We asked and got a room right off the beach. We spent most of the trip, when not doing an activity, on the back patio with the door open, watching and listening to the beach and the boardwalk. Each employee I came in contact with were very nice, courteous and very helpful. For example, when we locked ourselves out of the room twice, they were very understanding. The room was very clean and surprisingly quiet at night, even though it was a holiday weekend and area was full of activity. We felt safe since there was always at least 2 employees around everyone was so nice. They were also knowledgable (sp?) about local info requested. Seems family-run and that is a great and rare thing in these times - we do NOT prefer the large, high-priced hotels clogging up the beach.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- All of our rooms at the Econo Lodge on the Ocean are oceanfront with a private balcony or ground floor patio overlooking the beach and the boardwalk. You have a choice of two double beds or one king bed with sleeper sofa. Each is equipped with a microwave, refrigerator, in-room coffee maker, hairdryer, iron/board, and in-room safe. Hotel amenities include an outdoor heated swimming pool, free bicycles for our guests, and free high speed wireless internet access. A complimentary continental breakfast is served each morning from 7 to 10 AM. Our guest parking is on-site, 1 car per room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Choice Hotels, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, Ebookers, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Econo Lodge on the Ocean reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Econo Lodge On The Ocean Hotel Virginia Beach
- Econolodge Virginia Beach
- Econo Lodge Virginia Beach
- Virginia Beach Econo Lodge