“I will be back but will shop around before choosing this or other hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Econo Lodge on the Ocean

Econo Lodge on the Ocean
Ranked #6 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
West Springfield, Massachusetts
“I will be back but will shop around before choosing this or other hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2011

I stayed at this hotel for two days. I had an excellent experience. The room comes with a refrigerator, microwave and a coffee maker. Refrigerator was making a lot of noise, which after figuring out what it was, I was able to stop it by just putting a crushed paper cup under the front leg. It was probably "out of level."
Any hotels, the best price you can get, on the Atlantic Avenue in Virgina Beach is an excellent location. One the best vacation places if you like to walk, jog, swim, bike or just sit around and watch sunrise, sunset, people passing by! Some free music concerts all the time.
One thing to beware of is, do not get a hotel next to one of the four major "stages" along the three mile long boardwalk. Fortunately, this Econolodge was far away enough to avoid the loud music.
Overall, I liked my stay very much and will definately come back if i cannot find any other hotels cheaper than this and yet more or less same quality.
Free breakfast? Yes, they do offer,but forget it!

Room Tip: Second floor better for views, third too far up!
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank egleview

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (144)
Springfield, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2011

We have been coming to this motel for decades because it is immaculate and the staff provides excellent customer service. It is beachfront with a perfect location on the boardwalk, near all of the entertainment. The pool is clean and secluded. The continental breakfast is a nice bonus because the motel is a real value. We sat on our balcony mesmerized while watching a thunderstorm over the ocean . We can't wait to return.

Room Tip: The manager really tries to please his customers.
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank fufkedog
Yorktown Heights, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2011

My husband ran his first marathon that weekend and we couldn't have pick a better place to stay. Not only were we happy about the location but the room itself. The staff were very polite and helpful with the questions we had regarding where were good places to eat and how directions on how to get to a number of other places.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank debbie0927
Sioux City, Iowa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2011

Found the Econolodge at 27th & Atlantic on TripAdvisor. Booked thru Choice Hotels. Couldn't be more pleased as we enjoy watching the walkers and bikers enjoying the boardwalk on this chilly day. Found Doc Taylors where we enjoyed a great lunch. Bikes for our use are free with a stay.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Raymond C
West Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 December 2010

Stayed here to do some Christmas shopping at area malls, and see the light displays on the beach. First of all check-in was perfect. He even knew my name before I even came in. The price was exactly as quoted with no surprise fees. The gentleman was very helpful in explaining about the parade, boardwalk run, and light display. We got an oceanfront room on the second floor. Very cold weekend, but the heat worked just fine. The bed was very comfortable and had plenty of pillows. The was no sign of any kind of bugs here, something my wife is very sensitive to.
I will definitely make reservations here for our Summer vacation this year, just because of being treated so nice.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2010

I happened to mention upon check-in that I had recently celebrated a birthday, and that evening the management and staff handed me a lovely birthday card! This level of thoughtfulness is representative of the quality and service provided by the staff. This was my first stay at this brand of hotel, but it certainly won't be my last.
Rooms were clean, beautiful view, free breakfast and if it was warmer I may have taken them up on the free bicycle rental.
All in all I had a wonderful stay. Consider this hotel on YOUR next birthday! :)

• Stayed November 2010
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank trgrl
Durham, NC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2010

I'm not sure I have stayed at an Econo Lodge prior to this one. I didn't want to spend a fortune, wanted a good location, and a clean room. I achieved that with this hotel. The staff are friendly and accommodating, The room was clean, and although there was a soccer tournament happening in the area, and kids galore, we had no problems with noise around us. I would not hesitate to visit this hotel again.

Stayed October 2010, travelled with friends