“great price - nice people - awesome view”

Econo Lodge Oceanfront
Ranked #50 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Reviewed 25 March 2012

this is by no means a luxury hotel - but if you want oceanfront for an affordable rate - stay here. The staff was friendly and very helpful. The place was clean and we had free parking onsite. It was however, off season, which is the only time I will venture near VA beach. With only one elevator, it would be an inconvenience. Did I mention the great view from the room, with the balcony and hugh windows?? That's why I come to VA beach!

Room Tip: ten floor - great view!
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank katebeachluv

Reviewed 20 March 2012

My three kids (ages 16, 15, and 14) stayed for three nights during spring break. Room was perfect, great view from the 10th floor. Breakfast was very good, too. The staff is what will bring us back during their fall break. The manager , as well as the rest of the staff, was VERY helpful. Treated you like family. Gave us ideas of interesting places to go. The rooms were great! We hated to leave we were having such a great time. Thank you manager Bob Patel and your wonderful staff, see you all soon!!

Room Tip: Stay on the upper floors for great view and bring binos to look for the dolphins.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 January 2012

I had a very nice stay, the room was clean and the bed was comfy. The frontdesk staff were very helpful and accomodating. We had a oceanfront room with a nice size balcony we had a front row view of the boardwalk holiday lights at night. Very pretty sunrise each morning.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank NessaBrit11
Reviewed 25 September 2011

I had a really great stay here! The staff was really great and the ocean front view was the best! I was here for two fun filled days and was treated like family! You will love the staff and beach!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank Eddyrodd
Reviewed 14 September 2011

My family and I stayed at the Econo Lodge Oceanfront in Virginia Beach for 3 nights in September 2011. I will never stay there again and would discourage anyone else from doing so. The exhaust fan in the bathroom was half hanging out of the ceiling and looked like it had not been cleaned since it was installed. If you walked on the carpet with bare feet for a few moments your feet would be totally black on the bottom. The balcony was full of water that dripped throught the floor of the balcony on the floor above us so we were not able to enjoy sitting out there at all. The box springs and mattresses were terrible not to mention that when we looked at the end of the beds when the sheets were removed, the mattresses were filthy. This room was not cheap and, although I didn't expect luxury, I did expect a clean and comfortable room. I will never stay there again and I will tell anyone I know who is traveling to Virginia Beach to avoid this hotel at all costs.

7  Thank Hedgesvillegirl
Virginiahotelstay, Manager at Econo Lodge Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2011

Management took action and probelm has been corrected.

Reviewed 8 September 2011

My husband, mother, stepfather, and I all shared one room for Labor Day weekend as this was the best price I could find for an ocean front hotel over a holiday weekend. There were a few issues with the room (safe didn't work, tub didn't drain) but when we mentioned to them to the front desk, everything was fixed immediately. The staff was so nice and helpful that it made the experience worth the price. The free breakfast was small and heavy on the carbs (only bagels, waffles, toast, muffins and cereal) but it was free! Overall we enjoyed our stay.

Reviewed 4 September 2011

It's the Econo Lodge, not the Hilton and so, this hotel provided us with a nice stay. The front desk was helpful, and it's in the heart of what's happening (restaurants, bars, shops, boardwalk). The room was reasonably clean, there were a couple of ants (ground floor room), and the blankets were not clean (but does any hotel ever actually wash blankets?). Overall, again - it's the Econo Lodge, what more were you expecting.

1  Thank AyoDmv