“A day at the VBeach is worth a million in town.”

Beach Quarters Resort
Ranked #72 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Reviewed 22 August 2013

Family vacation stayed 10-17 Aug 13 with 3 teens/young adults.
We were on the 3rd floor and rented it from the owner. Two double beds and pull out sleeping sofa(no issue from my 16 YO son). Approx 400-450 sq feet room. Odd layout, entrance straight to the bedroom, then very small bathroom with separate sink area, kitchenette and living room with balcony facing ocean. This is a condo converted from a hotel, 40% of the rooms are owned and the remaining 60% are time shares. Yes they will tried to get 90 mins of your time which we declined right away. For what we paid I believed it was a good rate.
Beds were comfortable(firm mattresses). Kitchenette has two elements only, microwave/oven and full fridge. Good for making breakfasts and lunches only. They had a blender good enough for cocktails. Eating table for two only. All our suppers were take outs or restaurants. The Oceanfront streets are numbered 1 to 89 from South to North. The boardwalk is only from 1 to 40 St. The surfing area is from 1 to 5 St, no swimming/in-experience boogie boards allowed or the life guards will be on you. This area was great for us because of the waves, maybe not so good for young ones/weak swimmers. They had a tennis court/pool-pool/bar on the 7th floor. Awesome fitness facility for a fee. Indoor pool and jacuzzi(just in case you do not like the sun and sand). Parking garage-very tight for our mini-van, going up no issues but going down-interesting. VB is near naval bases and there are very loud fighter jets that pass by quite often. The sound of freedom for some. There is a stage close by on 7 St which rock to live music from afternoon to night with all the local's favorite bands and two great eateries with patio bars on either side. Fireworks on Sunday and Wednesday nights from the pier(between 14 & 15 St) or from your balcony. Different parts of the boardwalk attracts different clienteles. We had a awesome time.

3  Thank GalavantingJeff
William B, General Manager at Beach Quarters Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2013

I throughly enjoyed reading your response and feedback to our Resort. I am Bill, the Resort Manager at Beach Quarters. I beleive your feedback paints a realistic view of our Resort and surrouding areas. I will surely share your comments with my saff on the morning pre shift meeting. I thank you for the feedback and business! We look forward to serving you on your next trip to the Virginia Beach area.

Reviewed 16 August 2013

Let me preface this review by saying I went during one of the busiest times a year, the 4th of July , so I'm trying to give them the benefit of the doubt. I wasn't disappointed but I wasn't pleasantly surprised. The rooms are extremely small and the layout is odd. As soon as you walk in the room your greeted with the bedroom, the bed isn't a real queen it's more of a full size. If you sit on the toilet your knees can hit the door and the kitchen is NOT a real kitchen its a kitchenette. We requested a higher level floor but they put us on 3 because the higher floors are for time shares. I will say I enjoyed myself because it's close to EVERYTHING, right on the beach close to all the restaurants and the band sheds and we had a beautiful view of the fireworks. If your on a lower level floor everyone can see you from the boardwalk( like right in your face see you)! The upper level pool is really nice, but it's ALWAYS crowded and no seats are ever available. They have a tennis court and work out room but the overall feel of the place is kind of a icky feel if clean doors, carpet and elevators matter to you. Would I stay there again, probably not, for the amount of money we spent I just expected something a little more nicer than what I got. Oh and the parking lot is TERRIBLE free but terrible I have a mid size car and it was difficult for me to maneuver I couldn't imagine a truck in there.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 August 2013

We chose the Beach Quarters for our week in Virginia Beach. While the property is beach front, that is not a good enough reason to choose it over the other options in VA Beach. While they advertise a kitchen, it is little more than a counter with a refrigerator and microwave. The space was cramped and not clean. There was mold around the tub and a large stain on the ceiling that could not be identified. If you drive anything larger than a SMART car, good luck maneuvering your way through the garage. The pool on the roof is small, but it was nice to have a bar that served drinks and food. There were some safety issues with the pool and the suction devices as well. The walkways to the rooms make you feel like you are at a cheap motel. This was not at all worth the money that they charge for the rooms. Keep looking.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 August 2013

My family owns a timeshare at Beach Quarters. The quality has gone down. Our visit last week was very disappointing. The room was upgraded last year. The furniture was fine and beds are good, but the quality of cleaning is not good. We opened the door and this horrible smell was in the room. i am not sure what it was, maybe a very very sour mop or something. I had to buy air freshner and leave the balcony door open to try and get the smell out of the room. Second the shower was so gross. the shower tiles were moldy and the shower curtian, it needed thrown away. I was embarressed to bring my friend and her daughter into this room. The bedspread had blood stains on it. i was so glad i brought my own sheets. As for the carpeting. it needs replaced and or cleaned. our socks were black.

