“TERRIBLE CHOICE!”

Ranked #103 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
West Virginia, United States
“TERRIBLE CHOICE!”
Reviewed 29 July 2013

Just a quick overview - Mold growing on the furniture, refrigerator and walls. Remnants of someone's "sickness" on the side of our matress. Power went out twice in one night due to a breaker problem. Extremely dirty bathroom. Wet paint on walls with no signage - ruined some personal items. Take your own batteries because the remote didn't work. Skip the continental breakfast - you'd do better at the 7-11 next door.

Had booked two nights months in advance so our rate was only 89.00 - which we paid for both nights upfront. When I went to discuss our concerns with the General Manager after the first night, her only concern was that due to a concert that evening their rates had went up to 149.00 and we were "underpaying" their daily rate. She never offered to send someone to clean up the mold. Never apologized for us being without a/c and power. And I think she was actually considering upcharging us for the difference in rates. THINK TWICE BEFORE STAYING HERE.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Outnabout73

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Reviewed 28 July 2013

Where should I start. I check in only to be given a second floor room when I requested first floor for handicap accessibility. So the only thing they could offer was a smoking room. I don't smoke and can't stand smoke. The room was horrible. Not only did it smell like cigarettes but it had an old smell to it. The furniture was dusty. The knobs were missing off of the microwave.The fridge didn't work and when u opened it had a spoiled smell. The tub was dirty. Mold and spider webs in the bathroom. My parents had a room also. The water didn't drain in the tub. The remote wouldn't change channels. It was just a mess. The pictures look good but that's about it. Worse hotel/motel experience ever. Stay far away.

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank Mckgirl
Turnersville, New Jersey
Reviewed 23 July 2013

Room were not clean! Smelled really bad!! Mold on the ceiling in the bathroom!!! Booked this in April! Several family members also booked there for our Family reunion and were told that there was no blocked rooms and charged higher rates not the rate we were all given for booking so many rooms! On day of check out we had until 11 to leave! I was still trying to make sure I had all my stuff and my kids stuff and they kept trying to come in my room while I was packing!! Not happy will never stay there again!!! Furniture in my room was falling apart! My cousins room the head board fell off the wall and thankfully did not hit her 2 year old son who was sleeping!!! Coffee pot in my room smelled and the filter compartment looked like it was never clean!! Some of the staff was very nice but some not so much!!! Check in was 3pm, After driving 6 hours with my 3 kids and arriving at 230 they charged me extra to check in a lousy 30 mins early!!! HORRIBLE!!!!!

Room Tip: Photos on site are no where near what rooms look like!!
4 Thank Michell E
Kodak, Tennessee
Reviewed 23 July 2013

This was the worst stay I have ever had! I am also in the hotel business and this is shame. This hotel was booked for the family to stay at for our family reunion. It was "blocked" with a military discount (ya know, the Norfolk Navy base is here too), anyways... our whole family was quoted different prices. So that was strike 1! Strike 2, my aunt and my credit card were already charged before we checked in (it was only suppose to be held because we were paying cash), there were BIG roaches and beetles everywhere. The headboard fell off the wall landing on my baby cousin while we were changing him, housekeeping NEVER came so no towels etc. (even the front desk girl complained about that)! they told us that we have 10 min from the time of check in to change our minds, but no refund! And since there was NO place nearby cheaper than $200, we were stuck there. The "continental breakfast" was a joke, they had cheerios with a scooper (Lord only knows if it was clean), powdered baby donuts (DRY) 1 pot of burnt coffee, a half gallon of milk in the fridge (expired) and no creamer or sugar for the coffee. I could've ate better at the Rite Aid across the street! So needless to say I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS TO ANYONE. The staff was rude and could care less!! never again! Also, there were 2 crack-head ladies in and out all night with different men! Definitely not kid friendly !

Room Tip: Bottom floor is smoking, top floor is non smoking!
2 Thank nickyo1224
Allentown, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed 22 July 2013

From PA booked for a family reunion over a month in advance. Told them that I would pay cash when I checked in. Only to use the card to hold the room. We got there at 3:15pm and when I checked in they told me that they already billed my card (Without authorization). They would not do anything to correct the problem and they said it was there policy. Got into our room. Should have been 2 queen beds and it was two full size beds. Bathroom lights not working, no ashtrays in hotel. Roaches up and down the outside stairs. Air conditioner leaks water all over the floor. Furniture falling apart. There were over 20 rooms that had no hot water or the toilets were broken. DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!!! For $30 bucks more you could get an ocean front hotel room. Breakfast was stale donuts, horrible coffee, cereal and frozen waffles.

4 Thank Kristy R
Bay City, MI
Reviewed 3 June 2013

The staff themselves were polite, however, the experience of having the electricity go out not once but TWICE during our 2 day stay made this visit not a favorite. The first night the electricy (everything except the air conditioning, thankfully!) went out when we'd retired for the evening. We called the desk and were told it would be taken care of shortly. We woke up hours later to find service had not been restored. I'm so glad we awoke during the middle of the night because we had a military event that we'd travelled more than a thousand miles to attend. It would have been devestating to get up in the morning to find we couldn't get ready to attend. So, back to 3:30 am - we again called the desk and they had no idea that we still didn't have power. They did get it restored in about 20 minutes/half an hour. Then the next night, the electricity went out again as we were getting ready to go to bed. This time, it was restored within minutes, rather than hours. Disappointing.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank Linda S
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed 12 May 2013

My family and I have stayed at this hotel many times and has always had a nice experience. The staff has always been polite, helpful and if we ever needed anything or had additional question, the staff was quick to assist.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family