“Family friendly, great location”

Holiday Inn Va Beach-Oceanside (21st St)
Ranked #27 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed here a week while on vacation. This hotel is very nicely located on the beach and has free parking. I appreciated how helpful the staff was in making our stay comfortable- our room was very clean but the bed was not very comfortable in comparison with other hotels I've stayed at in this class. Overall though it was a good spot!

Stayed: June 2014
Joe H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Va Beach-Oceanside (21st St), responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Thanks for the great comments about the staff and please look us up the next time you plan on visiting the beach and are looking for the best value on the beachfront.

Reviewed 25 July 2014

The room was clean and it is nice to sit out on balcony with view of beach. Staff is courtesy and friendly.
The breakfast buffet seemed over priced to me and the bar area is only open until 10pm????
This has to be one of the busiest spots at the beach, parking can be complicated and irritating. I-264 feeds right into this spot. So beware during the summer months. But if you get your space and don't have to move, no worries. I prefer the slower months.

Room Tip: All rooms have balconies that face beach.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for the feedback, and I agree we have the best location of anyone but your best bet is to park(which is still free) and enjoy the views. September and October are the best times to come since we are slower and offer much lower rates and packages. Hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

I just came back from our annual family vacation down on Oceanfront Va Beach and stayed on Atlantic Ave. at Holiday Inn Express. The staff was excellent...friendly greeting...and had us in our room in a decent amount of time. The room was booked way in advanced and was a one bedroom suite. Excellent amount of space being that we had 2 2yr olds and a 6yr old. They had plenty of room. The comp.breakfast was fulfilling...bacon eggs sausage pancakes muffins cereal yogurt....you get the pic ..it was wery good ! I had one problem with the cleanliness of the room. I feel housekeeping can upgrade on how they clean. There was food ..food wrappers behind my pullout couch and food brings critters. There were several little "knats" in my room where it was an inconvenience for my family and i to swat them and explain to the kids they were from the ocean ?? As the front desk explained to me and refunded me some monies :). They handle my concerns promptly and it was greatly appreciated. On my return to Va i would rather book a hotel worth the money that they charge. $370 a night was NOT worth my stay at HIE but all in all i had a great time ...not a bad hotel !!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Joe H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Va Beach-Oceanside (21st St), responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

Hello from the Oceanside Holiday Inn. It seems your comments were for the Express Holiday Inn 5 blocks north of us on Atlantic Ave. I will pass these comments to their GM and staff so that the issues you have noted are handled for the next guests that stay with them. Thank you for sharing information about your stay at the Express.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

Our family enjoyed staying here last week while in the area for a softball tournament. The weather was great and so was our room. It was very clean and the whole hotel smelled so good! Seriously the air freshener they use is awsome. We really enjoyed the view from our balcony of the boardwalk and also the ocean. During our stay there was a fireworks display on the ocean and it was directly in front of us. It was great! Also there was a laser light show of patriotic music on the beach that was refreshing. There were some good restaurants in the area within walking distance and the staff was really helpful in giving suggestions. The beach matts/towels they provided at the front desk were nice and thick. Also there were free boogie boards to use during our stay, which was nice not to have to purchase them or worry about taking them home. The music at the outdoor restaurant/bar was really nice. Steel drums playing current top 40 music. It was a little pricey, but not knowing the area, I trusted Holiday Inn for knowing it would be worth it. We have stayed in Myrtle Beach for half the price with just as nice service.

Room Tip: Stay up higher to see dolphins swimming daily!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Joe H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Va Beach-Oceanside (21st St), responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Thank you for the detailed review of the hotel and area. Keep in mind we offer much lower rates starting the middle of August and packages which include breakfast for the family. Thanks again and we hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

Great customer service and adored Amandas personality. . Will be back on Aug 5th to stay again.. I have a bad back and I loved your beds and the room of course... u got my vote... I have been going to the beach for a few yrs now and never stayed there..

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Deanne H
Joe H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Va Beach-Oceanside (21st St), responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Thank you for giving us your vote and Amanda makes us all proud to have her on our team. Thank you again and hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

My husband made a reservation online for 4 nights, we went there on a spring Break 2012 with our 2 kids, We love the room that we got, we have the ocean View that is what my husband requested when he make a reservation. It was a little bit cold and windy so having indoor heated swimming pool is great because my kids and i had a great time!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Joe H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Va Beach-Oceanside (21st St), responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

WOW, thank you for thinking of us 2 years after staying with us. We have completed number of projects in the hotel since than in order to improve the quality provided to our guests. All of the guest rooms and public space has been remodeled including adding a state of the art fitness room, business center and salt water pool. We would enjoy seeing you again please stop by and ask for the GM because I want to say hello and welcome back.

Reviewed 9 July 2014

I book online with no trouble and called a few time with questions about the suuite. Every has been ver friendly even though im sure they have other things to worry about besides the size of the mini fridge and exactly how close the are to the beach. i will do an update once i check in in a few weeks but so far i am pleased with the staff. Also, i booked here based off reviews and noticing how responive the GM was in repling to concerns, issues and positive feedback. Makes me feel better about my upcoming birthday trip!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Adrienne H
Joe H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Va Beach-Oceanside (21st St), responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Hello from the beach and the beach is in front of our doors. We had dolphins on Wednesday morning and afternoon playing about 50 yards from the shoreline. If you need a second Refrigerator and we have one, you are more than welcome to use it in your room. Thanks again for staying with us.