“Very courteous clerk and free complimentary breakfast...”

Holiday Inn Oceanside Virginia Beach
Ranked #23 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
GreenLeadersBronze level
Colebrook, New Hampshire
“Very courteous clerk and free complimentary breakfast...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2014 via mobile

Even though I booked through Priceline at a very ridiculous price ($40), since I was a Priority Club Member, I was offer a complimentary breakfast!!! Great value!!! Very good veggie omelette, fresh fruits, juice & coffee... What a treat!!!

Very nice ocean view hotel... Very clean room... Nice fitness center and pool... Direct access to beach and boardwalk...

Internet was kind of slow but well... I still enjoyed my stay!

• Stayed February 2014
Joe H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Oceanside Virginia Beach, responded to this review, 25 February 2014
Thank you for staying with us and you are correct that was an outstanding rate only offered very few times a year. Hope to see you soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (166)
Fredericksburg, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2014

Stayed two nights celebrating my birthday. We have stayed at this hotel several times, and we have enjoyed our stay each time. We had a couple of issues with the room, but all concerns were handled immediately and to our standards. This is a very clean hotel with a super friendly, polite and professional staff. Above and beyond other similar hotels in the area. Excellent rates. The beach was beautiful, and we had great weather. We saw about 6-8 people riding horses on the beach at sunset! What a great idea. We want to do that next visit. The restaurant food was great. We had mini blackened crab cakes as an appetizer and crab cake sandwiches. We got to the hotel late, and the restaurant was closing, but they let us in anyway. Never had that happen before.

Room Tip: Great views from the top floor (12th). Some issues with other guests smoking on balconies.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Joe H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Oceanside Virginia Beach, responded to this review, 24 February 2014
Thank you for staying with us again. The Crab Cakes are homemade by our chef and I agree they are outstanding. The view is second to none on the beachfront since the dolphins enjoy a swim in the morning, afternoon and sometimes even while the horses are walking the beach. A great picture. We are located in the middle of the beachfront so everything is within walking distance.
Maryland USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2014

Stayed two nites for business 2/14. Hotel was quiet which was nice. Plenty of free parking in their own outside lot. Greeted warmly by front desk manager. Upgraded me to a suite which had its own bar, fridge and microwave.
All rooms have a beach view and I was lucky enough to be on the top (12th) floor. Both elevators were very fast. I enjoy seeing the ships and you also get to watch the sun rise!
I liked the bed and pillows! This is something that I often cannot state when reviewing properties. Plenty of light, HVAC worked well. Bathroom was fine. Room had new carpet and a single 32" LCD TV. Plenty of channels to satisfy. Plenty of outlets too.
Wireless internet worked well only complaint was that you had to fill in the name and password for the HI network each and every time you wanted to use the internet. Most properties at least let you have a day before you have to re-enter everything.

Ate dinner both times at the Hemingway themed restaurant on site. Very updated with nautical decor but modern not cheesy. Bartenders were friendly and my club sandwich was good both nites!

Breakfast was great service but my mushroom omelets were not very well prepared.

Would stay again for business off season.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Thanks for the feedback about your last stay at the Oceanside Holiday Inn. The views here are the best along with our staff. WE have looked into the access issues and you are right there is a 24hour access time frame allowed without re-entering your password which was fixed. The Wifi is always free no matter where you are in the hotel. Thanks again and hope to see you soon.
Minster, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2014

Everything at this hotel exceeded our expectations. Staff were amazing, rooms spacious (3 adults sharing) views amazing - we even got a glimpse on a couple of days of dolphins swimming by. The hotel in centrally located, its right on the beach to the front and to the back is a variety of bars and restaurants and touristy shops! We ate in the restaurant on one occassion, I asked for a particular glass of wine, but they had sold out, however about 20 mins later they came over and said they had managed to get some (not sure where/how but nevertheless) That quite impressed me!

