Holiday Inn Va Beach-Oceanside (21st St)
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Econo Lodge Oceanfront(Virginia Beach)
Capes Hotel(Virginia Beach)
Marjac Suites(Virginia Beach)
View Hotel
Ocean Sands Resort(Virginia Beach)
Atrium Resort(Virginia Beach)
View Hotel
19 Atlantic Hotel(Virginia Beach)
View Hotel
All reviewssip sipfront deskacross the streetoverflow parkingindoor pooloff seasonparking spotview from the balconychecking inboardwalkoceanhousekeepingsandhousekeeperdolphinstrash
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 June 2012

We spent two nights in Virginia Beach at the Holiday Inn oceanside. It was a great hotel and we would definitely go back. The room had a perfect set up for entertaining if you were traveling with a group. Its a good location being right in the middle of the boardwalk strip. It was very clean and nice furnishings.

Room Tip: All rooms are on the beach. We were on the 7th floor so had a good view.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Joe H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Va Beach-Oceanside (21st St), responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2012

Thank you for the great comments and I must say it is a pleasure working with the team here at the Oceanside Holiday Inn. The 5 million dollar renovation that was just completed two months ago has set us apart from everyone us on the oceanfront.

Reviewed 21 May 2012

I love the location of this hotel at the oceanfront with balconies overlooking the ocean. Despite check-in time being 3 pm, they checked me in at noon at no extra charge. The room and bath were very clean and in perfect condition, and the corporate green is pleasing to the eye :)

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
Joe H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Va Beach-Oceanside (21st St), responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2012

Thank you for the comments on the guest room and hotel. We look foreward to serve you again when you are in the Virginia Beach area.

Reviewed 8 May 2012

The recent reviews on Trip Advisor regarding the updated decor for this Holiday Inn was my reasoning for booking for a couple of nights away from the children, hustle & bustle. Of course, unbeknownst to us, cheerleading and band competition groups were also booked @ the 21st Street HI - the epitomy of children, hustle & bustle.

Thankfully, our room was on the 12th floor all of the way at the end of the hallway so we were not bothered by the flurry of teenagers.

The room was clean with the exception of the sliding glass door. Everything in the room was operative with the exception of the microwave. The extra comforter I found in the bottom drawer had coffee stains on it.

The breakfast was good but expensive and I was served a butter pat that had already been opened and used previously but a person coud have easily mistaken it as being unused. I would say for health reasons; however, if a packet of jelly or butter, etc. is served to a table, then whether they appear to be used or not, the food items on the table should be put in the trash.

The pool area was clean and the temperature was good.

Our wireless connection to the internet did not work initially; however, they had someone come to our aid quickly and rebooting the wireless hotspot for the 12th floor did the trick.

For those of us who grew up in Virginia making trips to VB on occasion, everyone is familiar with the 21st Street HI. How could anyone miss it since it is the first thing you see when headed to Atlantic Avenue? For the value, it is still a good choice.

Room Tip: If there is a group of children present for some sort of local competition, ask to be roomed as far away from their floor as possible.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank tammy_ellen
Joe H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Va Beach-Oceanside (21st St), responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2012

I must say your detailed feedback was very helpful in the training of staff members. Our WiFi system has been upgraded to be the fastest on the beach front. We have also added access points through out the hotel which will enable a guest onto the wireless system from anywhere on the property. With feedback like yours we are continuing to improve our quality and service to every guest.

Reviewed 25 April 2012

I come to this hotel every other year with my family and dianna is always the one who checks us in and out. I come to find out that she left and I was sad. She is an awesome person and really great at what she does. She seems to be the only one to goes out her way every single time to help us with things to do and places to eat. Dianna is the best employee here and wish we were there to say bye!!! Miriam the little Asian girl, she has been such a delight. Since dianna left Miriam has been helping my family & I. She should be rewarded and be considered to get a promotion!! Her and the maintainance lady. AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will definitely come back, even if dianna is not there now there are people like her that works well with your guests. Please eknowledge them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Might I add, the hotel is gorgeous!!!!! Everything is updated and the rooms are crazy! Our room came with a microwave, which it didn't last time. The pool has waterfalls. Who's idea was that? My kids loved it. I just think you guys should do something about parking. It's crazy trying to find a spot. But good job on the interior change.

• Stayed: April 2012
Joe H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Va Beach-Oceanside (21st St), responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2012

Thank you for the kind comments about the renovation and three of our associates. They will be thanked in front of the entire staff because of their guest service to your family. By the way we miss Diana as well and welcome her back anytime she is ready.

Reviewed 16 April 2012

My daughter and I stayed here from 12-15 April and had a great time! We never used the indoor pool or ate in the downstairs restaurant so I can't comment on them... The room was clean and the beds were excellent... The view was great and the location of the hotel at 21st street is right in the middle of the board walk. Parking (lack of) sorta sucks but we never had an issue parking across the street in the overflow parking. The hotel has gone through a lot of upgrades. The rooms were about right size... The only thing that stood out was the older looking green carpet and the lack of an ATM in the bldg... Other than that the staff was very friendly and I made it a point to always say hello to them all. I would stay here again! Thanks so much!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Scott H
jkinane, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Va Beach-Oceanside (21st St), responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2012

Dear Dalfin,

We are glad to hear you enjoyed our newly renovated hotel rooms. On your next visit you need to make sure to stop by and visit our newly remodeled saltwater pool. We will share your kind words with our staff and we look forward in seeing you in the future.

Jimmy Kinane