“Wonderful Stay”

Holiday Inn Va Beach-Oceanside (21st St)
Ranked #27 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 27 October 2010

Great location on the beach.. Walked directly out onto the beach. Very nice restarant with great ocean view and very friendly staff. Rooms were spotless and very fun staff.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family

Reviewed 20 October 2010

My stay at this hotel was wonderful! It was right on the beach, so the view was fabulous! I loved sitting on the balcony and looking out at the ocean. Watching people pass on the Boardwalk was a nice way to start the day. The beds were the most comfortable I have found in a hotel. Although usually, I don't sleep well when away from home; in these beds I slept deeply and serenly.

Although I enjoyed every aspect of this hotel, the most extraordinary aspect was the staff. From housekeeping to management, everyone made me feel as though I was the priority. Which might be easy to do with a regular guest. But this trip, I turned into a terribly high maintenance guest. I thought I had lost my jewelry of great sentimental and monetary value. As it turned out, it had fallen in a slot, in my suitcase. Of course, I didn't find it until two days after I returned home. The staff, both housekeeping and management tore through vacume cleaner bags, took beds apart and continued their search for two days, after I had returned home. Even after I returned home, management continued to call reporting different places they had searched. Their smiles never waivered, and their sincerity was evident during the whole ordeal. I have stayed in much more expensive resorts, and never felt as important as this staff made me feel. I will return to Virginia Beach, but will only come when this hotel has a vacancy. I would not dream of staying anywhere else!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 October 2010

We stayed six nights, arriving on the busiest day of the Neptune festival. As others have said, parking was a challenge, but this was the only day that we had trouble finding a place to park. The rest of the time we were able to find a spot with ease.

The location more than made up for the parking difficulty on our day of arrival. It's located right in the middle of the arts and crafts booths there for the festival and we had a great view of the fireworks.

The service, from the front desk to housekeeping to room service, was outstanding. Everyone was friendly and efficient.

The room itself was roomy, with a comfortable king sized bed, sitting area with sofa and two chairs, a large island w/ 2 bar stools, and a very large desk. Wireless internet was extremely easy to connect and was very fast. The bathroom was typically small for a hotel of this class but was well-appointed.

Our room was nearest to the elevator and soda machines and I was worried that, as the hotel was full, that we would have to deal with the noise for our stay. The hotel is built well-enough, though, that we never heard any noise from the hall or the adjoining room.

Everything that we saw was clean and well maintained.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 September 2010

The hotel was adequate except for the parking. I do not expect to park right in front of my door when I stay oceanfront. I do not even expect to walk less than a block or two to get to my vehicle if/when I need it. What I DO expect is a parking spot. All one needs to know is simple addition and subtraction. Count up the total number of parking spots in both lots, then count up the total number of rooms in the hotel. You will find that there is not a space for each room. When the hotel is not booked solid, this is not a problem. When it is all booked up, such as the weekend when I stayed, it is a nightmare. If I had to pay for this hotel, well that question is ridiculous, because I would not pay for this hotel. Lucky for me, my husband's company paid the tab. . . so my advice is to only stay here in off season. The location is good and the hotel itself is fine, but you will get a migraine from dealing with the parking.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank cat0972
Reviewed 15 September 2010

We spent 5 nights at Holiday Inn Oceanside. The air conditioner drain must have been clogged and it backed up on the carpet in front of the balcony door. The carpet was soaking wet. We reported this the first night and someone came up and tried to get as much of the water up as possible, she said she would report it to maintenance and some one would be up the next day to fix it. No one ever came. We had a wet carpet the whole time. We were on the 12th floor and had a great view of the ocean, but every time we went out on the balcony we got wet feet. The room was nice size but the bathroom was small. The location of the hotel was great. The pool was small but the water temperature was comfortable. We had poor service at the restaurant, we waited over 10 min. to be seated the staff just keep walking past us, then we had to wait for silverware and clean plates at the buffet. The food was average. We found much better places to eat. Our stay was not that bad if it were not for the wet carpet.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 August 2010

Kendall Johnson at the front desk was such a great help with our stay and the changing of our rooms, thank you Kendall . And to the head of cleaning, Mrs. Frances Jordan for seeing to it that our room was cleaned promptly and with care. Thank you two ladies!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 August 2010

We stayed here one night while passing through on our trip south. The service we received was excellent. The front desk was very friendly, free popcorn in the afternoon. There was free coffee in the morning in the bar area - very nice option. We ate twice at the outdoor cafe and the service was fantastic! Kudos to our server although I can not recall his name. The location was great - easy to find and in the center of it all. Right on the boardwalk, beautiful view from our balcony. The only thing is the pool - very small and somewhat dirty. I was not a fan of that. The bathroom was a good size and the bed was very comfortable. We were there on a Friday night and had no issues with noise from the outside or rooms next to us. It is a Holiday Inn - nothing luxurious, but it was still quite nice.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family