“Great Location and Room”

Comfort Inn & Suites Oceanfront
Ranked #2 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
GreenLeadersBronze level
Northern VA
“Great Location and Room”
Reviewed 21 April 2011

We stayed here 2 nights for Spring Break. We enjoyed our stay. The hotel is in the middle of the boardwalk. Great room layout for families. The indoor pool was warm, the ocean was freezing. We liked sitting on the balcony and watching people on the boardwalk. Free Wifi and breakfast was a plus. The bed was hard, but I think they have pillowtops if you ask. Would definately go back to this hotel. Parking garage height is low, we have an Expeditiion and we fit but if we had a luggage shell on top we wouldn't have fit.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
Florida, New York
Reviewed 18 April 2011

We stayed here on a timeshare tour with Ocean Beach Club up the road. We had a one bedroom oceanfront with balcony. We didn't have a living room, both rooms had queen beds. There was a mini fridge, microwave and coffee maker. Cant beat free breakfast! There was eggs, sausage, pastries, waffles and more! The boardwalk was right outside the backdoor. Great place to stay.

• Stayed April 2011
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 3 March 2011

Took advantage of the wildlife-watching boat trips in Virginia Beach (/www.visitvirginiabeach.com). The hotel staff was very helpful and friendly, the rooms were very clean and keep. Very pleasant stay, would return.

Thanks

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 13 February 2011

I stayed here in the off season while on business in the area. When I arrived the rate was was $20 more per night than what I had booked from the hotel's web site. I showed the desk clerk my email confirmation and she called the manager and they took care of it without issue. I understand it was not the hotel's fault, but make sure you bring your reservation confirmation for proof, just in case. She was very friendly and efficient getting me checked in.

Even though the property was not busy, the staff stayed busy. Later that evening I came across the same desk clerk on her way up to vacant rooms to polish furniture and detail other items. Now that is going above and beyond! Unfortunately, the night clerk that I encountered was very rude. I had come by the front desk and she was sitting in the back room. She knew I was at the desk, but she wanted to have a conversation with me from behind the office wall, until I asked her to come out. I got an eye roll and a "What do YOU want?" The hotel would be much better off without her. I met the general manager the next morning at check out and he is a very nice guy. You can tell he cares a lot about his hotel.

The hotel was not busy at all being winter time, but I am sure it sells out in the summer time. The hotel is located right on the oceanfront and every room has a great view. The rooms are unique. Every room is a suite - the bedroom is separate from the living area. There is a small microfridge and coffee maker, but no kitchen as you may expect in resort hotels. The bed was comfortable. The bathroom was spacious and the shower had two powerful shower heads. Housekeeping is great here: the room was very clean.

The hotel has a large indoor pool and hottub. The fitness center had everything you would expect. There is limited parking in the garage - one car per room.

This was a great stay. I will return to this hotel when in the area again.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Hippo5
Poland, Maine
Reviewed 17 January 2011

We had my daughters 16th birthday party there,, not much to do in January.. Christine was the first person i talked to explained we had 10 teenagers coming for the day only 4 were sleeping there.. we were treated like royalty, all the staff was overly accommadating, very pleasant and friendly, the rooms were beautiful and breakfast was wonderful, the indoor pool and common areas were just fantastic.. i have stayed at many hotel.. we travel ALOT and this is the best we have ever had and the cost was very reasonable. I cant say enough how wonderful my daughters sweet 16 birthday party was... Thank you all

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with family
Havre de Grace, Maryland, USA
Reviewed 3 December 2010

My wife and I stayed at this hotel while in town for a conference. This building is old but has been recently renovated. The room appeared clean however my wife and I both had reactions to an odor in the room - it was very strong when sitting on the couch. We notified the front desk, they let us inspect another room however the odor was even stronger. We noticed the same odor in the hall as we walked past a room that housekeeping was servicing. The odor may have come from a cleaning solution but we couldn't confirm its source. We decided to stay in our original room. During the day we left the balcony door open to air the room out and we were able to get by provided we didn't sit on the couch.

The front desk personnel were very apologetic but could offer no other rooms or resolution. Fortunately we spent most of our time out of the room.

The rest of the hotel was average. The free breakfast was mediocre and typical for a Choice Hotels brand consisting of cereal, instant oatmeal, preprocessed egg omelets, bacon, toast, bananas, apples, yogurt, and mass produced pastries. Its all edible but not really good. We chose to eat elsewhere.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank RoadWarrior61323
milford ct
Reviewed 25 October 2010

My husband and I were here for 4 days and if you like watching sports on tv or just having a nice dinner everything is within walking distance. The room was very nice the view of the boardwalk and ocean was outstanding! The pool is nice, breakfast was GREAT! I would for surely stay here again. WE HAD A BLAST!!!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple