I stayed for a week in Virginia Beach at the Econo Lodge on the Ocean. It was such a great stay! Staff was very friendly and greeted us constantly. The rooms were clean and great. The room was standard. There was 2 beds, 2 chairs and a table, a mini fridge and microwave and the balcony had 2 chairs. We stayed on the 2nd floor and the view was great. I didn't mind walking up one flight of stairs and I had a 4 year old with me. Maybe the 3rd floor might be too much if you have small kids or babies. I chose the 2nd floor for the balcony and the view of the beach. The one thing is the parking lot is small. They have enough spots for 1 car per room. You get a tag to hang in your car so they know you are staying there. Since you are close to the beach they want to make sure random beach goers dont take a spot. But, since the parking lot is very small it can get a bit difficult to maneuver or park. This hotel gets booked to capacity. The week I was there the hotel was booked to capacity almost everyday. This is because of the great location and the great price! The free breakfast was okay and basic. Cereal,oatmeal, pastries, bagel with butter or cream cheese. Some days they had peanut butter and some days they had yogurt. Coffee, tea and hot chocolate was available as well. There is no eating area like most hotels have but you can eat outside near the pool or 2nd floor lounging area on a table. We loved that they had free bikes to borrow. You can borrow them for an hour. There is a long bike path near the beach boardwalk and people are constantly riding on bikes. There are a lot of bike rental places so it was nice to save money by borrowing bikes for free. The only thing is, although they have smaller bikes for kids, there are no bikes with training wheels. The pool was great! I saw them cleaning EVERY morning. And it was slightly heated so it was great to go in to cool off without having the shock of icy water. The hotel is next to a bunch of eating places and stores. Overall, I loved this place. It was a great price for all it offered and the location. I highly recommend!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- All of our rooms at the Econo Lodge on the Ocean are oceanfront with a private balcony or ground floor patio overlooking the beach and the boardwalk. You have a choice of two double beds or one king bed with sleeper sofa. Each is equipped with a microwave, refrigerator, in-room coffee maker, hairdryer, iron/board, and in-room safe. Hotel amenities include an outdoor heated swimming pool, free bicycles for our guests, and free high speed wireless internet access. A complimentary continental breakfast is served each morning from 7 to 10 AM. Our guest parking is on-site, 1 car per room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Econo Lodge on the Ocean reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Econo Lodge On The Ocean Hotel Virginia Beach
- Econolodge Virginia Beach
- Econo Lodge Virginia Beach
- Virginia Beach Econo Lodge