay here again!

• Stayed August 2013
Elkton, Maryland, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2013

My husband and I stayed from 8/4-8/7th (2013) for our anniversary and we had a wonderful time!! After reading the reviews I was a little worried. The hotel was perfect for what we needed. Beach access was great and the location is amazing. It's right next to Neptune Park which had live bands each night we were there. The rooftop pool was very cool and refreshing! We went night swimming and heard the Wailers perform right below us.

A lot of people on here complained about the breakfast. I'm not really sure what they were expecting, but they had bagels, mini muffins, cereal, fresh fruit, oatmeal, yogurt, juices, and coffee. If you want something else I'd bring it yourself. (My husband and I brought everything bagels and peaches so we always enjoyed the breakfast.) The food goes quickly but the staff does a wonderful job replenishing the food and keeping the area clean. Some hotels don't offer breakfast so if it's free- don't complain.

My husband and I didn't spend A LOT of time in the room so it didn't need to be real crazy. We didn't have a refrigerator or microwave, but we brought a big cooler to serve that purpose and there's a microwave downstairs anyway.

For the price (we paid $91/night through a booking website) it was all we needed. If you're high maintenance I guess try somewhere else but for the value you can't beat it. I will def. plan on staying here again in the future. It saved us a lot of money so that we were able to go out and do other things and enjoy ourselves.

The ONLY recommendation I have is to request a room on a higher floor. We were on the second floor and the view kinda sucked because the balcony didn't have the bars and ours was on the end (if you look at the pic. of the hotel you'll know what I mean). If we stay here again I'm going to request a room on the 3-5 floor to get a better view of the gorgeous beach!

Room Tip: Bring a cooler incase you don't have a fridge and request a higher floor to get a better view of...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple