I was in need of a serious break from work and wanted a weekend getaway. I checked out various reviews of hotels at the beach and chose this hotel which was right in the center of the boardwalk and activites. When I arrived, the front desk staff was smiling and receptive to us being there. We made small talk with them and in turn they directed us to a few great restaurants and offered some fun activities that were happening in the area. Our first impression of the room was clean, neat and crisp. We did have an "Executive King" which was great because we had more space and could sit out on a larger balcony. We ordered room service the first morning and it arrived promptly and the food was accurate and hot. We spent Saturday and Sunday at the beach which was great! It was nice to have the hotel right on the beach. After spending the first day at the beach, we went to a local restaurant--"TauTogs"-- and the place was excellent and reasonably priced for fresh seafood. We could walk the two blocks too which beat driving. The second night we ate on the patio of the hotel. The view was wonderful as a soft beach breeze was blowing. The service was very good and the menu selections were plentiful, especially for a hotel. Great crab bisque! Overall good experience in the restaurant/patio. I was very pleased with our overall stay and would recommend this hotel as a clean, yet somewhat older hotel, but it has a great location and a very friendly staff!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn Oceanside hotel in the heart of the Virginia Beach Resort District, a hotel especially designed to make your Virginia Beach vacation fun, comfortable and convenient. At the Holiday Inn Oceanside hotel, Virginia Beach, VA, all of our 150 rooms offer a beautiful oceanfront view of the coast and boardwalk with a large private balcony, refrigerator, coffee maker, free wireless high-speed Internet access, pay-per-view movies and HBO. Our guest rooms are perfect for family vacations, business travel or that special weekend getaway. Enjoy a delicious meal in your hotel room using our convenient room service or visit Key West Bar & Grill open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. For your enjoyment we also have an oceanfront outdoor cafe for a relaxing meal overlooking the beach and the boardwalk. You are only seconds away from many of the main attractions that Virginia Beach Resort District has to offer such as the Virginia Aquarium and Marine Science Center, Farm Bureau Live and the Virginia Beach Convention Center. Whether you are in Virginia Beach on business or pleasure, the Holiday Inn Oceanside Hotel is the perfect east coast oceanfront retreat. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Oceanside Virginia Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Virginia Beach - Oceanside (21st) Hotel Virginia Beach
- Virginia Beach Holiday Inn