“Middle of it all and free breakfast!”

Comfort Inn & Suites Oceanfront
Ranked #1 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 18 April 2011

We stayed here on a timeshare tour with Ocean Beach Club up the road. We had a one bedroom oceanfront with balcony. We didn't have a living room, both rooms had queen beds. There was a mini fridge, microwave and coffee maker. Cant beat free breakfast! There was eggs, sausage, pastries, waffles and more! The boardwalk was right outside the backdoor. Great place to stay.

• Stayed: April 2011
There are newer reviews for Comfort Inn & Suites Oceanfront

Reviewed 3 March 2011

Took advantage of the wildlife-watching boat trips in Virginia Beach (/www.visitvirginiabeach.com). The hotel staff was very helpful and friendly, the rooms were very clean and keep. Very pleasant stay, would return.

Thanks

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 February 2011

I stayed here in the off season while on business in the area. When I arrived the rate was was $20 more per night than what I had booked from the hotel's web site. I showed the desk clerk my email confirmation and she called the manager and they took care of it without issue. I understand it was not the hotel's fault, but make sure you bring your reservation confirmation for proof, just in case. She was very friendly and efficient getting me checked in.

Even though the property was not busy, the staff stayed busy. Later that evening I came across the same desk clerk on her way up to vacant rooms to polish furniture and detail other items. Now that is going above and beyond! Unfortunately, the night clerk that I encountered was very rude. I had come by the front desk and she was sitting in the back room. She knew I was at the desk, but she wanted to have a conversation with me from behind the office wall, until I asked her to come out. I got an eye roll and a "What do YOU want?" The hotel would be much better off without her. I met the general manager the next morning at check out and he is a very nice guy. You can tell he cares a lot about his hotel.

The hotel was not busy at all being winter time, but I am sure it sells out in the summer time. The hotel is located right on the oceanfront and every room has a great view. The rooms are unique. Every room is a suite - the bedroom is separate from the living area. There is a small microfridge and coffee maker, but no kitchen as you may expect in resort hotels. The bed was comfortable. The bathroom was spacious and the shower had two powerful shower heads. Housekeeping is great here: the room was very clean.

The hotel has a large indoor pool and hottub. The fitness center had everything you would expect. There is limited parking in the garage - one car per room.

This was a great stay. I will return to this hotel when in the area again.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Hippo5
Reviewed 17 January 2011

We had my daughters 16th birthday party there,, not much to do in January.. Christine was the first person i talked to explained we had 10 teenagers coming for the day only 4 were sleeping there.. we were treated like royalty, all the staff was overly accommadating, very pleasant and friendly, the rooms were beautiful and breakfast was wonderful, the indoor pool and common areas were just fantastic.. i have stayed at many hotel.. we travel ALOT and this is the best we have ever had and the cost was very reasonable. I cant say enough how wonderful my daughters sweet 16 birthday party was... Thank you all

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 December 2010

My wife and I stayed at this hotel while in town for a conference. This building is old but has been recently renovated. The room appeared clean however my wife and I both had reactions to an odor in the room - it was very strong when sitting on the couch. We notified the front desk, they let us inspect another room however the odor was even stronger. We noticed the same odor in the hall as we walked past a room that housekeeping was servicing. The odor may have come from a cleaning solution but we couldn't confirm its source. We decided to stay in our original room. During the day we left the balcony door open to air the room out and we were able to get by provided we didn't sit on the couch.

The front desk personnel were very apologetic but could offer no other rooms or resolution. Fortunately we spent most of our time out of the room.

The rest of the hotel was average. The free breakfast was mediocre and typical for a Choice Hotels brand consisting of cereal, instant oatmeal, preprocessed egg omelets, bacon, toast, bananas, apples, yogurt, and mass produced pastries. Its all edible but not really good. We chose to eat elsewhere.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank RoadWarrior61323
Reviewed 25 October 2010

My husband and I were here for 4 days and if you like watching sports on tv or just having a nice dinner everything is within walking distance. The room was very nice the view of the boardwalk and ocean was outstanding! The pool is nice, breakfast was GREAT! I would for surely stay here again. WE HAD A BLAST!!!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 October 2010

We had a great stay.
The room..the beds, the bathrooms, kitchenette...all were very clean. Refrigerator was empty. Not stocked with overpriced items for you to purchase.
The double shower head was awesome!
Requested extra towels and soap at the beginning of stay (we stayed 3 nights) and never had to make the request again.
The beds were very comfy, extra pillows.
The front desk staff were nice and accommodating.
The free breakfast was very good....all the usual fare plus eggs, bacon or sausage. The breakfast staff kept the bar fully stocked and very clean. Plus, you get an oceanview with dolphins!
The room layout was great as it was actually 2 separate rooms with a pocket door in between.
Free parking garage.
Free in room wifi.
All entrances into the hotel required room key to enter.
Great ocean views from the room balcony. And great views of the "boardwalk".
The boardwalk and bike path made the beach very inviting. You could enjoy the ocean however you're dressed.
When you first arrive, the lobby area is a bit outdated and "cheesy". Please, don't let this scare you! The rooms are great.

*Contrary to other posts:
*There wasn't a man waiting to sell us time shares. Never even saw such a person!
*We left at breakfast and came back around lunchtime. Housekeeping had already visited our room. Everyday when we left the room and came back the room had been cleaned. In my opinion, they were very efficient.

We're planning on returning soon when our Navy son arrives back from deployment!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business