THE BAD: I will ditto the previous comments. We brought our well-behaved Weimaraner and it was $30/day additional for EACH pet you bring ($25 + taxes). The hotel is dismal and run down. They are trying to make some cosmetic improvements, but the facility is so old that the wear and tear is outpacing their efforts. The parking lot is tiny, and anything larger than a full-size truck would have trouble negotiating around the building. The parking lot is also is pretty steep slope all around and makes the walking and parking precarious. The "pool" is in an extension of the parking which is behind the restaurant next door, and looks like it has not been used in years. The only ice machine broke down the first day here and did not get fixed. The "Continental" breakfast was sometimes hot coffee, one of those juice machines, and some plastic-wrapped pastries. The highway in front of the hotel is very busy and it is difficult to even get into traffic due to there being no traffic light, and forget about crossing the street to the 7-11; that takes a mad dash. It seemed like several of the guests "live" here - like welfare hotel style living - but none of them were troublesome. The condition of the rooms was pretty bad. I saw the 'housekeeper' the other day and her cleaning supplies seemed to consist of an old towel and a bottle of Windex. This is a place where you don't walk on the carpets without your slippers on. Our room was reasonably clean, with nicely laundered towels and sheets, so that was good. The AC, old-school tube TV, microwave, and tiny fridge all worked OK.
THE GOOD: The reason why I picked this hotel - it is a five minute walk to a very nice beach.
FINAL: If you can overlook all the bad stuff, for the price you will not find a better location if you want to be this close to the beach. BTW I was in town for my job so I spent most of my time at work.;
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Travelodge Virginia Beach Bay Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Travelodge Bay Beach Hotel Virginia Beach
- Travel Lodge Virginia Beach
- Travelodge Virginia Beach
- Virginia Beach Travelodge
- Virginia Beach Travel Lodge
- Travelodge Hotel Virginia Beach