Family vacation stayed 10-17 Aug 13 with 3 teens/young adults.
We were on the 3rd floor and rented it from the owner. Two double beds and pull out sleeping sofa(no issue from my 16 YO son). Approx 400-450 sq feet room. Odd layout, entrance straight to the bedroom, then very small bathroom with separate sink area, kitchenette and living room with balcony facing ocean. This is a condo converted from a hotel, 40% of the rooms are owned and the remaining 60% are time shares. Yes they will tried to get 90 mins of your time which we declined right away. For what we paid I believed it was a good rate.
Beds were comfortable(firm mattresses). Kitchenette has two elements only, microwave/oven and full fridge. Good for making breakfasts and lunches only. They had a blender good enough for cocktails. Eating table for two only. All our suppers were take outs or restaurants. The Oceanfront streets are numbered 1 to 89 from South to North. The boardwalk is only from 1 to 40 St. The surfing area is from 1 to 5 St, no swimming/in-experience boogie boards allowed or the life guards will be on you. This area was great for us because of the waves, maybe not so good for young ones/weak swimmers. They had a tennis court/pool-pool/bar on the 7th floor. Awesome fitness facility for a fee. Indoor pool and jacuzzi(just in case you do not like the sun and sand). Parking garage-very tight for our mini-van, going up no issues but going down-interesting. VB is near naval bases and there are very loud fighter jets that pass by quite often. The sound of freedom for some. There is a stage close by on 7 St which rock to live music from afternoon to night with all the local's favorite bands and two great eateries with patio bars on either side. Fireworks on Sunday and Wednesday nights from the pier(between 14 & 15 St) or from your balcony. Different parts of the boardwalk attracts different clienteles. We had a awesome time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With the most amenities of any resort on the beach and all oceanfront rooms and suites, Beach Quarters is easily the best value on the Virginia Beach Oceanfront. One-bedroom suites that sleep up to six, and a full kitchen and queen sleeper sofa in living room, make it great choice for families vacationing for a week or more. Studios include one king bed or two double beds and a kitchenette. Get in a game of rooftop tennis or shuffle board, swim in the heated indoor oceanfront pool or soak up the sun at the 7th floor rooftop pool. Enjoy a frozen cocktail or a meal poolside at Sandbar, a tropical bar and grill on the 7th floor pool deck, open seasonally. Work-out in the expansive athletic club which features a sauna, steam room, whirlpool, and exercise machines. Additional resort amenities include a Business Center, laundry facilities onsite, free Wi-fi and onsite guest parking, a Youth Activity Center and Game Room, and easy access to water sports at Rudee Inlet. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Beach Quarters Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beach Quarters Hotel Virginia Beach
- Va Beach
- Beach Quarters Virginia
- Clarion Virginia Beach
- Virginia Beach Clarion