Although we didn't use the pool, it looked clean and was in regular use by other guests. Near the lifts was a box where you could leave or borrow various beach items - boogie boards, buckets and spades, floating aids etc.

Staff were informative of the local area and extemely polite and helpful

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Joe H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Oceanside Virginia Beach, responded to this review, 20 February 2014
Thanks for the great comments about the staff and hotel. We are always looking for new ideas in order to WOW our guests. I agree the view is the best and seeing dolphins on a daily basis never gets old. Hope to see you soon.
Hudson, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2014

We stayed here in Feb 2014 and were extremely happy. From the moment we arrived the front desk employees were polite friendly and helpful. It started snowing the minute we got there and they told us about the limited employees and services because of it. Our room was spacious clean and comfortable with a king size bed, couch and two chairs. It also had a flat screen tv and breakfast bar with sink. The closet was large and had enough hangers to hold all the winter coats. The housekeeping staff did a wonderful job cleaning and sanitizing the room. And even with the snow we were able to get everything we needed and wanted. Lenita Jones and Verisis Brown were so very helpful at the front desk. We had to send a very important fax late in the evening and they didn't even blink. Verisis even went in the back and printed out cover sheets for us. Paul (I think that was his name) at the bar was great. He stayed open a little later since we were snowed in and made sure we had all we needed. Thanks guys for making a bad situation a lot easier. We will be back again next year.

Room Tip: The suite is a little more expensive but worth it if you will be there for more than a few days.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Joe H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Oceanside Virginia Beach, responded to this review, 18 February 2014
Thank you for the comments and staying with us during our last snow event. Your feedback about the staff and hotel will be shared with everyone as part of their daily stand up meetings. We hope to see you again when the sun is shining so you can enjoy the view but I must say the view was still outstanding watching the snow fall throughout the oceanfront. Thank you again,
Richmond, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2014

I stayed at the Holiday Inn at 21st street on 2/8. I had a 8 and 10 year old with me. EVERYTHING WAS CLEAN.

PARKING: it wasnt good. It was tight, but I got a space not far from the door, so I was alright with that.

PUBLIC AREAS: It looked nice in the lobby. I didnt go to the restaurant so I cant speak on that. I did go to the indoor pool. It isnt large at all. There isnt a hottub in the indoor pool area. It was very clean but FREEZING. I swim alot, so believe me on the temperature! The kids loved the pool.

ROOM: The room was way down the hall, so it was quite. No noise from outside at all. GREAT VIEW!!!! The room was VERY clean. The bathroom was in good condition. It was pretty cold outside, but the heat never warmed the room up as much as a liked. It blowed cool air sometimes during the night. The beds are high and as a short person, I had to hop on the bed. The kids thought that was great. I didnt sleep well because the beds werent comfortable to me. The kids slept great.

I would come back for a mini-vacation again, but I wouldnt stay here for a week long vacation.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank tdatiger
Joe H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Oceanside Virginia Beach, responded to this review, 15 February 2014
Thank you for the great feedback and we hope to see you and the family again sometime soon. Thanks again for the helpful comments about the hotel.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2014

My fiancee and I wanted a weekend get away that wasn't too far from our hometown of Fredericksburg VA, so we chose Virginia Beach. We got a great deal on the room, and I was blown away by the service and quality of the facilities. Not only did we get a complementary breakfast (think ordering from a menu not a bagel) but when we first walked into our room all we could smell was air freshener and the room was spotless! I've never experienced that in a hotel before! The staff was very helpful, especially Verisis Brown. While we didn't ask for a late check out, she thought we might appreciate one and gave us one anyway. Only negative was that the pool, while heated, still felt cold.

• Stayed February 2014
Joe H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Oceanside Virginia Beach, responded to this review, 3 February 2014
Thank you for the great comments about the hotel and Verisis at our front desk. We continue to look for ways to improve service and value for the price paid so the next time your are in the area look up some of our 15 guest room packages that we offer. Thanks again,