“Great customer service”

Knights Inn Virginia Beach Lynnhaven
Ranked #103 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
“Great customer service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2013

I visited Virginia Beach beginning of this month and called this place personally inquiring about the area and the rooms they had. A nice spanish young lady assisted me with more information than I had asked for. I came to check in same day and was politely greeted meanwhile front desk was occupied. The hotel seems to be going through some renovations but had everything I looked foward too through my stay. It was quiet and surprisingly for a weekend it was as well. My stay was pleasant and would recommend anyone looking for a decent price and good location

• Stayed April 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Norfolk, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2013

During my stay this week, I noticed that there was some room construction in progress. This did not interrupt my stay. The bed was comfortable and clean. This is an older motel and does lack luster. There are no frills so the price is low. Staff was helpful and the big guy who worked the late shift did walk around during the night making sure there were no problems. Breakfast is cont. style and there are a lot of resturants in the area offering a full breakfast.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2012

I was in a non smoking room and yet the sheets smelled of smoke. One of the lights was broken. The tissues ran out within the first night we were there and were never replaced. We only had one and a half roles of toilet paper, and we ran out . The breakfast was horrible, they did not have enough to serve all of the people. All together it was a rather shabby place with little care given to it.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Regina970
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2012

First off, I brought my macbook with me to do homework over the weekend. I was gone from Saturday morning to late Saturday afternoon. When I got back my macbook was missing from my room. When I went to the front desk to report it, they gave me attitude and were not helpful at all. They said to review surveillance, they need the GM who was not on property. They said she should call back tomorrow, but if she doesn't I should call her. Honestly, it should not even be a question of me calling her. THIS LAPTOP WAS IN MY ROOM!

From A-Z this hotel experience was horrific. When we first got our room keys they did not work. We had to take them back to the front desk where the front desk gave me a problem because I did not book the room. After we got the keys, we walked in and this non-smoking room REEKED of smoke. There were holes in the sheets, stains on the shower curtains, and the floor was so dirty that I felt like I was going to get athletes foot through my shoes!

Also, I was traveling for a Field Hockey tournament and my parents were staying in the same hotel. The front desk acted as if my dad was a creepy man who was into young girls. HE DOES NOT GIVE OFF THE IMPRESSION AT ALL, and I was mortified they even thought that. Also, my parents paid for two nights and decided to leave after one night because the hotel was appalling. They gave the keys to the front desk and said either we are coming back or my daughter is to stay in the hotel. They proceeded to check out the room my dad paid for. When I went to the front desk to get the keys he left for me, they said they already checked him out. I called my father and he had to argue with the front desk to get the keys for the room. They said if he didn't want the room, we would have to take it up with expedia because we bought the room offline.

No wi-fi in rooms, only in lobby
Continental breakfast consists of a bagel, coffee, and heavy chlorinated water
Front desk was extremely unpleasant and uneasy to talk to
Rooms were not sanitary

I am not easily disgusted by things, but honestly I wont be surprised if I get sick in the next few days.

Room Tip: All the rooms are disgusting.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
5 Thank Jenna A
washington
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2012

My boyfriend and I knew we were getting in late and leaving early, so we figured that we would be fine staying here as a place to sleep for the night. We were wrong. We arrived just after midnight, and checking in consisted of standing outside and handing my license through an opening in the plexiglass window so that it could be photocopied, after which I received the room keys (I had a pre-paid hotels.com reservation). When we walked into the room, it had a terrible damp odor, and we sprayed cologne everywhere to mask the smell. It may have been psychosymatic, but the bedsheets were making me itch so I used my own towel as a cover to sleep. Also, the ice machine in the hallway didn't work. We were very happy to leave.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
6 Thank wtraveler87
Palm Coast, Florida, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2012

this place stunk, they claim to take AAA/ AARP/ military/govermnent discounts they don't
ceiling falling in the shower..
wifi does not work in the room 0nly in the loby..i want privacy when i use my com.

woke up in the morning with bites all over my right side of my back

coffee pot for 12 cups but only one filter thats for one cup come on..
all in all this place is bad...for being in the area they are in the city of virginia beach ought to have them clean this place up...is does not represent vabeach at all..

Room Tip: do not go here travel the extra 4 miles and find someplace else
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank Patty B
North Reading, Massachusetts
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2012

I had an issue regarding a reservation with this hotel and was almost charged for a night that I did not stay there. However, after speaking with staff twice and finally a manager, the issue was cleared up and I was not charged. The managers names was Ela and she was very helpful. I did not stay at the hotel so I cannot speak to the actual hotel, but the manager was very pleasant and helpful.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business