As an owner and this is part of the Marriott Interval club, this is clearly not a marriott property and should not be pertrayed as one.

On another note. My family owns two time shares in VA Beach with the same compnay. If i tell you that and I am not interested in buying or looking at any other properties. Pleas STOP asking and bothering me with it. I said no and no means no. That is very annoying!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank sandiebe_12
Reviewed 14 August 2013

This is a condo converted from a hotel, so the layout is a little odd if you don't know that going in. We stayed in a one bedroom suite (2 full beds). We could hear hallway noise, but the only late night noise was on check-in day. The beach is pretty dirty, but the ocean-loving members of our group loved it anyway. You are near a naval base and there are very loud jets that pass by quite often.

Now for the good stuff. Staff is very friendly and helpful. The Boardwalk is really clean and a great place for people watching. The rooftop pool is nice, but the indoor pool is sandy (looks like it might be the place guests wash off when they come in from the beach.

We did attend the timeshare presentation - it was about 2 hours, but we knew going in they wouldn't keep it to 90 minutes. If we had the extra money, we probably would have bought something.

Reviewed 13 August 2013

I booked the Beach Quarters last minute had a wonderful stay.. This was 1st visit to VA beach, so we booked a hotel in Norfolk about 20 mins driving from the beach because of the price...It was nice, but after driving and seeing how beautiful the hotels on the beach looked we decided to book here...As soon as I arrived Ashley welcomed us, and I explained I was coming from another hotel in which we did not like so I hope we made the right decision... Right away she replied yes and explained to me how long they have renovated and the amenities.. I also explained that I had a baby and small kids so we wanted some where fun... 15 mins after we checked in while I was parking my van, in which i much so got damage because the ramps are so narrow and larger vehicles do not obey the do not park signs, a smoke alarm went off... I was still in the garage, when my phone rang and Ashley was on the line inquiring if my family was ok because she remember me saying I had a baby.. What a great bonus touch.... After that all went well..the 7th floor pool water was warm but a little dirty.. We used Turtle Cay pool next door which was great for smaller kids.... Room was a little small, but we loved the stove top and all the pot and utensils.....Overall I will give then a 4 because I did not like the garage, hall ways and the dirty pool water.. but Ashley and a nice African American Concierge lady when we checked out were the best....

Reviewed 2 August 2013

I felt like I needed to shower every time I left the building. The carpet in our unit was DISGUSTING. Our feet were BLACK and filthy when we walked on the carpet and it clearly had been a long, long time since it has been steam cleaned. The kitchen area is extremely small so I won't even call it a kitchen but it was nice that they had a full size fridge and microwave and a dishwasher that we never used. The hallways are smelly and hot since they're exterior hallways. Don't even get me started on the parking deck. Horrible. We were driving a regular sized pick-up and attempted to park in there one night. I had to get out and direct my husband so we didn't slam into the concrete columns around each corner. We had to park across the street behind another hotel just to keep our vehicle safe for the remainder of the trip. Unless you're driving a compact car, you won't fit in this parking deck. They also don't have nearly enough luggage carts because we were checking out on a Friday night and every other person checking out the next morning all hoarded the carts into their rooms so we had to load up a week's worth of luggage, kitchen supplies, baby items, food, etc. for three people by making 10 trips up and down. I can't believe that Gold Key has not knocked this dump down. We toured their newest building and you would never believe they were owned by the same company. I understand this was their "first" hotel and they are sentimental about it, so we're told but come on...this place needs a bulldozer. They claim to have done a 3 million dollar renovation which consisted of flatscreens, a new couch and lamps but then went from king size beds to full in our unit. We also left our room key in the room one night and asked the nice lady at the front desk for another. She never even asked for our ID. I could have entered anyone's room if I asked for a key to another unit. Nice. We will never return here again. This is NO "resort". Gross.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family